• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
That would be so good. But that would require creating models for the Akazaya Nine outside of Kin'emon, as well as all those other models they don't want to do. Just like Iceberg and Spandam.
Even with Bandia Namco on their backs, Koei Tecmo is still gonna slack off as much as possible. I keep wanting to see more 3rd party titles, like Fairy Tail or My Hero be given the Warriors treatment, but they need somebody to make sure they put in effort.

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
i havent actually gotten to cp9 in one piece but i played lucci once and i dont understand this guy, like he can turn into big cat man but also his specials de-transform him and he is somehow a sky type so i am occasionally a big cat man floating in the air making big stomping noises as i airwalk across the battlefield.
that's pretty funny.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The limited maps really hurt it.
There's Alabasta, which only has Rainbase and Alubarna.
Water 7, with a lack of water.
Enies Lobby is like two maps. The Courthouse, and the path to the boats.
Sabaody.
Marineford
Dressrosa has two. The island, and the Corrida Colosseum.
Whole Cake Island also has two, the outside and inside the Chateau
Wano is two as well. Wano itself, and that barren wasteland where the final two levels take place. I think it's meant to be Onigashima?

But yeah, it gets really repetitive seeing the same maps over and over. At least the last game covering almost every arc provided some variety.

is the another whole cake map, inside the mirror

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Anyone else notice how amazing Cavendish is once you unlock Hakuba transformation and half n' half? He went from meh, to pretty much god-tier.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The New World deciding battle is wrecking me :(

Any tips?

Edit: Nevermind, a cool Kaido player just carried me through it :lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Thriller Bark at least got a quick rundown and a Moria model.

"They had an adventure in the sky."

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Thriller Bark was amazing in the manga and could have been amazing in PW too. I love the setting! The potential is huge

I guess it's different for everyone and I haven't read the manga so I don't doubt that it was better there, I have to say though I don't like zombies or spooky settings at all so that factors in for me too. And in PW3 the part with the invisible map was annoying and the fight agains Oars tedious and just not fun in my opinion.

Thriller Bark at least got a quick rundown and a Moria model.

"They had an adventure in the sky."

Yeah that hurt me a bit but then again I understand they couldn't cram everything in there so it makes sense they cut it, but yeah... :(

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I guess it's different for everyone and I haven't read the manga so I don't doubt that it was better there, I have to say though I don't like zombies or spooky settings at all so that factors in for me too. And in PW3 the part with the invisible map was annoying and the fight agains Oars tedious and just not fun in my opinion.

The atmosphere is 10/10 in the manga. Starting out with the weak group being terrified of the island, and moving on to the strong group dominating the island. Thriller Bark is also the only time in OP history (I'm quite sure) that all crew members teamed up to defeat one single enemy, which was really cool to see. Plenty of good gags, a devastatingly sad backstory, and an epic scene with Zoro vs Kuma. Truly an awesome arc.

If they carried this over to PW, it could have been super fun.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
And it gave us one of the best Luffy memes!

tumblr_ndnjr0pyl61twbz24o3_500.gif

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
The atmosphere is 10/10 in the manga. Starting out with the weak group being terrified of the island, and moving on to the strong group dominating the island. Thriller Bark is also the only time in OP history (I'm quite sure) that all crew members teamed up to defeat one single enemy, which was really cool to see. Plenty of good gags, a devastatingly sad backstory, and an epic scene with Zoro vs Kuma. Truly an awesome arc.

If they carried this over to PW, it could have been super fun.

Point taken, that does sound quite great, maybe I'll pick the manga up one day and yeah I have to admit them jointly working together to get Moria and Oars down was great.

And it gave us one of the best Luffy memes!

tumblr_ndnjr0pyl61twbz24o3_500.gif

I forgot about this, that was great yeah :P

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Thriller Bark is amazing.
Comedy is top notch.
Characters are top notch.
The fights are top notch.
Introduces Brook who is of course amazing.

Anime ruined it with its pacing. But the anime is prettry fucking awful and has been for many years.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
They stepped at least the visuals up since Wano but the pacing is still terrible.
I hope one day Toei produces their own One Piece Kai, to fix the awful pacing.
I know fans have pretty much tried to do this already.
I find the One Piece anime in its current form completely unwatchable.
Its like 'when are we going to get to the fireworks factory?' but every single episode.
Its excruciating.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Question for the room, any particularly useful skills I'm missing from individual characters? I already got Bartolomeo's and Sabo's. Teach's ain't awful either. Is Law's worth it? Sounds like it's a way to not die in the New World as characters without healing abilities.

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Question for the room, any particularly useful skills I'm missing from individual characters? I already got Bartolomeo's and Sabo's. Teach's ain't awful either. Is Law's worth it? Sounds like it's a way to not die in the New World as characters without healing abilities.
Since I'm still leveling my characters, Namis is useful for me. I tried using the Conquerors Haki skill, but it doesn't seem all that good.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to buy this game as I'm a huge One Piece fan and found Hyrule Warriors (my first foray into the genre) to be surprisingly decent. But I have 2 questions:
- How's the Switch version (this is the version I'd almost certainly buy).
-Content wise, how does this game compare to the Switch version of Hyrule Warriors? I ended up selling that game as I found a lot of the repetitive content boring. But, it could be fine if there's a significantly larger number of maps.

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Tried some of the Germa characters.
I prefer Ichiji over Niji, due to the explosions, the laser attacks and the more straightforward moves. Haven't played as Yonji yet, because who cares about Yonji. Reiju is still my favourite of the group, due to the crowd control she gets.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really tempted to buy this game as I'm a huge One Piece fan and found Hyrule Warriors (my first foray into the genre) to be surprisingly decent. But I have 2 questions:
-Content wise, how does this game compare to the Switch version of Hyrule Warriors? I ended up selling that game as I found a lot of the repetitive content boring. But, it could be fine if there's a significantly larger number of maps.
Switch performance seems not the greatest. The FPS is nowhere near stable and has a lot of texture pop-ins. Don't expect it to be as smooth as Hyrule Warriors. As for content, there isn't really a lot of maps but it makes up for it in character playstyle diversity. Unlike most muso games, almost every One Piece character plays different from one another and that's even more expanded upon with the introduction of class types. You have power, speed, technique, and sky, with technique being the most complex. Most of the replayability is in leveling up characters. It's fun to tear through hundreds of enemies while admiring how KT was able to faithfully capture the attacks and personalities of the One Piece characters. It's over the top in the best ways. And yeah, you'll get the most enjoyment out of it if you're a huge fan of One Piece while also being a little annoyed at the details KT skipped on, like not giving Iceberg a 3D model.

Last edited:

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Starting the last arc. The game became much better. Loving luffy and whitebeard

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Been playing switch and hasn't bugged me at all. Smaller number of maps but not that many fewer than HW and they have greater diversity and destroy able buildings. Plus even moreso than HW every character has a unique moveset and while there is plenty to do the commanders aren't as bad a grind as hw

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Tried some of the Germa characters.
I prefer Ichiji over Niji, due to the explosions, the laser attacks and the more straightforward moves. Haven't played as Yonji yet, because who cares about Yonji. Reiju is still my favourite of the group, due to the crowd control she gets.
Not surprised they're good. I've wanted to break my controller fighting them, especially when they're all together. Easily tied with Ace and Sabo as people I don't want to fight yet appear constantly.

Last edited:

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say. Luffy has always been one of the most fun characters to play in any PW game, but holy shit this time he's not only one of the most fun, but also one of the strongest. It's fitting, of course, considering that he is starting to become one of the strongest characters in the whole world of OP. Luffy is just a non-stop wrecking ball. Besides his transformations, I love how what used to be considered epic finishers are now just incorporated into his standard combos. His square square triangle combo is just him rapid-firing his stuff lol. Love this character and I certainly don't mind playing him so much in the story

Bege's big father special is cray cray, and his full-force ability is so interesting

Lucci is basically like a post-timeskip Sanji. Not as good as the Vinsmokes, but really fun, like all sky types are

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised they're good. I've wanted to break my control fighting them, especially when they're all together. Easily tied with Ace and Sabo as people I don't want to fight yet appear constantly.

Niji and Ichiji are absolutely batshit insane

Like I posted before, imo: Niji > Ichiji > Sanji > Reiju > Yonji. All five are really fun to play, but the first two are a whole other level

OP
OP
AgentLampshade

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Bege's big father special is cray cray, and his full-force ability is so interesting
Beges FFB is weird in that it encourages you to travel in a group rather than the lone Musou warrior for once. Took me a good while to click on what was actually going on. I like it though. I'm looking forward to using him more.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, a very minor observation that I've made, that doesn't really bother me at all but I do find it interesting, is that you can't walk in PW4. I think this is the first PW game where you can't walk. No matter how lightly you tip the control stick, your character will still jog/run. I guess they didn't want to waste time developing walking animations. I used to always walk slowly after clearing a stage, lol

Beges FFB is weird in that it encourages you to travel in a group rather than the lone Musou warrior for once. Took me a good while to click on what was actually going on. I like it though. I'm looking forward to using him more.

Yeah it's really really interesting. It certainly requires more work than other characters but I think learning it properly would be really satisfying

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I gotta say. Luffy has always been one of the most fun characters to play in any PW game, but holy shit this time he's not only one of the most fun, but also one of the strongest. It's fitting, of course, considering that he is starting to become one of the strongest characters in the whole world of OP. Luffy is just a non-stop wrecking ball. Besides his transformations, I love how what used to be considered epic finishers are now just incorporated into his standard combos. His square square triangle combo is just him rapid-firing his stuff lol. Love this character and I certainly don't mind playing him so much in the story
I'm glad about this as well. He was solid in three, grizzly magnum gave him the heavy attack he was missing in 2. This one though.... the fact every attack is gear 2nd post timeskip, both this transformation bursts being insane, and his fantastic specials, Luffy has joined the elites. It's rare for me to feel the urge to play him again after finishing the game, I do now.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Anyone else unlock Kaido's transformation burst and find it... well bad? His combos are either low damage, inaccurate, or slow as hell. His special attacks range are solid, but his not musou attack has atrocious AOE for how little damage it does. I'm kinda let down honestly.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Just finished the story had a good time. Feel that war comment from Kaido could be used for a DLC mode setup(or I'm just self projecting my wish for a SW Battlefront 2(original) Galactic Conquest inspired mode).
Played Jimbe on WCI, yes he's slow but he feels way better here than 3 at least. The 2 characters I really want to mess with in story log are Buggy and Marco but I'm 12 missions from unlocking the former and 8 from the latter

Hopefully we get our first dlc tease in the next week or two, hope they announce a new mode or two on top of the characters

edit: also after deciding to use Franky as a (rather fun) change of pace, I will repeat: General Franky should have been a form change

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ace is really strong, like top 5 easily.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Just got the plat, fun times. I wish I had enough patience to stick around and test more characters out, but it's time to move on. The backlog beckons.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
This game's subtitles are weird. Luffy nods in one cutscene but that somehow translates to "Sure you do", Character's names are said but sometimes not shown, "One Piece" is sometimes translated as "Grand Line", etc.

Last edited:

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the story had a good time. Feel that war comment from Kaido could be used for a DLC mode setup(or I'm just self projecting my wish for a SW Battlefront 2(original) Galactic Conquest inspired mode).
Played Jimbe on WCI, yes he's slow but he feels way better here than 3 at least. The 2 characters I really want to mess with in story log are Buggy and Marco but I'm 12 missions from unlocking the former and 8 from the latter

Hopefully we get our first dlc tease in the next week or two, hope they announce a new mode or two on top of the characters

edit: also after deciding to use Franky as a (rather fun) change of pace, I will repeat: General Franky should have been a form change

That Kaido comment is actually canon, though he says it way earlier in the actual manga.

Also I really can't agree on Jinbei being better than in PW3. Of all the characters I've played so far, Jinbei is one of the only two characters who I think have been nerfed. I'm missing a lot of his old moves :( I gotta go back and see if there are more things I can unlock on his map though, maybe I've missed something that will change my perception of him.

This game's subtitles are weird. Luffy nods in one cutscene but that somehow translates to "Sure you do".

LOL

Yes, the subtitles are super weird. The weirdest thing is how One Piece is always translated to "Gold Roger's lost treasure". It's literally the name of the franchise lol

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the plat, fun times. I wish I had enough patience to stick around and test more characters out, but it's time to move on. The backlog beckons.

I thought the 100m berries trophy was going to be a horrible grind, but it turned out to not be so bad with Onigashima giving you 1.5m per run in under 3 minutes with Katakuri. His Square, Square, Triangle AOE is just ridiculously OP.

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
The soundtrack to this game is just too good. I loved the music in PW3 but I think these songs are even better.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Snake man has only one Y combo ? Whatever I do one two three four time X it's always the same with Y after (Xbox )

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so after unlocking the Sulong specials, I've been going back to Carrot, and I gotta say as I've gotten a better understanding of the character, she has moved from being a "meh" character to being one of my mains. She has the freaking PW2 Ener-combo. Her full force burst is insane! Playing this character is so much fun. I've equipped skills that work around maintaining as much stamina and as much FFB as possible to really elevate the combo; it feels great

Snake man has only one Y combo ? Whatever I do one two three four time X it's always the same with Y after (Xbox )

Well it's the same move but Luffy do the attack in different patterns. I don't recall if you just unlock more Snakeman moves automatically or if you have to upgrade the move in the character map but you do get some more variety with Snakeman. But yeah, bounceman is more fun imo

Ironically Luffy appears to be stronger when he's just using his normal FFB rather than either of the transformation, but they're both super fun to play with anyway

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so after unlocking the Sulong specials, I've been going back to Carrot, and I gotta say as I've gotten a better understanding of the character, she has moved from being a "meh" character to being one of my mains. She has the freaking PW2 Ener-combo. Her full force burst is insane! Playing this character is so much fun. I've equipped skills that work around maintaining as much stamina and as much FFB as possible to really elevate the combo; it feels great

Well it's the same move but Luffy do the attack in different patterns. I don't recall if you just unlock more Snakeman moves automatically or if you have to upgrade the move in the character map but you do get some more variety with Snakeman. But yeah, bounceman is more fun imo

Ironically Luffy appears to be stronger when he's just using his normal FFB rather than either of the transformation, but they're both super fun to play with anyway
I think I just used x twenty times then Y and it did some rain punch in snake form. But I don't know how I triggered it. Don't link bounce man much but snake man is funny