• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Momo being aged is a good way to have him become the shogun without actually having to reveal to the world that his mother had time travelling powers.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Momo being aged is a good way to have him become the shogun without actually having to reveal to the world that his mother had time travelling powers.
Dream scenario would have been Momo dying because he's trash and Hiyori becoming the Shogun. No reason to reveal the time travel stuff then.
But it was never gonna happen cause it doesn't make any sense with the way the story has been written.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I really don't know what Carrot will do if Neko is truly the one to defeat Perospero. Carrot being the one avenging Pedro is what seemed to be the obvious conclusion to that subplot.

Ngl, Neko being the one to defeat Peros feels kinda weird but I don't really mind it.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I really don't know what Carrot will do if Neko is truly the one to defeat Perospero. Carrot being the one avenging Pedro is what seemed to be the obvious conclusion to that subplot.

Ngl, Neko being the one to defeat Peros feels kinda weird but I don't really mind it.
If we suppose that all the Scabbards are gonna die, then Carrot can avenge both Pedro and Neko

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017

The interesting twist would be if Peros beats/ kills Neko.

Oct 25, 2017
*watches the first part of We Are One*
*shows various booze named after characters, including Silvers Rayleigh silver rum*
Are these real?

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
If we suppose that all the Scabbards are gonna die, then Carrot can avenge both Pedro and Neko
Continuing the Mink vs Peros trend, Neko will stab himself in an attempt to kill Peros like that one moment from Samurai Champloo, but it will fail (because neko is too thicc).

Carrot will blame Peros and the latter will be like "DUDE STABBED HIMSELF, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE"

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope Sanji being able to kick flames isn't given a logical explanation...I like it just being cuz he kicks so fast.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Sanji being affected by the raid suit is really interesting and something I don't think anyone really predicted.

Zoro potentially being "special" doesn't bother me as long as they don't give him some type of bullshit he doesn't have to work for. That's when the chosen one angle gets annoying. Zoro has worked hard for everything he's gotten, and as long as that continues, it's fine.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I doubt that either of the dukes loses their fight here. If they were in base form I could see it happening but now?

Seems unlikely to me.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
again I hope this isn't going to be 1v1 now give me more tag team action with zoro/sanji double teaming vs both lead performers

(that said I do sadly think it's going to just be two 1v1 but I can dream right)

Last edited:

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Sanji being able to kick flames isn't given a logical explanation...I like it just being cuz he kicks so fast.

I don't ever think kicking with flames was ever a problem since people just when with friction .
It was went he went full body flames and other stuff that some were WTH lol.
I cool with either way but it funny to see Queen go humans can't do that lol

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Something in the raid suit is activating whatever it is Sanji's siblings have going on.

I think that the hybrid thing might be a fakeout, though, it's too specific and sudden.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Zoro and Sanji is a duo that needs to happen more often. Also, episodes look like they're going to start picking up. Hoping once Yamato appears next, it'll just be constant action.

I guess at least until Luffy gets knocked off the roof.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I found King and Queen lying down with fed up expressions on their faces really funny

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I'd be fine with Momo looking like Oden as long as he doesn't have the same haircut
It's too iconic, I wouldn't want it to be anyone else's

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with y'all, more 2v2 please. Zoro being a Wano descendant is not surprising, but I hope it's not a big deal or anything. Let him have his own story without being the son or grandson of some great swordsman. I didn't see Sanji unlocking something from his raid suit coming, maybe it causes his germa genes to unlock (without the shitty no empathy part). It could be something else, but I got no clue what it'd be then.

This chapter ended up being pretty thick. The dukes having another big moment to shine makes me feel that they might not last this arc. Still don't know why we're seeing Raizo vs Fukurokuju, wonder if that'll lead to some new info or a twist, can't see why it's relevant otherwise.

Luffy about to make his grand entrance back to Onigashima with a Kaido-sized Momo dragon. Can't wait.

Oct 26, 2017
OrRB-oMnBqX1VPJPysabZI1RBOmM9ZawW_Q9OJ9DqFc.jpg

THIS ZORO AND SANJI TAG TEAM IS SO GOOD!!
So many hints dropped, too. Such as Sanji's body acting strange after putting on the raid suit...that's definitely gotta lead to something. The name of King's race is Lunarians!!! HOLY SHIT...MOON SHIT CONFIRMED~~~!!!
The Zoro stuff is less of a hint if not a full-on confirmation that he's the descendant of Ryuma and Ushimaru. And Ryuma lost an eye at some point. That explains the scar over the eye socket of Ryuma's zombie.
The Lunarians being referred to as "gods" is strong foreshadowing that they might be one of the races that came from the moon alongside the Skypieans and Birkans.

I really liked how all the scenes transitioned from one to the next. Like the reveal that Ryuma had one eye leads into the fight with Inu and Jack, who now has one eye bandaged up. Then Jack vs Inu transitions from Sulong Inu under the full moon to a Sulong Neko also under the full moon, which then transitions from talking about the deceased Pedro to Fukurokujo calling the Akazaya "Ghosts". WHICH THEN transitions from Raizo talking about Momo's growth to the final scene with a fully grown adult dragon form Momo. There's more to it, but I think y'all get the gist of what I'm saying.

Like, that's just great sequential storytelling period.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I'm ready for Yamato hype and decided to browse Reddit for some fanart.

I am not prepared for all the assholes going out of their way to call Yamato a girl.

Expecting a whole lot of:

*pushes glasses up*

"ACKSHUALLY!"

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Pero is still the most competent Big Mom Pirate

He can take on Neko imo (espcially since Neko has been fighting for much much longer)

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017

I am not prepared for all the assholes going out of their way to call Yamato a girl.

*pushes glasses up*

"ACKSHUALLY!"

Yeah it fucking sucks, and sadly I think its going to get even worse with the release of his vivre card and his appearance on the anime.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Too lazy to check, but isn't he still slightly smaller? It felt that way at least
nah you're right. Looking back to previous chapters, he's dramatically smaller than Kaido, using Luffy as a reference. Though Oda likes to mess around with perspectives and sizes so we won't know exactly how different they are until they're seen together.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it fucking sucks, and sadly I think its going to get even worse with the release of his vivre card and his appearance on the anime.

It's crappy because this community, and those threads on Reddit are such a stark difference. It fr feels cool being a part of this community but some of the shit I was reading over there…couldn't roll my eyes hard enough.

I just go for the fan art anyway.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

*pushes glasses up*

"ACKSHUALLY!"
Transphobia really starts coming out when you ask them why Yamato can't be a guy when even Kaido refers to him as his son.

Oct 26, 2017
The Naomi Koshi Vivi's Adventure chapter made me nostalgic hard, bruh.

And the first part of the We Are One live action shorts was good.

Lots of great One Piece content today.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Yamato will be able to fight for a little once Luffy joins the fight, or if he's out at that point.