• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh y'all know I'm trying to stay away from NWH spoilers

Honestly I chuckled at that brief time of us trying to discussing the trailer within spoiler tags, cuz ain't no way that shit was gonna last lol

Unlike One Piece spoilers, it's an officially released trailer about two of the most popular things in the world: the MCU and Spider-Man

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
All of you talking about dead PS4s and Xbox Ones and I'm looking at my switch worried now that he might not have the will to live at some point. I'll have to draw a Robin in it.

Interesting, Yuderon a Japanese One Piece Youtuber thinks/predicts something might happen in Chapter 1031.

1031 can read (wordplay) "Disaster" "Genius" "Longway"

Disaster? End of act3? Believe.

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Finally had a look at the spoilers.
Wow Carrot appeared again.
Shimotsuki Zoro in some form seems more and more likely but it's also weird since clearly he wasn't related to Kuina's father. Hope Oda nails the twist cause I'm also way more in love with the idea that Zoro was a nobody family wise. So I hope this is just a red herring of sorts.
Worried about the momo aging up thing I hope it pays off well I feel like it didn't need to be like that but huge double dragons is probably a pic Oda wants to draw.

With the new Sanji hints I wonder if the nature of his powers is Judge modifying the DNA of all his children with other races.
So possibly Sanji has DNA from King's race, Niji has Mink DNA. That leaves races that can possibly manipulate light and poison.
But who knows.

Added a bit more speculation
Yeah, I'd also prefer if he was a nobody. But from the way things are going everyone will be from an important family at the end. Zoro will have some relation to important people in Wano, Sanji is a prince, Luffy is from Garp's bloodline. I'm waiting for the moment when Nami will also have her surname revealed and she is the daughter of one of the five elders.

The Vinsmoke children being kind of hybrids would make sense, though then they would'nt have needed to become cyborgs. But i'll say that if we get to see King's face and he has a curly eyebrow just like Sanji's I'm screaming.

Yeah expect the next chapter to focus on Kaido and Yamato
I don't know if it will be the next one, but yeah it's coming soon. I'm just not sure if we will get it before or after Sanji and Zoro's fight comes to an end.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
Disaster? End of act3? Believe.
Or The Return of Genius?

qiPC3JJ.jpg

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
The first part of the popularity poster will have:

Kaido, Big mom, Oden, Katakuri, Yamato, Hiyori, Okiku, Reiju, Bartolomeo, Pudding, Rosinante, Law, Hancock, Mihawk, Doflamingo, Moria, Perona, Kuma

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd also prefer if he was a nobody. But from the way things are going everyone will be from an important family at the end. Zoro will have some relation to important people in Wano, Sanji is a prince, Luffy is from Garp's bloodline. I'm waiting for the moment when Nami will also have her surname revealed and she is the daughter of one of the five elders.

The Vinsmoke children being kind of hybrids would make sense, though then they would'nt have needed to become cyborgs. But i'll say that if we get to see King's face and he has a curly eyebrow just like Sanji's I'm screaming.

I don't know if it will be the next one, but yeah it's coming soon. I'm just not sure if we will get it before or after Sanji and Zoro's fight comes to an end.
Yonji def cyborg modified but I was told in another place that Ichiji and Niji used their powers as kids and thus they seemed natural but not sure if that is true. Might have been anime sourced.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
The first part of the popularity poster will have:

Kaido, Big mom, Oden, Katakuri, Yamato, Hiyori, Okiku, Reiju, Bartolomeo, Pudding, Rosinante, Law, Hancock, Mihawk, Doflamingo, Moria, Perona, Kuma

I don't know why I thought it was going to be 3 separate posters. From the low quality leaks it looks great.

I guess the middle part will include the SH crew.

edit: also what are Moria, Kaido and BM doing there? Aren't these supposed to be only the top 50?

Last edited:

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
I don't know why I thought it was going to be 3 separate posters. From the low quality leaks it looks great.

edit: also what are Moria, Kaido and BM doing there? Aren't these supposed to be only the top 50?

I thought Jump promised a Top 50, then Oda declared he'd be doing more like 100.

Yamato not being with the straw hats on the poster is disappointing

I mean, yeah, but not really. Yamato isn't a strawhat yet. I'd put more stock in him being on Volume 100's cover than a top 50-100 drawing.

It looks like Oda is going for a nice spread. With Yamato, Law, Katakuri, and Hancock on the left side, we'll probably get the strawhats centered, and Carrot, Ace, Sabo on the right. Nice spread of the top 12 across all three posters.

The real disappointment is that Yamato isn't beside Ace.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see all the characters spread out; I'd kind of assumed all the top 20 or so would be more bunched together but Oda seems to be going more with what looks cool so the picture can be more dynamic.

Were Kaido and Big Mom even in the top 50? I thought I remember they fell outside it

edit: Oh yeah, Kuma and Moria weren't either. So Oda's definitely taking some liberties with which characters show up

Last edited:

grand

Oct 25, 2017

I thought Jump promised a Top 50, then Oda declared he'd be doing more like 100.
Interesting to see all the characters spread out; I'd kind of assumed all the top 20 or so would be more bunched together but Oda seems to be going more with what looks cool so the picture can be more dynamic.

Were Kaido and Big Mom even in the top 50? I thought I remember they fell outside it

edit: Oh yeah, Kuma and Moria weren't either. So Oda's definitely taking some liberties with which characters show up
It's still a Top 50 but was also stated to be a "collection of pirates". My guess is that Oda just thought it was silly to exclude certain members of the Warlords & Emperors so he's including all of them regardless of their poll position. I imagine we'll get a few more characters who missed the top 50 like Karoo.

Oda also seems to be organizing the characters into groups as a lot of this current color page could be described as Wano, WCI and the Warlords. I imagine the other color pages will have sections for the Strawhats, Marines, Whitebeard, Roger and Alabasta: which would take care of most of the remaining characters (leaving only Kidd, Woop Slap, Shirahoshi & Enel behind iirc)

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
That does remind me though that we've been dealing with Big Mom and Kaido for so long that I miss the parts of the story where the World Government/Marines was the primary antagonistic force

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
That does remind me though that we've been dealing with Big Mom and Kaido for so long that I miss the parts of the story where the World Government/Marines was the primary antagonistic force

Ehhh Unless you count the Warlords as part of the WG/Marines it's only been Enies Lobby/Sabaody/Marineford where they were the primary threat. Otherwise it's always been evil pirates or tyrants and whatnot.

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Yonji def cyborg modified but I was told in another place that Ichiji and Niji used their powers as kids and thus they seemed natural but not sure if that is true. Might have been anime sourced.
Yes, they have been using their powers since they were children, as it is "natural" for them.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Luffy compares to the admirals now. I guess we kind of saw how against Fujitora.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Luffy compares to the admirals now. I guess we kind of saw how against Fujitora.
Since Dressrosa, Luffy's learned Future Sight, perfected a new Gear form, learned advanced Hardening Haki, gained battle experience against numerous top yonko officers, unlocked advanced Conquerors Haki and is about to start Round 3 with the Strongest Creature in the World™. He's at the level where only an Admiral would pose a threat to him
I don't see the gap noticeably decreased, but who knows. I think he still gets washed by all 4 (5?)
Eh?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He wouldn't get washed, but fighting someone like Akainu or even Aokiji would be pretty tricky

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
There's no way that Luffy would get washed by an admiral right now. I'd even argue that wouldn't be the case back in Dressrosa (unless you have a very loose definition of getting "washed").

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's still pretty much screwed if he goes up against 2+. Unlike the Yonko, the Admirals work together (mostly), and in Dressrossa Fujitora got "oh shit what the fuck is happening" reactions from people who should really be familiar with the upper end of the One Piece power scale. I think that they're still kind of out of his league, albeit not as far as before.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Since Dressrosa, Luffy's learned Future Sight, perfected a new Gear form, learned advanced Hardening Haki, gained battle experience against numerous top yonko officers, unlocked advanced Conquerors Haki and is about to start Round 3 with the Strongest Creature in the World™. He's at the level where only an Admiral would pose a threat to him

Eh?
yeah, just hard to gauge how much all that matters, but future sight I did forget about. The advanced haki was what I was thinking might be the game changer.