• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
The stuff about the Sun God, Nika is really intriguing. The sun and moon connections in One Piece continue to grow stronger and stronger. I'm wondering if Oda got this idea to create a religious figure for the slaves in the OP world from Slave Trade. It really seems that way with the comments made from Who's Who.
"What is Fish-man History if not the history of slavery" is too on the nose to just be a coincidence.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is that still a theory people are pushing? Lol

I would've been all for it if we didn't see that Oda didn't have Sasaki's hair color as green from the jump

I mean, he could still do it I guess, but now it just feels like we took a peek behind the curtain, it's not the same now lol

Azure J

Oct 25, 2017
This man Jinbe really laid Who's Who out completely. Fuck pixie rushdown characters darting around the whole stage, man really just held him down and said "BIG RYUGU KINGDOM DAMAGE."

5fftfg.jpg

I never even thought about it like that, damn. 😂

Yeah, if anyone was going to completely crush their opponent this arc it makes sense that it would be Jinbe lol

Jinbe being the first person to make full body armament terrifying is fantastic. Also between this week's anime episode and this chapter, I feel EXTREMELY good about loving Jinbe from day 1 Impel Down to now.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
I would've been all for it if we didn't see that Oda didn't have Sasaki's hair color as green from the jump

I mean, he could still do it I guess, but now it just feels like we took a peek behind the curtain, it's not the same now lol
The theory died for me when when we learned Sasaki's age. Sasaki is only 2 years younger than Franky so he would've been 8 when Franky joined Tom's Workers. The timeline sorta demands that Kokoro's son is older than Sasaki by at least a decade. Plus, it seems weird that Franky wouldn't recognize Chimney's dad lol

That's said, he could be more distantly related to Kokoro such as a nephew or even grandson. But I doubt it. Isn't the basis of the theory is that he drinks, looks like a Fishman and is fighting Franky? But tons of One Piece characters over-drink and we already know that Fishmen/Mermaid kids are like a RNG that grabs arbitrary traits from their ancestors. So it's fairly unlikely that Kokoro's son looks anything like her.

I'm sure Sasaki will be confirmed as a Fishman or Fishman hybrid but there's no particular need for him to be personally connected to Franky. Oda managed to create meaningful connections between Jinbei & WhosWho and Robin & Black Maria without retconning in an overly convenient family bond. I think fans just want a repeat of the WCI revelations but both the Lola and Sanji's reveals were set up in advance and heavily emphasized during the arc. Meanwhile, Sasaki vs Franky is only happening because Yamato pawned him off lol

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feels weird to be damn near caught up. Read up to where the anime currently is. That Law, Kid and Luffy team up was fantastic in motion. That's the kind of shit I want from the series from now on. Even the Kaido vs Oden bout was dope. Imagine if the series early on got this kind of love? I'll probably be up to date on the manga by tomorrow night.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Feels weird to be damn near caught up. Read up to where the anime currently is. That Law, Kid and Luffy team up was fantastic in motion. That's the kind of shit I want from the series from now on. Even the Kaido vs Oden bout was dope. Imagine if the series early on got this kind of love? I'll probably be up to date on the manga by tomorrow night.
Catching up on One Piece is a weird feeling. One day you have hundreds of chapters ahead of you and then you're suddenly current

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked this chapter, the cover story was cute, Jinbe was great and the fight was interesting to watch. Also excited about the Nika reveal cause I always liked the Shandorians

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on One Piece is a weird feeling. One day you have hundreds of chapters ahead of you and then you're suddenly current

Yeah I started this journey back in February hoping Jojolion would be finished by the time I caught up on One Piece.

That definitely won't be the case I guess lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When people wanted Who's Who to go mask off, this ain't what they meant Oda 😭

Oct 26, 2017
Who'a Who was feeling himself too much on this 4th of July.

And on the topic of Jimbei, anybody else think that it was cool how he drifted the Sunny like its Fast and the Furious in the new episode?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Djehuty

Sep 2, 2020
The beast pirates are such a dysfunctional crew, seriously it's a wonder they got to yonko status, Pay-pay and Ulti so far are the only ones who haven't shot the crew in the foot in some way. Queen need's to be kicked out especially

black mario really thought she could trap robin.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The beast pirates are such a dysfunctional crew, seriously it's a wonder they got to yonko status, Pay-pay and Ulti so far are the only ones who haven't shot the crew in the foot in some way. Queen need's to be kicked out especially

black mario really thought she could trap robin.

Wait what did Who's Who do lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He shot his teeth all over the third floor.

Oh pfft, thought I was forgetting something serious

There's countless examples of strong pirates causing collateral damage to their crewmates because of how strong they are

Also Ulti also did the same thing when she clashed with Luffy through headbutts lolol

Oct 25, 2017
Oh pfft, thought I was forgetting something serious

There's countless examples of strong pirates causing collateral damage to their crewmates because of how strong they are

Also Ulti also did the same thing when she clashed with Luffy through headbutts lolol

Basically if you're not a Commander, a Headliner, or a Gifter, then you don't fucking matter.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Jinbe really said: You dare be racist right to my face you fucking loser?

Status
Not open for further replies.