• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to rewatch Oddtaxi. I feel like a lot of it went over my head the first time around. I loved it though, I just want to understand it more.

That said, I don't really like the two comedians in it. Felt they were the weakest element by far.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oddtaxi seems like it would benefit a lot from just marathoning the whole thing over a few days. That's how I first watched the first 10 episodes when catching up. Going through everything again with hindsight should be pretty fun

It's actually not that surprising if you check the WSJ schedule
Code:
21/06     |     #29     |     Oda Break
28/06     |     #30     |     1017
05/07     |     #31     |     1018
12/07     |     #32     |     Oda Break
19/07     |    #33/34   |     1019
26/07     |      -      |     WSJ break
02/08     |     #35     |     1020
10/08     |  #36/37 (T) |     1021
16/08     |      -      |     WSJ break

A break after 1019 instead of 1018 would have led OP to be on break during a double issue, which was very unlikely.
It's likely that we'll get 4 consecutive chapters though from 1019 to 1022 (WSJ breaks don't count towards Oda's 3 chapter / 1 break schedule), cause I don't see them putting OP on break right after a WSJ break
What's the second summer Jump break for, didn't past years only have one summer break?

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Oddtaxi seems like it would benefit a lot from just marathoning the whole thing over a few days. That's how I first watched the first 10 episodes when catching up. Going through everything again with hindsight should be pretty fun

What's the second summer Jump break for, didn't past years only have one summer break?
First is for the Olympics
Second is for Obon

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhh right, the Olympics. Now I'm remembering that last year had a break scheduled that they kept even after the Olympics were postponed for the year

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I expected the Revos to have a higher bounty given their whole deal of directly opposing the WG.

Dragon himself is considered the World's Worst Criminal due to the ideas he espouses, so I'd figured anyone closely had involved with them would be considered dangerous for that alone.

But, then again, we don't know exactly what Dragon has done yet. He may have done or discovered something that is a major threat to the status quo before he chilled out to consolidate his team's power. But the majority of Revos have been purposely avoiding direct conflict with the WG/CD and aren't being needlessly destructive, so I guess I can see why their bounties aren't closing in on the upper hundred millions. At least, before their actions at the Reverie.

Last edited:

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the more I thinl about the WG having the Gomu gomu no mi the more I think it could be because Vegapunk was also into Giantification research years ago and he has a pretty good knowledgeabout the dfs out there it seems.

though I still have no idea why people are into the giantification thing anyways, all giants so far jobbed

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the more I thinl about the WG having the Gomu gomu no mi the more I think it could be because Vegapunk was also into Giantification research years ago and he has a pretty good knowledgeabout the dfs out there it seems.

though I still have no idea why people are into the giantification thing anyways, all giants so far jobbed

Because despite the memes, Giants are by far the strongest foot soldiers in the One Piece world. If you find a way to freely create them, then there's no reason to not make use of such a thing, rather than having normal marines or pirates.

Kaguya-sama coming for the third straight crown later this year

Lotus. Fruits Basket.

Love me some Kaguya-sama, but I try to focus more on new shows when I think of AOTY

As for Fruits Basket, it's finally finished, so maybe I'll get around to it sooner rather than later. I watched one episode like what, last year, then I completely fell off lol

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I think I mentioned this before but despite the manga rarely showcasing size as a threat the One Piece world has a TON of reverence towards size.
Sea Kings(and with that poseidon), Ancient Giants/Giants, when people in OP talk about those they're like world changing powers.
I feel like Zunisha was probably the first time where I felt like the fear lived up to the size.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I think I mentioned this before but despite the manga rarely showcasing size as a threat the One Piece world has a TON of reverence towards size.
Sea Kings(and with that poseidon), Ancient Giants/Giants, when people in OP talk about those they're like world changing powers.
I feel like Zunisha was probably the first time where I felt like the fear lived up to the size.
Not to mention a lot of Luffy's moves being enlarging his body.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Sure being a giant doesnt matter much among the top tier, but you cant tell me that the navy wouldnt be much stronger if their average footsoldier was a giant.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
My theory is Katakuri didn't destroy the environment/population like Kaido's calamities do which is why he is noticeably lower then them. For Marco I'm hoping that's his after Whitebeard death bounty lol. He may have failed to beat Teach but for a small time he was leading the remnants of Whitebeards crew against Teach. Which would explain a higher bounty then Katakuri.

Marco should always had a bigger bounty then Katakuri no matter when lol the dude was the right hand man of WB for decades.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Spoiler Details:

- Chapter 1,018: "Jinbe Vs. Who's Who".
- Tama becomes the target of Kaidou's subordinates.
- The Gifters and Shinuchi will be in charge of protecting her.
-Tama and Nami go on Speed's back (Usopp goes behind her asking to be allowed to climb).
- Nami tells Zeus that they are now "companions". Zeus is very happy.
- CP0 analyzes the battle after the last change. They also mention Who's Who.
- The rest of the chapter is Jinbe Vs. Who's Who.
- Who's Who curses Shanks for stealing the Gomu Gomu no Mi.
- In addition to eating the Gomu Gomu no Mi, Who's Who is angry with Luffy for wearing Shanks's hat.
- Who's Who heard the story of the legendary warrior "Sun God" from a guard, he was related to slaves.
- Thanks to that story, Who's Who was able to survive in prison (in the image we see the silhouette of the warrior).
- The guard who told Who's Who the story disappeared, so Who's Who decided to escape from prison in case they did something to him.
-As captain of the Taiyou Pirates, Who's Who asks Jinbe if he knows anything about this story, being a pirate gang of ex-slaves.
- At the end Jinbe uses a new attack against Who's Who.

OP
OP
Reyes
Spoiler Details:

- Chapter 1,018: "Jinbe Vs. Who's Who".
- Tama becomes the target of Kaidou's subordinates.
- The Gifters and Shinuchi will be in charge of protecting her.
-Tama and Nami go on Speed's back (Usopp goes behind her asking to be allowed to climb).
- Nami tells Zeus that they are now "companions". Zeus is very happy.
- CP0 analyzes the battle after the last change. They also mention Who's Who.
- The rest of the chapter is Jinbe Vs. Who's Who.
- Who's Who curses Shanks for stealing the Gomu Gomu no Mi.
- In addition to eating the Gomu Gomu no Mi, Who's Who is angry with Luffy for wearing Shanks's hat.
- Who's Who heard the story of the legendary warrior "Sun God" from a guard, he was related to slaves.
- Thanks to that story, Who's Who was able to survive in prison (in the image we see the silhouette of the warrior).
- The guard who told Who's Who the story disappeared, so Who's Who decided to escape from prison in case they did something to him.
-As captain of the Taiyou Pirates, Who's Who asks Jinbe if he knows anything about this story, being a pirate gang of ex-slaves.
- At the end Jinbe uses a new attack against Who's Who.
The Silthouse looks like a Warrior from Skypeia

Even the Sun God was refrenced back then:
8.jpeg

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Redon says it's not Fisher Tiger. I thought it was Shiki just because he's called the "Golden Lion". If it's not either of them, I have no idea who it could be.

It could be Gin... 🤔

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
Nioh had a great combat system but the actual levels were always kind of a slog to explore. Made me realize how much I appreciate the level design in From games.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Ben Reilly is taking over the mantle of Spider-Man from Peter Parker later this year in the comics. Ben is Pete's clone. We don't know the exact reason why yet

Thoughts?

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Well it's time to fix that!
I've played most of games, I just don't care about them or have this love for the franchise as everyone else.

Like I care more about Mario, FF and KH than I ever could atm about Zelda.

Also Mario music is better than Zelda music which is not really memorable outside certain themes.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I've played most of games, I just don't care about them or have this love for the franchise as everyone else.

Like I care more about Mario, FF and KH than I ever could atm about Zelda.

Also Mario music is better than Zelda music which is not really memorable outside certain themes.
Mario and Zelda music is about equal for me

Zelda games are just the best though

also best song in Video Games

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Zelda lullaby is like the most memorable theme in the franchise. Outside of like some overworks themes I just can't remember.

Like put a gun to my head and ask me to hum or name a theme in twilight princess, I'm dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.