• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
Unlike those fake fans Akazaya, Yamato wouldn't buy the fake Oden for a sec

True, but the Akazaya are going to meet another person claiming to be Oden after getting their hearts broken by Kanjuro.

You say this as if Kanjuro isn't going to use a fake Oden or (more likely) a fake Kin to trick Yamato, Momo & Shinobi.

Kanjuro is totally going to pose as a fake Kin to trick Momo and Shinobu. We'll automatically know it's Kanjuro if Oden appears, but Kin could be real or fake and leaves us suspicious. I wonder how good Yamato's CoO is, or if Sanji will come in clutch here since he's been missing for too long.

OP
OP
Reyes
What if we stole a balloon.
giphy.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

grand

Oct 25, 2017
True, but the Akazaya are going to meet another person claiming to be Oden after getting their hearts broken by Kanjuro.

Kanjuro is totally going to pose as a fake Kin to trick Momo and Shinobu. We'll automatically know it's Kanjuro if Oden appears, but Kin could be real or fake and leaves us suspicious. I wonder how good Yamato's CoO is, or if Sanji will come in clutch here since he's been missing for too long.
I'm thinking it'll be Sanji since he knows how far away the Scabbards are and thus will be in a position to be suspicious of anyone who finds Momo before him.

Also does Yamato even have CoO? I think we've only seen armament from him so far

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
We'll be in big trouble.

giphy.gif

MHA, JJK, One Piece for me. AoT is ending next month and I already throughly enjoyed Chainsaw Man.

Need more manga to read
Same and it doesn't help that Jumps solution for last year was to run a ton of new comedy series. Was hoping for a bit more variety (that we thankfully seem to be getting this year so far). Undead Unluck is another decent series to get into. The world is fascinating at times.
There is some force out there in the world of Undead Unluck that adds "rules" to the characters world every time they fail to complete certain tasks. Every time a "rule" is added the fabric of reality itself changes to accommodate the rule. One of the first "rules" that we see is the concept of outer space. Before this "rule" existed the characters lived in a world where they were the only planet in existence and they were in a void. After this rule was added an entire universe came into existence around them and triggered an alien invasion of their planet at the same time. Shits kinda funny.

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
We'll be in big trouble.

Same and it doesn't help that Jumps solution for last year was to run a ton of new comedy series. Was hoping for a bit more variety (that we thankfully seem to be getting this year so far). Undead Unluck is another decent series to get into. The world is fascinating at times.
There is some force out there in the world of Undead Unluck that adds "rules" to the characters world every time they fail to complete certain tasks. Every time a "rule" is added the fabric of reality itself changes to accommodate the rule. One of the first "rules" that we see is the concept of outer space. Before this "rule" existed the characters lived in a world where they were the only planet in existence and they were in a void. After this rule was added an entire universe came into existence around them and triggered an alien invasion of their planet at the same time. Shits kinda funny.
Undead Unluck sounds interesting. I'll give it a look
200.gif

If you want to take a real deep dive, Glass Mask & Rose of Versailles are famous 1970s manga that are a big inspiration for Kanjuro and Yamato
Added, thanks! Think I'm gonna read Slam Dunk too
tenor.gif

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Godlike you say? Hmmm I've always heard good things

How long are the first two arcs in Undead?
Not super long. I wanna say a dozen or so chapters? Maybe less. It starts off... very weird and not good, but it tamps down on the bad stuff and starts introducing the worldbuilding after that and then it's all good.

And yeah, godlike is probably the term I'd use for it. It's somehow dramatically unlike most other sports series despite being the direct progenitor of at least half of them. There are maybe other series I like more, like Eyeshield 21, but if I'm trying to be totally unbiased and objective, Slam Dunk is just better.

Oh, and if you're looking for recs, check out Radiant, if you haven't already.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of Switch online being bad...I don't really care that much, but I understand people's frustration.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Reyes gotta start doing what I do to avoid getting myself banned. Just full stop leave and do not respond to anyone in a thread if you start getting heated.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I generally don't post much outside of my few regular communities so I don't tend to get in danger of a ban.

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Nice cover, but wait... what is that?! The tanuki teapot! It was the tanuki teapot all along!!! Someone tell that guy from youtube.

So it looks like Orochi has 6 heads in his zoan form and all of them are cut down nonchalantly. But shouldn't he have at least 7? Anyway, he'll probably come back for another huge it's nothing moment.

I have to say I'm more happy with Kaidos hybrid form now that we see him in action. Oda is still drawing him moving like a dragon, which is actually amazing.

And the ending of the chapter is pretty much what we had already talked about in previous spoiler tags, there is no water. She probably fell somewhere in Wano mainland. Also, now that I think about it, this is probably how Nami will get Zeus back to fight against Ulti. We just need a way to conviniently get that box from the roof to wherever Nami is.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018

CoO?

Status
Not open for further replies.