• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Yes, it's simply takes, but "I like it more" is a take that isn't really open for discussion. How do you argue against someone liking something more? I never said there was anything wrong with that, I said people finding the anime better because it's pretty bugs me then I explained what I meant by better. Considering these are a bunch of critics, analysts, and reacters, I'd expect them to differentiate between the two.

Never said there was anything wrong with that either. I'm all for "like what you like", I say it constantly on my Youtube channel, I just want people to separate the two so we know where they stand. I will never speak against someone liking one thing over the other, but if you say it's better I'm gonna speak up and ask why.
I'm saying that there's nothing wrong with people being unable or unwilling to distinguish between what they like more and what they find "better", that's it.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I'm saying that there's nothing wrong with people being unable or unwilling to distinguish between what they like more and what they find "better", that's it.

Ah, I disagree, but I'm heavy into debating people so I need that distinction. I also think people should think more critically about media because if you call something good or bad you may not be able to articulate those feelings because you never thought about it, you only know about the enjoyment, or lack thereof, that you felt. Not outright become critics or anything, but just thinking more than how much you liked it.

I guess it's really only an issue if you want to discuss the good and bad of something over just loving/hating it.

Edit: Yup, referring to Yamato as "her".

Edit 2: Several people referring to him as "her".

Edit 3: "a strong nakama, a female nakama, and potentially a devil fruit"

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Could Jimbei take Zoro? I feel like the top 3 is (was) undisputed between Luffy, Zoro and Sanji (even without his suit) but now that Jimbei is in the mix….

yes. I'm here to post random questions most of the time now that I'm caught up.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Could Jimbei take Zoro? I feel like the top 3 is (was) undisputed between Luffy, Zoro and Sanji (even without his suit) but now that Jimbei in the mix….

yes. I'm here to post random questions most of the time now that I'm caught up.
Whenever we talk One Piece in here, it's 99% random questions so you fit right in.

I think they can have an evenish fight for awhile. I think Zoro would win, but Jimbei would hold his own for a good bit.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
There's legit 2 people out of 15 saying "he".

I just popped in to see how chaotic it was, and the new nakama discussion is going about as well as you'd think. I did catch tekking use Yamato's preferred pronouns, so I think that makes four: tekking, Artur, Joygirl, and Randy. I always thought tekking avoided the subject entirely by always referring to Yamato by name, but non-scripted he does use he/him for Yamato.

Rogersbase isn't there atm, but not a good showing for this group as a whole if only 4/16 are saying he.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I just popped in to see how chaotic it was, and the new nakama discussion is going about as well as you'd think. I did catch tekking use Yamato's preferred pronouns, so I think that makes three: tekking, Joygirl, and Randy. I always thought tekking avoided the subject entirely by always referring to Yamato by name, but non-scripted he does use he/him for Yamato.

Rogersbase isn't there atm, but not a good showing for this group as a whole if only 4/16 are saying he.

I don't see why it's so hard, I bet people would be stumbling over themselves to correct it if someone kept saying "Trace" but everyone is just letting this "she/her" thing slide, even calling him a "female".

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Admirals - Kizaru probably has the best overall fruit, but he lacks Akainus tenacity. Imagine if Akainu was sent to Sabaody. Dead Supernovas. All dead.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see why it's so hard, I bet people would be stumbling over themselves to correct it if someone kept saying "Trace" but everyone is just letting this "she/her" thing slide, even calling him a "female".
My guess is that they don't want to turn things into a big argument, but yeah, this really isn't a good look for anyone.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
I don't like getting reductive with people's mindsets, but it's Youtube and I can be reductive. Going all the way back to Chp 984:

YouTube: Sideboob
Ec-NOXUHX0-AAjf-Rd.jpg

(Yes, this was his response to Yamato dropping the mask and stating "I choose to be a man, too." Just Sideboob.)

And yet:
Oda: Sideboob
E25fb-LXX0-AAQE80.jpg

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Let me on the Reverie. I'll set them straight. Too many people all trying to be polite to each other because they don't know each other well enough to challenge a real difference of opinion publicly. You want to call Yamato a woman? Fine. Tell me why. Tell me why you can't at least use gender neutral terms. The real reason please, not this half-assed "Oda Box" bullshit.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What's there to argue? The series refers to him as "he", the characters in the series refers to him as "he", how can anyone argue against not calling him "he".
You really would think that would be enough, right? I've seen people write straight up fanfiction that Oda hasn't even remotely implied in the slightest to continue to misgender Yamato. Some people are real dedicated to their transphobia.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Either it's transphobia, or it's the lack of balls to fight against their community's transphobia. Which is also transphobia.

I mean if it's Reddit, you gonna be there all day sadly

But yea, if you can't do it amongst your fellow YouTubers, that's a bad look

I would gladly ruin the whole vibe to call them out on the Yamato topic

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
What's there to argue? The series refers to him as "he", the characters in the series refers to him as "he", how can anyone argue against not calling him "he".
People are actually so fucking stupid on that part. Panels upon panels that depict people referring to Yamato as he, son, evil look when referred to as daughter vs 1 intro box including his sex. That's what these dumbasses cite as their defense.

Kado

Feb 11, 2021
People are actually so fucking stupid on that part. Panels upon panels that depict people referring to Yamato as he, son, evil look when referred to as daughter vs 1 intro box including his sex. That's what these dumbasses cite as their defense.

I think for the bigots that Oda box is old news. Now they're pointing to Stephen's translation of Vol. 98's cover as proof. That's now TWO pieces of "evidence" for their bigotry.

81er-DRGr-Wv-S.jpg

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Yamato is more of a man than all the transphobes that refuse to accept his identity combined.
Side note I hate that my autocorrect tries to change his name to Yamamoto.

Oct 27, 2017
Is Whitebeard basically a giant Dom Toretto without a car?

We fighting bruh

"something I've wanted since I was a kid.... a family"

I don't care how cheesy it sounds. Shit just hits different.

Touches my soul

Yep: (about 2:15 or so)

KoL is a bitch ass hater I did not know that about him

How tf you gon be Black and then be a piece of shit about other minority demographics, how fucking blind and ignorant can you be bruh, shit makes me fucking mad

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy Fire Emblem Awakening Reyes, you played it right

How tf you gon be Black and then be a piece of shit about other minority demographics, how fucking blind and ignorant can you be bruh, shit makes me fucking mad

Yup, stopped watching his stuff after seeing this

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Should I buy Fire Emblem Awakening Reyes, you played it right

Yup, stopped watching his stuff after seeing this
Awakening is alright, revived the franchise but the map design is garbage and the game is so strained resource wise. The developers cut the feet off everyone's character models to make sure the game would run fine.

I swore of all reactors after finding out the only one I liked was a Vic defender (thanks to morlas pointing it out). The ones continuing to show their ass about Yams and just being openly homophobic when they feel like it. Are a disgrace.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Yep, ain't nothing more irritating than watching other black folk behave like and engage with the same sorts of bigots that would happily crush us as well. All that celebrating over Jimbei beating down Who's Who when they're more similar to him then they would ever acknowledge.

Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder if the Straw Hat's Beast Pirate disguises were made solely for merch purposes. Especially since Luffy loses it really quickly. Like it was an editorial mandate or something.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I have to wonder if the Straw Hat's Beast Pirate disguises were made solely for merch purposes. Especially since Luffy loses it really quickly. Like it was an editorial mandate or something.
Since Dressrosa where outfit changes became so constant even flashbacks had people change into new outfits. I've figured Oda has been going overboard with different outfits for figures and stuff like Treasure Cruise. Don't think it is an editorial thing cause not a lot of the jump line up does near as many outfit changes as One Piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.