• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I like Juju more than I like Demon Slayer, but they both kinda missed me when it came to the hype. I think Juju is better when they aren't fighting.

Juju has Juju Stroll though, and I'm weak for omake of any sort. Even Tokyo Ghoul, a show I despise, has good omake.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Chapter 1,019: "Heliceratops".

In the Color Spread, the Straw Hat Pirates (with swimsuits and bikinis) are riding some whale sharks in the sea.

Chapter starts in the "Live Floor", where Queen is shooting Sanji multiple beams. Sanji avoids them while smiles, then he thinks that Franky would've wanted Queen's technology.

Dr. Miyagi is preparing an injection to give Zoro their secret medicine. Minks are going to stab Zoro really hard to get through the bandages Sanji did. Zoro is freaking out (maybe he's afraid of needles or injections?).

At the Hearts Pirates' submarine, Law's nakamas finished pumping water out of Luffy. They are wondering now what medicine they should give him. Suddenly, Luffy shouts.

Luffy: "Meatttt~~~!!!!"

Heart Pirates: "Ehhh!!?"

Cut now to right tower inside the "Skull Dome". We can see that the Gifters from Armored Division are fighting now against Sasaki's subordinates. They will help Franky while he fights against Sasaki in a 1 Vs. 1 battle.

Sasaki tells Franky that his robot is very tough, Franky returns the compliment by telling him that he too is tougher than he thought. Sasaki decides to change to his hybrid form.

Sasaki keeps Triceratops head but he recovers his mane. The top of his body is very similar to his body in human form (with tattoos, belly, long arms ...) but with dinosaur skin. And the bottom of his body keeps the hind legs and the tail of the animal form. He also has the V scar that Franky made on his stomach.

Sasaki draws his sword, it has some small blades along the sword that place now horizontally. Then the small blades begin to spin, causing the sword to transform into a kind of drill. The sword name is "Karakuri Rasentou" (Mechanical Spiral Sword).

Sasaki raises his head and looks up, suddenly the frill bone of his Triceratops head begins to rotate on his neck at high speed. This causes Sasaki starts to fly thanks to the fact that the frill bone acts like helicopter's propellers. Franky is amazed.

Franky: "How the hell a dinosaur manages to do something like that!!?"

Sasaki: "It's what Triceratops can normally do."

Sasaki uses a new attack called "Heliceratops" (ヘリケラトプス) to take care of the Gifters from Armored Division. He then attacks Franky with spinning frill bone and his sword. Franky deflects the attack with some problems.

Sasaki lands on the ground and stands in front of Franky Shougun, who is putting his sword away and preparing to protect himself. Sasaki is going to propel himself towards him at high speed thanks to his spinning frill bone, but he makes a mistake and instead of propelling himself forward, he does backwards. There is a silence, then Sasaki says that he did it intentionally to get a good distance for charging.

Sasaki charges at Franky Shougun with a new attack called "Tamaceratops" (弾丸ケラトプス - Bulletceratops). The attack is so strong that the rocket launchers on Franky Shougun's left shoulder explode. Franky Shougun grabs Sasaki and throws him using the attack "General Suplex" (将軍スープレックス), smashing him in the ground.

Franky notices that his blade leaves some wounds at Sasaki's belly so he thinks that part must be his weak point. Franky Shougun then takes out his "Franken" (フラン剣) sword and attacks Sasaki with "Shouri no V Flash" (勝利のⅤ(ブイ)フラッシュ). However, Sasaki manages to dodge it by flying into the sky.

Franky Shougun engage in swordfight with Sasaki. Franky is inexperienced with swordfights, so it's Sasaki who takes the lead and ends up breaking Franken sword.

Given the situation, Franky runs away to charge his next attack. Sasaki chases him and attacks him again with his "Tamaceratops". However, Franky finished charging in time to attack him earlier with "General Cannon" (将軍 砲). The attack hits Sasaki and blows him up into the air. Sasaki coughs up blood, but he still doesn't give up and counterattacks.

Sasaki flies down and crashes on Franky Shougun using a new attack called "Magnumceratops" (マグナムケラトプス). The impact is so powerful that Sasaki manages to destroy part of the Franky Shougun. However, Franky ejects himself out of the robot in time, catching Sasaki by surprise. Franky, lying on the ground, attacks Sasaki with his "Franky Radical Beam" that hits and pierces Sasaki's belly. Franky is exhausted, Sasaki falls to the ground with his eyes rolled and bleeding from his mouth...

Cut to the top of Onigashima's dome, Kaidou (in hybrid form) is fighting Yamato (we only see how they clash their kanabo in 1 panel). They talk while they fight.

Kaidou: "Yamato, I recognize you are a strong fighter!
Although I didn't plan for you to eat that Akuma no Mi that I obtained with great difficulty!!"

Yamato: "I ate the fruit because I was hungry!!
I wanted to go to sea, but because of this I am now unable to swim!!"

We can see part of Yamato's face in hybrid form. Yamato has a snout and sharp teeth.

Yamato: "I've tried to kill you countless times, but you've always defeated me!!
However, thanks to all those defeats, I've become stronger!!!"

Last page of the chapter, we finally see Yamato's hybrid form (is beautiful). In addition to the above, we see that Yamato has pointed long ears and two horns that come out of Yamato's forehead (they look the same from normal form but changed places). It seems that Yamato's body has hair, the hands are big and look like claws and the legs are like animal legs. We finally see fire around Yamato's body and hair (similar to the smoke that Luffy has around his body when he uses Gear 4), even some of that fire comes out of elbows and knees.

We don't know the exact name of Yamato's Akuma no Mi. Maybe is Byakko model or Kirin model (or another one). Yamato continues.

Yamato: "There's a reason that I didn't leave this place, other than that handcuff!!
If I don't fight for this country, I have no right to call myself "Oden"!!!"

End of the chapter, break next week (no Jump next week).

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I think Sasaki is down for good. No Yamato DF reveal. We'll have to wait at least two weeks to find out what it is. It sounds really cool though.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing a pre-New World reread, since I just did the New World stuff on my last go-through. Currently early in Water 7. Few thoughts:

-This is a lot better than most of the New World content.
-That said, the Davy Back Fight arc was really really really really really bad.
-I forgot just how unhinged Enel was during Skypiea. Dude was out there. Kind of crazy we never got a reason why he was the way he was.
-There's a lot of fakeout deaths here. Especially notable during Alabasta and Skypiea.
-The writing (or the Viz localization, at least) has this very old-school comics tone to it... people describing what the art is portraying. I actually quite like it. This is mostly gone by the arc I'm on, but early on, it was quite refreshing.
-Oda's already showing his chops on the big chaotic fights. Lot of very cool climaxes. I think that Skypiea feels the most like Onigashima out of most of the ones so far. Super OP final boss, way too many perspectives to keep track of easily, things fall into a bit of a muddle. But most of the other arc climaxes are just pure quality. Great stuff.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doing a pre-New World reread, since I just did the New World stuff on my last go-through. Currently early in Water 7. Few thoughts:

-This is a lot better than most of the New World content.
-That said, the Davy Back Fight arc was really really really really really bad.
-I forgot just how unhinged Enel was during Skypiea. Dude was out there. Kind of crazy we never got a reason why he was the way he was.
-There's a lot of fakeout deaths here. Especially notable during Alabasta and Skypiea.
-The writing (or the Viz localization, at least) has this very old-school comics tone to it... people describing what the art is portraying. I actually quite like it. This is mostly gone by the arc I'm on, but early on, it was quite refreshing.
-Oda's already showing his chops on the big chaotic fights. Lot of very cool climaxes. I think that Skypiea feels the most like Onigashima out of most of the ones so far. Super OP final boss, way too many perspectives to keep track of easily, things fall into a bit of a muddle. But most of the other arc climaxes are just pure quality. Great stuff.
One of the best moments in One Piece is when Enel gets hit by Luffy/ learns he's made of rubber after thinking no one could touch him.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it looks a lot less feline in the scans, more like a deer. Its clear now that he only has 2 horns and the fire things come out of his chest/shoulders and his elbows. Also that tail looks almost fox like to me.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it looks a lot less feline in the scans, more like a deer. Its clear now that he only has 2 horns and the fire things come out of his chest/shoulders and his elbows. Also that tail looks almost fox like to me.
It for sure doesn't look like byakko we can see so much of his skin and there are literally no stripes anywhere. I'd be surprised if Oda tries to sell this as a tiger(which I don't think he'll do).
Frankly it just looks very fox like to me. Especially the part that seems to be a bushy tail.
fennec-fox-desert-fox-or-vulpes-zerda-alert-beautiful-small-animal-picture-id1065241316

It does lack the whiskers though that said the claws I feel make it very undeerlike. Kaku had hooflike mitten hands in his hybrid.
It also has this guardian deity like smoke scarf thingy which I wasn't too clear about before.
Right now my feeling is definitely on some sort of fox associated fruit.

Guess I'm winning betting on Oda going against the two main expectations but still being wrong trying to find the outlier. That said guessing fruits that are super similar to what other characters already have is pretty darn hard.

Another guess that would be further out of artistic reinterpretation is maybe a kamaitachi. But again the lack of whiskers really throws me off.

Last edited:

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
It for sure doesn't look like byakko we can see so much of his skin and there are literally no stripes anywhere. I'd be surprised if Oda tries to sell this as a tiger(which I don't think he'll do).
Frankly it just looks very fox like to me. Especially the part that seems to be a bushy tail.
fennec-fox-desert-fox-or-vulpes-zerda-alert-beautiful-small-animal-picture-id1065241316

It does lack the whiskers though that said the claws I feel make it very undeerlike. Kaku had hooflike mitten hands in his hybrid.
It also has this guardian deity like smoke scarf thingy which I wasn't too clear about before.

Guess I'm winning betting on Oda going against the two main expectations but still being wrong trying to find the outlier. That said guessing fruits that are super similar to what other characters already have is pretty darn hard.

Another guess that would be further out of artistic reinterpretation is maybe a kamaitachi. But again the lack of whiskers really throws me off.

Yeah you are right it definitely looks more like a fox. I guess we'll have to wait until we either see more of the hybrid form or the regular zoan form is revealed.

Also, funny that not even the fan translated scans are out and people are already writing theses about why Yamato won't join based on this chapter xD

Guess now everytime Yamato appears on a chapter the discussion is always going to be same.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
lol I kind of hope that's not the end of Franky vs. Sasaki, their fight this chapter was hilarious.

And yeah that definitely ain't a tiger. Interested to learn what that actually is

Apzu

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil

Thanks to the antlers and the deer-like ears I was inclined to say kirin, but yeah the claws don't help with that. I'm not sure if we'll get a fox like fruit, as the most important mythical fox has already been used. But if we think about guardian-like creatures, there are the komainu, which sometimes are depicted as foxes in some temples.

Edit: But it would be nice if it was also a Wolpertinger. Oda has already used a Klabautermann, so germanic creatures are not that absurd...

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
If I had any skill in editing a gif or even any knowledge of Photoshop, I would take that gif of the Chaos guy saying Chaos and edit it so that the text says "PEROS" instead and edit some Carrot features onto him.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the antlers and the deer-like ears I was inclined to say kirin, but yeah the claws don't help with that. I'm not sure if we'll get a fox like fruit, as the most important mythical fox has already been used. But if we think about guardian-like creatures, there are the komainu, which sometimes are depicted as foxes in some temples.

Edit: But it would be nice if it was also a Wolpertinger. Oda has already used a Klabautermann, so germanic creatures are not that absurd...
You know what that feels in a weird way very Oda to me. Everyone is thinking that Yamato has to have a Japanese tied mythological Zoan but it actually could be from an entirely different origin but the aesthetic just plays into a degree of overlapping resemblance.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea what Yamato's DF is. It doesn't look like a byakko. I was thinking fox, but Devon already has the nine-tales fox fruit.

Oct 25, 2017
You know what that feels in a weird way very Oda to me. Everyone is thinking that Yamato has to have a Japanese tied mythological Zoan but it actually could be from an entirely different origin but the aesthetic just plays into a degree of overlapping resemblance.

He does like subverting things. Like with the Tobi Roppo, five of them are well known prehistoric beasts, but then Black Maria comes along as a Rosamygale Grauvogeli spider. Granted, people suspected she would be a Spider Zoan, but not a prehistoric one like that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Hey, what's up, FUCKER? Surprised to see me?

I made a thread about this years ago and I just remembered how funny these are to me, so I was wondering if there were any more Basically to spell it out, it's where you name your character something silly to get funny screenshots More all time classics: Post more examples if you have them

I love when these threads pop up

Law

Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.