• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is Ulti's Devil Fruit Power?

• Tyrannosaurus

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Triceratops

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sabertooth Tiger

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mastodon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pterodactyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonzord

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
my girlfriend doesn't want to watch nearly 1000 episodes of the anime, so i'm considering picking up the boxsets of the manga so she can finally get why one piece is as good as it is

I know this struggle but I eventually convinced her and now she's a big fan along with me

Team recap: If over half of the next chapter takes place in the past

Names:

TheTyrant

Team It's Over: If over half of the next chapter takes place within the current time frame. One note of clarification as the last pre recap bit we had was a bit screwy with a mini time skip in and of itself so if it deals with the current plot to depose Orochi and within the timeframe of the strawhats on Wano it is considered Team It's Over.

Names:

Cantaim

Whomever loses has to wear this as an avatar

cVe6FOY.png

Until the end of March.

Put me down for team Its Over, I'm sure this time!

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
Took a break from the series for around 2 months and i gotta say my god binge reading the whole oden flash back at once was amazing

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Keits What would your roster be for a One Piece Fighting game?

Something like this from an old fighting game thread I made?

www.resetera.com

What if Arcsys Works made a One Piece Fighting Game like Fighterz (long,lots of imgs)

Disclaimer: It was not just me who made this thread, Dale Copper deserves alot of the credit for making the thread and I did help him but he can't post a thread yet. Also thanks to AgentLampshade for creating UI for a One Piece fighting game thread when he just had the desire, it wasn't made...

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Actually I forgot to mention it to this thread but I picked up and read One Punch Man volume 19 a week ago.
Finally the pace has improved it doesn't feel like things are going at a crawl anymore. I'll attribute that to the manga reigning itself in and not devoting half it's pages for a single chapter. Now I will say it is clear that we are now in full force for Garo being the protagonist for the rest of this arc. The majority of chapters have been focusing on him for the last few volumes now. On that note I will say that this volume was a success at making it a tense romp with Garo in the Monster Lair. Things always looked dicey for him for the entire run. Also continuing the tradition of the last few chapters. Saitama and co are shoved into 1 chapter randomly in order to make sure that One Punch Man is at least in one of the chapters being sold.

Also as I've said for the last 3 volumes I've talked about here. This series is unrecognizable from it's beginning.

Oh and I do think its funny that it took One Punch Man less time to put out its next volume in the west then One Piece.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

What if Arcsys Works made a One Piece Fighting Game like Fighterz (long,lots of imgs)

Disclaimer: It was not just me who made this thread, Dale Copper deserves alot of the credit for making the thread and I did help him but he can't post a thread yet. Also thanks to AgentLampshade for creating UI for a One Piece fighting game thread when he just had the desire, it wasn't made...
I'm still pretty happy with that UI.

Yukari

Mar 28, 2018
Thailand
i really want to know what Kaido's tragic backstory is

also I predict that we will see Caesar Clown show up in Wano at some point Lotus

I mean He, Directly and Indirectly, Involved to the Dressrosa, Zou, and WCI. And on those arcs, The SHs need his power/knowledge to solve the problem.

So High Chance he will show up in Wano. Since he very super ties with Kaido.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Okay now that we're pretty far into Wano...

images

Who is this fucker?? Shiki with shorter hair? Cause everyone thought we would see this guy in Wano.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Nah Oda wouldn't put him there hiding his face and stuff and show him drinking with one of Roger's crew members when he's just a guy.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
picked up pirate warriors 3 on the cheap for christmas and with that and world seeker i'm good atm for one piece games. but when they put oden into 5 i'll be picking that one up fer sure

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL

www.resetera.com

I'd want to do it some episodic way, where it launches with East Blue characters, and then adds characters every few months from the next arcs. Publishers would hate this because it leaves out some of the most popular current characters until WAY later, but I think its the right way to do it. This includes adding addition versions of existing characters when it makes sense to do so (like letting you choose between Luffy and Gear2/3 Luffy, or Usopp and Dial Usopp and Sogeking, but you wouldn't be allowed to have two of the same person on a team).

Given full control and infinite resources, that is how I'd want to do it.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
I'd want to do it some episodic way, where it launches with East Blue characters, and then adds characters every few months from the next arcs. Publishers would hate this because it leaves out some of the most popular current characters until WAY later, but I think its the right way to do it. This includes adding addition versions of existing characters when it makes sense to do so (like letting you choose between Luffy and Gear2/3 Luffy, or Usopp and Dial Usopp and Sogeking, but you wouldn't be allowed to have two of the same person on a team).

Given full control and infinite resources, that is how I'd want to do it.
So seasons like Killer Instinct?

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
Well would Namco be a "better" publisher in this case compared to Microsoft?

Its not about that. KI characters were really complicated and had a ton of animations. The issue is reducing the cost/time it takes to make a single character. Just looking at the number of possible actions, in theory, an MvC3 or Smash character could be made in about 1/3rd the man-hours it took to make a KI character.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
service/episodic games feel like they would work really well as licensed products on consoles as they do as mobile/gacha games. it would feel way better to buy a hypothetical wano character pack for a fighter instead of hoping for some really nice .pngs

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Its not about that. KI characters were really complicated and had a ton of animations. The issue is reducing the cost/time it takes to make a single character. Just looking at the number of possible actions, in theory, an MvC3 or Smash character could be made in about 1/3rd the man-hours it took to make a KI character.
Why would Marvel characters been "simpler" than KI?

I get Smash and I assume no body has a harder time with creating characters and animations then 3D fighters like Tekken.

Status
Not open for further replies.