• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is Ulti's Devil Fruit Power?

• Tyrannosaurus

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Triceratops

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Sabertooth Tiger

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mastodon

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Pterodactyl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragonzord

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Remember that Blackbeard family was an old story element, who knows if Oda will use it.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was meant for Ace's cover page, but he probably didn't want to do that cause it would constrain his creativity with Blackbeard's story by providing a specific path to follow just for a gag lol.

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
I think he has Xebec's will, like Luffy has Roger's, and it could be Chimeraism... the hint that he doesn't sleep at high could show two personalities or something as well. But I still think evidence is good he has a Cerberus thing going on. He gave shanks that claw mark wound loooong before we ever saw him holding a wolverine claw weapon, so I assume Oda put that there after theories appeared as a misdirect. Multiple version of the hito hito no mi makes sense too. All the other zoans have various models.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I think he has Xebec's will, like Luffy has Roger's, and it could be Chimeraism... the hint that he doesn't sleep at high could show two personalities or something as well. But I still think evidence is good he has a Cerberus thing going on. He gave shanks that claw mark wound loooong before we ever saw him holding a wolverine claw weapon, so I assume Oda put that there after theories appeared as a misdirect. Multiple version of the hito hito no mi makes sense too. All the other zoans have various models.
Actually he used the claw weapon in his rookie days on Whitebeard's ship. It's in the flashback briefly, but it has a more prominent visual on the cover of Volume 96.

Either way there's a lot of weirdness about Blackbeard throughout the series. From Luffy and Zoro's comments in Jaya, to Ace's comments when he battled Blackbeard, etc. One minute Blackbeard acts like a coward, then all of a sudden he switches to an evil scumbag, lmao. I think there's definitely AT LEAST a duality going on with his personality.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The mysteries in One Piece are something I really love about it, you really don't get anything like it in other series.

Then when everything ties in together. *chef kiss*

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Usopp vs Perona is a really funny fight.
-----------------------

MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA

I don't know if someone made a mistake but the update schedule on MangaPlus now says that the next One Piece chapter comes out on March 8th, two Shonen Jump issues from now, rather than March 1st like the other series and like I'm pretty sure it used to say for OP. Viz's own chapter schedule doesn't include One Piece alongside the other series for the coming release either. Maybe a sudden break for the series. I hope not but this is weird. I guess we'll know for sure when leaks come this week. Hopefully Oda is in good health.

Though regardless of if the date is mistaken or not, also notable is how it says the chapter would come out at 12pm ET (or whatever your equivalent is) so pushed back one hour by daylight savings time unfortunately. So get ready for that too and expect chapters at that time starting next week I suppose.
Favorite Straw Hat Pirate - Robin
Favorite Non-Straw Hat Pirate/Outlaw - Mr 2
Favorite Marine - Aokiji but I guess he left, so Garp
Favorite Villain/Antagonist/Opponent (can be the same as one of the two above) - Blackbeard
Favorite Arc - Impel Down / Marineford, followed by Enies Lobby (its close)
Favorite Location - Whole Cake Island
Favorite Punch - Luffy Gear 2 Jet Bazooka to finish Blueno with that anime triple shot
Yooo nice punch!!
Multiple version of the hito hito no mi makes sense too. All the other zoans have various models.
We already know there are actually. Sengoku's fruit is a special model of that.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Blackbeard being multiple people kind of veers into that weird thing shonen do where they try to overdo story elements for twists and power ups. It's how you get protagonists who are suddenly the long lost son of the king of hell or reincarnations of ancient warriors when the beginning of the story was way simpler than that.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Normally I'd agree but there's something weird about Blackbeard. The way attacks damage him, his second DF ability, getting a good hit on Shanks, the weird way his master plan came together, the fact that he doesn't sleep.

Dude is weird.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018

MANGA Plus by SHUEISHA

I don't know if someone made a mistake but the update schedule on MangaPlus now says that the next One Piece chapter comes out on March 8th, two Shonen Jump issues from now, rather than March 1st like the other series and like I'm pretty sure it used to say for OP. Viz's own chapter schedule doesn't include One Piece alongside the other series for the coming release either. Maybe a sudden break for the series. I hope not but this is weird. I guess we'll know for sure when leaks come this week. Hopefully Oda is in good health.

Though regardless of if the date is mistaken or not, also notable is how it says the chapter would come out at 12pm ET (or whatever your equivalent is) so pushed back one hour by daylight savings time unfortunately. So get ready for that too and expect chapters at that time starting next week I suppose.
Nope, it's a mistake (and it's been there since the chapters dropped). And since Haikyuu is scheduled for March 1st but is actually on break, maybe they got confused between the 2 manga

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
we've already seen a variation of the Hito Hito no Mi in Sengoku (model Buddha), so it's possible for sure

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The mysteries in One Piece are something I really love about it, you really don't get anything like it in other series.

Then when everything ties in together. *chef kiss*

Only series I read where no matter what arc you're in, you got like 30+ things minimum to look forward to, or even entire arcs (Like Wano back when WCI was still ongoing)

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
My only fear is that Oda will rush out all of the big mystery reveals right towards the end back-to-back without any breaks lmao.

It would be great for hype moments though.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
at the end of the chapter on Viz it says next chapter hits march 1st
Which is why it's weird it wouldn't be on their schedule like all the other series.
When a series goes on break suddenly, they don't change the end of the previous chapter (see end of Dr. Stone 134 and the actual release date for 135), they'd just change the schedule itself.
(Though the Viz schedule says the next MHA chapter is ch. 27 so it's clearly not bulletproof)

Last edited:

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why it's weird it wouldn't be on their schedule like all the other series.
When a series goes on break suddenly, they don't change the end of the previous chapter (see end of Dr. Stone 134 and the actual release date for 135), they'd just change the schedule itself.
hm, idk then

although i wouldn't necessarily mind if the break was this week instead of next week.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I still say Blackbeard's thing is as simple as cannibalism. It doesn't count as a second devil fruit if you eat someone's flesh before their fruit re-manifests out of their dead body (eating Whitebeard while he's still warm), just like how Big Mom got Carmel's power. He's just the only one of his crew to have a fruit so far.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I still say Blackbeard's thing is as simple as cannibalism. It doesn't count as a second devil fruit if you eat someone's flesh before their fruit re-manifests out of their dead body (eating Whitebeard while he's still warm), just like how Big Mom got Carmel's power. He's just the only one of his crew to have a fruit so far.
That would mean Big Mom could eat a Second DF if she wanted

Keits

Designer at Iron Galaxy Studios
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Orlando, FL
Actually he used the claw weapon in his rookie days on Whitebeard's ship. It's in the flashback briefly, but it has a more prominent visual on the cover of Volume 96.

I'm pretty sure the claw never appeared in the manga until after Shanks had revealed he got the scar from Blackbeard. So yes, in the story he used it as a teen, but as far as the order of reveals to the reader, it was after.

We already know there are actually. Sengoku's fruit is a special model of that.

Oh yeah totally forgot this was a Hito Hito model!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean Marco outright pointed out that he has an atypical body. Which is further shown recently with him being incapable of sleeping.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
I mean Marco outright pointed out that he has an atypical body. Which is further shown recently with him being incapable of sleeping.

True, we've never squared away what the deal is there.

Him being multiple people in one could also have been foreshadowed by Trebol actually being a small guy with a big head living in a body made of his own snot, too.

God this series is weird.

cubotauro

Aug 28, 2019
Right, Blackbeard's mistery is not how he managed to "take" Whitebeard's Devil fruit, but how he manages to "keep" more than one Devil fruit in his body without negative consequences.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe having two devil fruits is killing him, just really slowly and "the unusual body" thing is him willing himself to keep going.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
yYeuRlr.png
[

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Theres also that bit of dialogue from Ace where he mentions that Teach has lived "twice as long" which was translated by the official scans as "been around a very long time." What's notable about that scene is that One Piece GREEN datebook actually specifically points it out as a point of interest related to Blackbeard's true nature.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I've always assumed that scene was referring to the Blackbeard Pirates. But it's like how could Luffy and Zoro even know about their crew being on Jaya?! For people that wronged his brother Luffy was sure casual with his encounters with Doc Q and even Teach.

Then later on Luffy straight up finds out the weird man he met on Jaya was actually Blackbeard in Impel Down.

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
Has marco always been the doc or was that just introduced when he talked to Neko?

Because I remember at marineford when ace got fisted and luffy and the wb pirates called for a doc some random noname came from the backrows even though marco was standing there watching on the front row

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Has marco always been the doc or was that just introduced when he talked to Neko?

Because I remember at marineford when ace got fisted and luffy and the wb pirates called for a doc some random noname came from the backrows even though marco was standing there watching on the front row

Only introduced in 907

Oct 26, 2017
Teach's backstory is my second most anticipated flashback after Roger's.

Although, I'm starting to doubt we'll get a Roger focused backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.