• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Favorite Zoan fruit part 1

• Ushi Ushi no mi(Bison

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ushi Ushi no mi (Giraffe

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Tori Tori no mi(falcon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tori Tori no mi(Phoenix

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Neko Neko no mi(leopard

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Zou Zou no mi(elephant

• Ryu Ryu no mi(Allosarus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, between the two, time travel is the more controversial route, and he handled that flawlessly by limiting to it to only being able to go into the future.

Huh? Viola? Pudding? Those Wano women all lining up to eat his soba?
I guess you're right but it's not the same as like, super hero fans

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big Mom having amnesia is going to be fun. I do wish we knew what the hell is going on with Luffy. I get the feeling something might've happened.

Oct 27, 2017
I CALL DIBS ON THE EVENTUAL IN-COLOUR VERSION OF THAT CLOSEUP OF SANJI IN THE RAID SUIT BACK OFF Y'ALL

that shit was fuckin hype I'm in love with it and Robin getting jumped has me shook as fuuuuck and Big Mom got amnesia what the fuck this chapter was so damn good

YO MY MAN HASN'T EBEN USED A NAMED ATTACK YET!? AND HES SMACKING AROUND PAGE ONE

BRUH

Can't believe Chopper was planning to merk mama in her sleep damn

Oct 27, 2017
I just have to saw, I love Law. In any other manga he'd be an edgelord, but he continues to prove how corny/goofy he is despite his appearance and the front he puts up. The fact he's a Germa show fanboy just adds to it

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Not really feeling Sanji's Germa look or the invisibility power, but Franky and Ussop will make it better. At least it wasn't yellow like I thought.

Next time Sanji fans....next time...

Law knowing everything about it was an amazing piece of characterization though lol

Orochi's ninja squard are dope and this Big Mom development has potential. Overall good chapter that was over too quick

Last edited:

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
In this week's Kyoshiro Watch: Page One, a Tobi Roppo Headliner, refers to him as "Boss Kyoshiro".

Also I just realized Usopp, Law, and Franky will meet up with Zoro. Dammit, Oda continues to have Sanji miss out on opportunities to see Zoro again.

Can't believe Chopper was planning to merk mama in her sleep damn

"Just pretend she's Kaido" is a very interesting line...

Big Mom having amnesia is going to be fun. I do wish we knew what the hell is going on with Luffy. I get the feeling something might've happened.

This is why I love that he's imprisoned, already been 3 chapters since we've seen him at all. Everyone else gets much needed focus, to the point where we can start to miss him too lol

Next time Sanji fans....next time...

tenor.gif

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of asshole do you have to be to have a tattoo of your name on yourself?

Ace level asshole. At least Page 1 spelled his name right first try

oh my god oh my god oh my god Sanji is going to have a role reversal isn't he. he's going to go from girls not caring about him at all to girls caring about him all the time because of how cool he is oh my god oh my god hahahhahah please please let this be the case

He was like that initially but got worse

Considering he just got the power of invisibility, which he declared he wanted so he could peep on women in the bathroom, I don't think he's getting better here lol

Firelight

Dec 14, 2018
Robin getting jumped by all those ninja got me spooked but it would be such a good time to actually have her do something. She could try and choke them all out at once or something.

Also bless up little chopper saying hes gonna kill big mom lul.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to everyone's reaction when Chopper comes back to base riding on top of Big Mom who's convinced she's a different person

Oct 27, 2017
In this week's Kyoshiro Watch: Page One, a Tobi Roppo Headliner, refers to him as "Boss Kyoshiro".

Also I just realized Usopp, Law, and Franky will meet up with Zoro. Dammit, Oda continues to have Sanji miss out on opportunities to see Zoro again.

Yeah Oda got sumn cooking for those two

"Just pretend she's Kaido" is a very interesting line...

I MISSED THAT BRUH WHAT, that's kinda outta nowhere and too ominous to be completely throwaway right? Does it have something to do with Franky's weapon I wonder?

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't Napoleon fill her in? Can Homies lose their memories? Where's her crew? I have so many questions!

Jktpnymonorel

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
I bet mom's amnesia is 100% red herring.

dont think Oda is stupid enough to have mom help the alliance to beat kaido.
.......or if it does happen I can picture blackbeard joining kaido lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I MISSED THAT BRUH WHAT, that's kinda outta nowhere and too ominous to be completely throwaway right? Does it have something to do with Franky's weapon I wonder?

I meant more that I find it intriguing that Chopper has to picture Big Mom, a woman who already tried to kill them multiple times, as Kaido, in order to justify attempting to kill her. Just seems to be a subtle nod towards the likelihood the possibility of her ending up being neutral towards them. Or looked at another way, it subtly acknowledges that Kaido is an antagonist that genuinely warrants being defeated/killed due to his hold over Wano, while with Big Mom it's a lot more nuanced since people willingly choose to live with her in a territory that she made herself.

Couldn't Napoleon fill her in?/QUOTE]

Maybe, but he looks just as out of it right now.

Not sure how that's stupid, unless you specifically mean a scenario where she's helping them because they're besties or something. Then yea, that'd feel weird. IMO, you didn't need this chapter to see that there's a good chance of them clashing at least once.

Retro!

Oct 25, 2017
I bet mom's amnesia is 100% red herring.

.......or if it does happen I can picture blackbeard joining kaido lol

Idk I half expected something like that. Not this specifically but Big Mom isn't the target here and I expected her presence in this arc to be a force to be manipulated to cause a bunch of damage vs an actual antagonistic role

Let's see where it goes

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok there is one thing I always wanted to know.. are the vinsmokes older than they seem? Or how were there comic strips about the powers of the vinsmokes when Law was young..

Or did previous vinsmokes also used suits as them with the same codenames? But that would mean that Judge probably didn't invent the suits

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok there is one thing I always wanted to know.. are the vinsmokes older than they seem? Or how were there comic strips about the powers of the vinsmokes when Law was young..

Or did previous vinsmokes also used suits as them with the same codenames? But that would mean that Judge probably didn't invent the suits

Has to be that the raid suits didn't start with Judge's generation.

Dec 28, 2018
Sanji looking mighty slick in his raid suit. And while the fight was brief I liked it because seeing Sanji styling on that fool put a smile on my face. Most interesting thing to me was that Chopper was considering killing Big Mom. Though I don't why he needed to envision her as kaidou, I mean she's done plenty of terrible stuff so I thought that was a bit odd. But this whole amnesia thing with Big Mom can lead to some real interesting shenanigans later on and I'm curious to see how Oda handles it. Also Oda I beg you please let Robin beat those ninjas. Would be disappointing is she ends up getting captured. Great chapter overall.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
If Prometheus is with the crew then they have a way to find her.

Also the highest ranking member in charge of the crew is now Smoothie ... oh boy

The last thing you see regarding Page One is him screaming in pain in the distance, so ehh.....

He was screaming too when Sanji gave him the first hit, im still confident that he will be in the fight next week.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Well, the "let's ask them to modify this later on" settles it, if there was any doubt or hope this wasn't permanent. I'm incredibly disappointed in this progression for the reasons I stated in the spoilers (basically, I see this as cheap and as being out of nowhere and of character as he's got ZERO merit or link to the suit's actual creation).

As a temporary thing would be cool, like Nightmare Luffy, but not more than that.

The Cape is used as a shield, but the meat is in the invisibility. So I don't know what Oda's gonna do beyond a change in hairstyle and hopefully the boots. It all comes down to how much he wants to keep Sanji "clean". For all we know, he might only want to keep the invisibility thing. But why would he ditch the extra-protection granted by the suit?

This is really, really turning me off the manga man, as stupid and petty as it is. The only decision I recall by Oda (Sanji's Fishman Island embarrassment and women's treatment aside) that genuinely makes me sad. Oh, well.

The BM thing I don't love as a trope (and she has been a bit mistreated for a while, the poor thing), but it could lead to very interesting things with Chopper there. Also, Pudding could play a part later on if she doesn't regain her memories on her own.

All in all, fun chapter. Also, early chapter next week it seems.

Last edited:

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Law knowing everything about it was an amazing piece of characterization though lol
It reminds me of Edgeworth fanboying about the Steel Samurai with a straight face.
Ace level asshole. At least Page 1 spelled his name right first try
Forreal, I laughed IRL at this.
Couldn't Napoleon fill her in? Can Homies lose their memories?
Considering that he's made with her soul and thus is especially attuned with her, it wouldn't be weird that he lost his memories too when she did.

Commenting the chapter:
Sanji explicitly putting the safety of others ahead of his pride from the get-go definitely addresses my concerns about his nonchalance over using the suit.
I'm also content to be right in expecting it to be black instad of yellow.
The suit looks good but please get rid of the new haircut, the glasses and those hideous boots. At least it's implied Franky and Usopp will fix it into something more appropriate.
The fact that it has the invisibility power he always pined over is pretty convenient but also ironic (as pointed out), maybe Judge knew of his childhood wish and decided to grant it?
O-Soba Mask and Sogeking tag team please.

The ninjas look pretty good

Big Mom having an amnesia is not something I complain about, I'm actually pretty interested of the possibilities from there, with Chopper maybe grooming her better than Carmel and Streusen did.
Also for the joy of Lotus I still stand for her being at Elbaf too.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the suit looks cool but on the same time off... I hope the redesign later will be more "plain" and that Sanji won't focus on the suit alone in the future but on his own fighting style and physical powers.

Do not hope that they won't make him some laser spamming Ironman

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I just had the thought that Sanji's future improvements as a fighter could come as mainly caused by Franky's tampering of the suit and now that's fucking depressing.

It's even more depressing seeing that I'm clearly the only one here (hell, in most other places too) bothered by it, let alone the only one hating it with a passion. Goddamnit.

Page One's hybrid form is a great design btw. Wonder what other dinos we'll see.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean the suit really isn't that much of a buff to be honest nor is it something Sanji really is out to use as evidenced by what he said at the start.

It doesn't increase his strength in any capacity. His kicks are still his kicks.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the durable thing was also really strange. Not that Sanji pre skip wasn't durable enough to take Zoan attacks or something.

Now Oda makes him a glass canon of some sort. Even if we have Haki and especially Hardening.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I just had the thought that Sanji's future improvements as a fighter could come as mainly caused by Franky's tampering of the suit and now that's fucking depressing.

It's even more depressing seeing that I'm clearly the only one here (hell, in most other places too) bothered by it, let alone the only one hating it with a passion. Goddamnit.

Page One's hybrid form is a great design btw. Wonder what other dinos we'll see.

Nah some people on AP also really hate it .
Truthfully i really don't see the big deal as Sanji going to use his fighting style with it .
With some adjustment it would suit him rather good .

Well the durable thing was also really strange. Not that Sanji pre skip wasn't durable enough to take Zoan attacks or something.

Now Oda makes him a glass canon of some sort. Even if we have Haki and especially Hardening.

Sanji was never someone like luffy or zoro that used to hold a huge amount of damage .
He was also never in the super strong physical tier like them also but he could hold his own.
I just see this as Oda showing that Page one is up there in terms of physical power and above Sanji in that aspect .

Last edited:

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

Vergo cracked his leg bone not long ago, and i fully expect Page One raw strength to be on par with that. Sanji commenting on the suit enhanced durability makes sense to me.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Nah some people on AP also really hate it .
Truthfully i really don't see the big deal as Sanji going to use his fighting style with it .
With some adjustment it would suit him rather good .
Nice to hear that! Lol.

The redesign thing could go many ways indeed, so I'll wait some more.

My biggest hopes right now is him getting a RS that looks mostly like his regular, smart suits: so, ditch the cape, the boots and all of the Germa-like details (the "3", the skeleton -I could see him getting a SH jolly roger but I don't like that either-, etc).

Honestly, were he to look mostly the same and only keep a key feature of the suit like invisibility, I wouldn't be so pissed, but that's not happening. And he ain't ditching the cape and stuff like that considering him noting their advantages this chapter. I guess they could always make it more integrated within a suit.

I don't think I'll ever get used to Power Ranger Sanji.

Vergo cracked his leg bone not long ago, and i fully expect Page One raw strength to be on par with that. Sanji commenting on the suit enhanced durability makes sense to me.
While that's true, he was (and Oda was careful in pointing it out) injured thanks to Nami tanking shit in his body. And there were better venues for him to improve upon that by Hardening and the like and not through such a, imo, cheap and sudden device.

As in, Sanji has never be as tanky as Luffy or Zoro, but him struggling and using his raw strength and speed to defeat enemies was something I always liked.

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will wait for the redesign and see if it looks better on Sanji.

But how can he be invisible with Diable Jambe on his leg?

Further more now that he has invisibility he might use Okama Kenpo LOL

Kishido

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually can see Zoro mocking him or something using it and the women

A: Will be annoyed by it like by Franky and his stuff
B: Awaken CoO because of this to smack Sanji around if the tries to spy on them

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, the "let's ask them to modify this later on" settles it, if there was any doubt or hope this wasn't permanent. I'm incredibly disappointed in this progression for the reasons I stated in the spoilers (basically, I see this as cheap and as being out of nowhere and of character as he's got ZERO merit or link to the suit's actual creation).
That's bullshit. Sanji earned the suit. He chose to be the bigger man and save his family, even so they abused him as a child. He had no interest in all of his family achivments and riches for years. The technology his birth right, but he refused to obtain it and became a better person without it.

He has earned it through his kind heart and that's the core of Sanji's character.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yay Oda give Sanji exactly what he wanted to be even more of a peeping asshole. Also of course Big Mom the only emperor who is also a woman...just loses her memories.

/s

Oct 25, 2017
The cover page was sweet.

The suit looks cool but Sanji excited over speed boosters and levitators when he is already fast as fuck and can Sky Walk seemed silly. It is more the shield and invisibility that helps a lot.

Either way, I think the brief scrap was handled perfectly. P1 was fine after taking direct hits and he sent Sanji flying despite him blocking with his kick. Sanji was not phased much after being sent flying and he is speed blitzing P1. Good, good.

I look forward to Franky and Ussop's changes. I end up liking Law more and more as the series goes on too lol.

Big Mama and the memory loss....On one hand, she is again being sidelined with an ailment just so things around her can progress (otherwise she would wreck absolute havoc), but this is also unexpected and creates potential for exciting possibilities. Who would have guessed that Chopper would he dealing with a memory wiped Big Mama when Wano started? I just like how different it is. I will definitely keep an open mind with it going forward.

Pretty good chapter overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.