• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I just read memory alpha, and apparently there are numerous Dyson spheres in the trek universe.

They really, really don't understand the scale of things at all.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but even they hit the syndication reset button a lot. Especially in the earlier seasons. I mean Quark should be rotting in a Bajorian prison before the first season is out.
Bajorans let him off on technicalities a LOT, even when weapons dealing, because he always had a favor to trade.

It's not that Odo wasn't *trying*.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a one off, but I don't recall them ever mentioning the Galactic Barrier outside of TOS.

I would think an undetectable, near impenetrable force field that surrounds the galaxy and prevents anyone from leaving would be important in a post Voyager show, where all the quadrants are known and they are looking to explore farther out.

They go past the Milky Way in TNG to the edges of the universe where apparently thoughts can manifest in reality but regardless they haven't even fully explored the Alpha quadrant at the end of Voyager much less the Delta quandrant that Voyager made a bee line through.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't a one off, but I don't recall them ever mentioning the Galactic Barrier outside of TOS.

I would think an undetectable, near impenetrable force field that surrounds the galaxy and prevents anyone from leaving would be important in a post Voyager show, where all the quadrants are known and they are looking to explore farther out.
That is handled in the Q triliogy of novels. It isn't too keep folks in, it is to keep a being out. Q's mentor who encouraged his wild ways.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favorite things is when Picard receives that intact artifact from an archeology friend. Only 1 remains in the galaxy or whatever.

He's so humbled and honored to receive this gift and will cherish it forever.

Then at the end of Generations, he's going through the wreckage of his ready room, picks up that very statue and practically tosses it aside when he finds his photo album.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I got quite a few from my viewing of TNG and up to season four of DS9:

TNG
- The cryogenic humans thawed out and what they did afterwards
- The origins of the parasites in "Conspiracy"

DS9
- What happened after "Past Tense Part 1 & 2." They seriously could have a spinoff series with that alone and have it lead up to the founding of United Federation of Planets (sorta of Caprica of Star Trek lore).
- Odo when he's first discovered and 'his early years'
- Kira and her days in a resistance cell

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I got quite a few from my viewing of TNG and up to season four of DS9:

TNG
- The cryogenic humans thawed out and what they did afterwards
The lady works at the Bureau of Temporal Investigations helping people lost in time adjust to the current era. I am not even joking. The Boseman(the starfleet ship from the timeloop ep) is the official flagship of the Bureau.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
The lady works at the Bureau of Temporal Investigations helping people lost in time adjust to the current era. I am not even joking. The Boseman(the starfleet ship from the timeloop ep) is the official flagship of the Bureau.

I could see a show that's some sort of weird Sliders meet Control in space with that.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
This is the thing I want to see the least ever in a future incarnation of Star Trek, Vger or the machine planet it was built on. sometimes an air of mystery and the unknown is better than anything any writer could follow up with.
True. I think TMP gave us just enough backstory on V'Ger to make it interesting without ruining it.

Side note - as time has gone on I've grown to think Star Trek TMP is a really under rated movie.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
tos-squireofgothos5.jpg
I wouldn't mind seeing the squire of golthos again.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Always found the Dwoud fascinating. Would love it if another one of their race showed up.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Garak prequel before he ended up on DS9 showing his role and life in the Obsidian Order as a spy/assassin.
I would watch the hell out of this.

Though I guess I'd miss the banter with Bashir. Maybe they could come up with a substitute though, which would explain Garak's fondness years later...

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018
Garak prequel before he ended up on DS9 showing his role and life in the Obsidian Order as a spy/assassin.

The Garak memoir novel "A Stitch in Time" is one of the few (only?) Trek novels I don't regret reading. The whole thing is framed as a letter to Dr. Bashir after the events of DS9.

Most of the novel follow-ups mentioned in this thread sound awful.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the V'ger and Whale probe stuff was never explained. It would never live up to the mystery.

The Conspiracy aliens from Season 1 of TNG, on the other hand, absolutely should be revisited.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I want to know what Pulaski has been up to since she left the Enterprise.

Amnesty

Nov 7, 2017
Yeah, suddenly it's just a 1950s show about racism in America and there's no sign whatsoever it's related to DS9 or Star Trek at all. lol
That would be cool though, a show about a struggling black sci-fi writer in the 50s living through bad times and trying to hold onto an optimistic vision of the future. Basically the episode but extended and developed further.
Whatever happened to Prof. Moriarty and his lady friend on their digital space adventure? They were basically playing their own next gen VR version of No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous.
They're next to

the Data sim that Picard pulled the plug on in the last episode of the recent series

sitting in an unused drawer at the vineyard.

But the biggest one off that isn't really a one off that Star Trek has dropped the ball on is the stuff with The Doctor's nascent struggle for holographic rights which has been completely abandoned in contemporary ST to the point that it's ridiculous and holo characters are back to being the goofy servants that you can shut off on command. It's dumb because it makes it seem like when Voyager got back and everybody got to see the Doctor and who he was they were like 'nah'.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
That would be cool though, a show about a struggling black sci-fi writer in the 50s living through bad times and trying to hold onto an optimistic vision of the future. Basically the episode but extended and developed further.
I'm sure people would have been so mad. lol
It's like Behr's original idea to have the final shot of the show be Benny Hill walking off the set of DS9, a show he was able to make after successfully selling his story, being ditched in favour of the more traditional one we got.

But the biggest one off that isn't really a one off that Star Trek has dropped the ball on is the stuff with The Doctor's nascent struggle for holographic rights which has been completely abandoned in contemporary ST to the point that it's ridiculous and holo characters are back to being the goofy servants that you can shut off on command. It's dumb because it makes it seem like when Voyager got back and everybody got to see the Doctor and who he was they were like 'nah'.
Yeah, Picard ignoring the holo doc stuff (somehow that's not real AI I guess) was very strange.
But also come to think of it, the Federation ended up going with holo slaves after their ban on androids anyway, based on Discovery.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
They are a decent read some parts are a bit incredulous and fan servicey at times but I enjoyed reading them.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The story of the regular shuttle pilots. The guys who have to do all the slow transit from the exploratory ships

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
The story of the regular shuttle pilots. The guys who have to do all the slow transit from the exploratory ships
Fun fact the Star Fleet Corp of Engineer's ships don't have holodecks, they have little holo cubbies that are used to design shit.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder how advanced the people are on the planet from 'Blink of an Eye'. Also the Doctor has a son in this episode and it's never mentioned again.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm one of the only people I know who actually liked it.

It's one of those incredulous moments I mentioned. But I thought it was kind of interesting and enjoyable.
I liked it. The borg going, "you know what? That is all i can stand cause i can't stands no more" and just go HAM was awesome

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I wonder what happened to the brunette girl from Nova Squadron. We know what happened to the rest of the team, except her. Wesley dropped out of the Academy. The Bajoran girl died trying to smuggle the Cardassian spy back to his people. Tom Paris ended up on Voyager. We don't know what happened to her.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if that one weird planet with the naked people have executed any more people for stepping on flowers

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Then aliens with space magic snap their fingers and no more borg with a "Our bad"
Yup. Loved it. I actually really like Steven's reaction to the whole thing.

I wonder what happened to the brunette girl from Nova Squadron. We know what happened to the rest of the team, except her. Wesley dropped out of the Academy. The Bajoran girl died trying to smuggle the Cardassian spy back to his people. Tom Paris ended up on Voyager. We don't know what happened to her.
Tom Paris is actually not the same character, that would have required paying royalties to the original writer every week.

The Bajoran was actually suppose to survive the episode originally but they changed it last minute.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Remember at one point Tom Paris was suppose to get a borg arm?