• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't Jubilation also in X-Men 2 or something? Like she was in a pit or something with a bunch of other mutants. I could also be thinking about Piotr.
I went to school with the X1 Jubes, you see her in the classroom of x1.
Then shows up in the pit in X2, I don't remember where you see her in Last Stand.

So yeah, they've had three different Jubilees, three different actresses.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I went to school with the X1 Jubes, you see her in the classroom of x1.
Then shows up in the pit in X2, I don't remember where you see her in Last Stand.

So yeah, they've had three different Jubilees, three different actresses.
That's it. I remember being annoyed. I hated Singer's X-Men movies from day one.

NazoNazoXLR

Dec 20, 2019
I think the best way to describe it is that the X-Men movies treated everyone except Wolverine, Beast, Xavier, Magneto, and Mystique the way that the MCU movies treated Hawkeye

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
According to Fox-Men, these are the same guy:

Bolivar-Trask.jpg

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Bro, Mag's other henchman is Red Lotus.....Like who the hell was throwing darts at the wall to pick a dude who's so obscure he never got his powers defined

Wasn't he only in that one Claremont story that made Saturnyne the White Queen with Viper has her Princess? Where Storm's team was called the XSE?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Theres literally no shared characterization between her and her comic namesake. Just power set.

Even the powerset was off. Before the movies Rogue absorbed your powers and knocked you out. She didn't drain your life force and possibly kill you.

Unless you she held you too long like Ms Marvel or were young like the first boy she kissed (His name was FREDDY BTW as written by Ann Nocenti in Classic X-Men #44) you would be fine after her power wore off.

Also Rogue bleaches her hair.

Edit Actually I even reread the B Story in Classic X-Men #44 and she only knocks him out for a minute.

Also forgot she gets all your memories and skills in that time too.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
also movie rogue was missing her classic ability of having such low standards that she'd peg gambit, and instead had such low standards she had a thing with noted homosexual iceman

Macam

Nov 8, 2018
Well, the movies in general are terrible — they couldn't even get the main characters right — so the fact that they would just throw random (bad) cameos was par for the course.

We'll never get a decent X-Men movie.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What upcoming movies challenge this? Black Widow is a prequel. Eternals is mostly set off world and doesn't tie into much on earth it seems. Shang-Chi is likely going to be pretty disconnected in a lot of ways, though you could slip some hints in there if you wanted to lay groundwork. It isn't until Dr Strange that you even begin to have to acknowledge this new mutant issue.
Eternals is set mostly on Earth actually and not off world and is expected to have a story that spans 10s of thousands of Earth's history. I won't be surprised if there's some connections to mutants and Inhumans in there.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
X-Men needs a full TV series with lots of seasons to show all characters and stories. A high quality series can be so popular and don't know why they don't make it.
And alongside that, they can make single character movies (with 3,4 characters in second roles) like Logan.

Wasn't Jubilation also in X-Men 2 or something? Like she was in a pit or something with a bunch of other mutants. I could also be thinking about Piotr.
We had 3 Jubilees and 3 Kitty Prydes in X-Men movies!

yy9f_1.jpg

5dfb_2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
X-Men needs a full TV series with lots of seasons to show all characters and stories. A high quality series can be so popular and don't know why they don't make it.
And alongside that, they can make single character movies (with 3,4 characters in second roles) like Logan.

yy9f_1.jpg

5dfb_2.jpg
I know it is just the pics, but they all look as frustrated as fans

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam

yy9f_1.jpg

5dfb_2.jpg

Im glad for streaming wars and Disney+ now a thing. Soon we dont have to limit 3 Marvel movies a years, soon we will have Marvel for every month.

Of course Xmen series will be coming. But Kevin Feige is too power and everything has to go through him and his obsessing planning. I'm sure hes furiously working on his 10 or 20-years plan right now. I guess the soonest we see Xmen is in 3 years from now after Young Avengers.

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Im glad for streaming wars and Disney+ now a thing. Soon we dont have to limit 3 Marvel movies a years, soon we will have Marvel for every month.

Of course Xmen series will be coming. But Kevin Feige is too power and everything has to go through him and his obsessing planning. I'm sure hes furiously working on his 10 or 20-years plan right now. I guess the soonest we see Xmen is in 3 years from now after Young Avengers.
I like your idea about TV series and movies together and it's the best thing they can do for X-Men. A TV series to introduce lots of characters and showing them in hours and hours of small/medium arcs, and then some movies with important characters for big arcs.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
If you told me in 1995 that 4 X-Men movies in a row would have Mystique as a central protagonist, I would had laughed at you.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Oh yeah, making her a major protagonist of the reboot was weird as heck. I still don't understand why Trask wanted her so badly in Days of Future Past - surely you would've used Rogue or Darwin, someone who can absorb the powers of others or at least adapt to them? Why would you want a shapeshifter that doesn't even gain the powers of whoever she turns into?
Because they nailed an Oscar-winning actress before she was an Oscar-winning actress.
I hated how her makeup became more and more "just blue paint":

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because they nailed an Oscar-winning actress before she was an Oscar-winning actress.
I hated how her makeup became more and more "just blue paint".

I mean from a storytelling perspective, it doesn't make sense for Trask to want Mystique anyway.

It would've been much better if the Sentinels in the future timeline used Rogue's genetic code to absorb the powers of mutants they kill, with each Sentinel having access to the same "database" of stored powers so they can use the one most appropriate for their current target.

Then perhaps Trask, in the 70s, could've been looking into a way to transfer the powers of mutants into his Sentinels so they could adapt to them on the fly, with his prototype Sentinels possessing the same mutant power that Darwin had.

Imagine how hype it would have been for a Sentinel in the 70s to go up against Magneto and change its entire atomic structure from metal to, say, diamond so that his powers would no longer work on it.

Wouldn't that have been much cooler than Magneto taking over the Sentinels?

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Reading through this thread makes me want to go back to sleep. Too many bad memories.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
One of my biggest issues with the series. No character continuity and throwing away major characters to fit a tiny plot point or joke.

Marvel Studios will fix this.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
What the next X-Men movies need to do is to make it more of an ensemble cast. There was too much focus on certain characters.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Does X3 Angel count? He was hyped as fucked, shows up in for about 30 seconds and then....shows up for 30 seconds again, and that's it
ouz8mkunm6xeslygoamubcjay.jpg

to be fair i liked some of his few scenes. His scene at the start where hes a kid chopping of his wings is kinda haunting.

But then X3 just had to shove the mutant cure and dark phoenix into one storyline. Baffling

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
This thread has opened up old wounds I thought that healed. It's not even that I was emotionally attached to obscure mutants that were used as little more than a cameo of a mutant power and then discarded, but they were emblematic of how practically all the characters were similarly mishandled and wasted.

I'm so glad that Fox X-Men is finally over.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Emma Frost was egregious, how'd they take the HBIC of the X-Men and demote her to lackey is insulting.

And of course there's Darwin where I cannot even begin to go into how awful everything surrounding him was

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
And this guy is listed as Kid Omega in the credits?
latest

Which is probably a mistake, but it just shows you how little they cared about the property or characters. They just filled the movie with a bunch of "whatever, we'll figure out who they're supposed to be later."

This did end up being a typo, apparently.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Emma Frost was egregious, how'd they take the HBIC of the X-Men and demote her to lackey is insulting.
I think it would have been okay as the starting point of her character, after all did she start out as Shaw's white queen, but for some reason dfop unceremoniously killed most of the first class cast

Last edited:

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
The only characters in the MCU films that felt as wasted as the average X-Men film franchise character were Quicksilver and Strucker in Age of Ultron.