• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Independence Day is the only answer

c8a1b2232eea6a2084402637a4626d2e.jpg

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Braveheart

William Wallace: We all end up dead, it's just a question of how and why. Every man dies, not every man really lives.I am William Wallace! And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men… and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?

Veteran: Fight? Against that? No! We will run. And we will live.

William Wallace: Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live… at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take… OUR FREEDOM!

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is every reply in this thread not Theoden's "DEATH!" speech. Da fuck?

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

and the glengarry speech from Alec Baldwin, almost stealing the movie somehow from one of the greatest ensemble casts ever filmed

NSFW Language

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Glengarry is the correct answer.

Unless you go with the other acceptable answer of Pacino in Any Given Sunday.

These kind of performances are alway so mind-blowing to me.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Came into this thread to be grumpy and bring up Network as a counterpoint to whatever speech was in the OP.

Feeling some kind of mix between relief and satisfaction now.

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

man_of_culture_as_well.jpg

I love that Ned Beatty speech. I keep wanting to memorize it for auditions, but it's way too long. Here's my contribution. Trivia: Robert Shaw was so drunk during the first take of this that he begged Spielberg to let him reshoot it.

That's a great monologue but now when I see it all I can think of is the parody with Charlie from it's always Sunny.

I never get enough of that part in a few good men.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
From the movie Network (1976).

youtu.be

Ned Beatty's NETWORK speech-by Paddy Chayefsky

As true now as it was in 1976.

The American flag at the end is not from the movie, added by the person who uploaded the clip.

Any monologues or speeches in movies that you consider a must see?

this band implements the speech from Network beautifully. it takes a second to come in but give it a listen, it gives me goosebumps every time

EDIT: oh you posted another speech, well this is the other one where he's on air, i've actaully never seen the movie, wasn't aware of the one you posted

"I want you....to stand up now...."

I get goosebumps everytime.

"I'm a human being god damnit! My life has value!"

this is the speech i was referring to, check out the video above, it puts that speech in their and it's pretty dope. very motivating stuff

OP
OP

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

and the glengarry speech from Alec Baldwin, almost stealing the movie somehow from one of the greatest ensemble casts ever filmed

NSFW Language

The problem with the Alec Baldwin speech in that movie is I've forgotten most of the rest of the movie. Don't know if it's just that good or the rest is forgettable.

Good4Squat

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

This ones from a tv-show so I guess it doesn't technically count. But it was the first one I thought of.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Al Pacino's speech at the end of "Scent of a Woman" is unforgettable.