• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember all the ReOpen *insert state name here* protests? Well, it has just been reported that one of the founders of the ReOpen Maryland protest group has stated he has COVD-19:

www.nbcnews.com

A leader of protests to reopen Maryland says he is ill with COVID-19

"I had to go to the emergency room. I thought I was actually having a stroke, but it turns out I have COVID," Tim Walters said.

One of the founders of ReOpen Maryland, a movement that pressured that state's governor to end his stay-at-home order, said he is ill with COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

Tim Walters revealed his diagnosis in a series of Facebook videos starting Tuesday, according to the Capital Gazette. Some of the videos appear to have been deleted.

In a Facebook Live video on Thursday, Walters gave an update on his health and said he had experienced chills the day before and his fever spiked at 103. He eventually had to go to the emergency room.

"I told you guys I wasn't feeling really well. I crashed later in the day, I had to go to the emergency room. I thought I was actually having a stroke but it turns out I have COVID," he said. "Here we are at the end of June and I get it. It really doesn't make sense.

Walters said his wife and son were being tested for the virus. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In another video on Friday, he said he was feeling better and cautioned people to be careful.

"If you think you had it ... don't make that assumption to the point where you're being less prudent about how you're behaving," he said. "The challenge with this, all the symptoms for everybody are completely different."

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
"Here we are at the end of June and I get it. It really doesn't make sense."

There's not a sigh big enough.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
"REOPEN THE STATE, THIS IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND COVID ISNT AS BAD AS THEY SAY IT IS"
*gets sick with covid-19, feels like he is dying*
"Everyone take care of yourself, this is serious!"

As usual, these people dont believe the warnings until they need to be rushed to the hospital. I'm just so tired of the ignorance and stupidity.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That image in the article... some dumbass with a god bless our nurses and doctors sign and she has a shirt saying to reopen Maryland without a mask on. How dumb are these people

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
At the very least, he seems to be somewhat more remorseful that the other idiots, but still, an idiot.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He will not help with contact tracing:

nypost.com

ReOpen Maryland co-founder catches coronavirus, won’t help contact tracers

The leader of a group that fought against Maryland’s coronavirus lockdown measures is now seriously sick from the contagion.

Walters, a two-time Republican candidate for the General Assembly, warned friends to keep an eye on possible symptoms — but insisted he would not help official contact tracers, according to Capital Gazette.

"I will not share anybody's information with the government. I will not do it," he said in other since-deleted videos, according to Capital Gazette.

"I did the right thing and contacted everyone I could think of that I had contact with … I don't know what more the Government could do," he later told Wrongthink Radio. "It isn't my business to give other people's information to the government."

Despite how sick he felt, he said it "hasn't changed" his views against the lockdowns.

"In the end, I think everyone is going to get it, anyway," he told the Daily Record.

"I knew this was a possibility and I got sick. OK, I'm going to take accountability for it," he told the paper.

Walters also insisted it has not changed his view on masks, saying "there's too much proof that masks don't work."

"They're not really going to do anything," he told the Daily Record, insisting he has "no idea" how or when he got sick.

Calling the contagion "capricious," he also called it Satan's attempt to "stifle my voice."

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Complete fucking idiot. Fuck him. He's so stupid leopards eating my face doesn't even apply to him because he's still refusing to admit there's an issue

"there's too much proof that masks don't work", complete clown.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Literally too dumb to admit he was wrong.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He used to be just a selfish asshole. Now he is a sick selfish asshole. Nothing was learned.

He seems to not have gotten any education:

Walters also insisted it has not changed his view on masks, saying "there's too much proof that masks don't work."

"They're not really going to do anything," he told the Daily Record, insisting he has "no idea" how or when he got sick.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He can get covid again after he recovered, so I hope he win that prize in a month or two.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
s75JpKvIMasIgVYWTU74-iurG7CRSWteEG9gyfELsyk.jpg

Every damn time.

gillian03

Oct 28, 2017
Witnessing others suffer through Covid seemed like a good way to learn.

Suffering through Covid would also seem like a good way to learn.

Nothing was learned.

As an American, I'll echo what the whole world thinks of us. Americans are entitled idiots.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this loser. He put other peoples lives at risk and valuable medical resources were wasted on treating him.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
It won't matter until they are on a ventilator and then see the hospital bill a month later.

Assuming they don't die.

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Very few things anger me more these days than a casual offhand "everyone's gonna get it anyway" when asked politely to cooperate with preventative measures against the spread of the virus.

Fuck you. My sister is immunocompromised.
Fuck you. My niece is just two weeks old.
Lastly, my beloved grandmother is 90 yrs old with breast cancer. We've come to terms with how limited our time left with her is and trying to make the most of it.

And those motherfuckers saying this kinda shit are just smugly telling me they don't want to waste a single iota of effort to lessen the danger to their lives?!

So one last time for finality. Fuck you, I hope you suffer and then burn in hell for eternity.
Sorry for the rant.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
It's totally fine. Lack of empathy seems to be a contributing factor to leading someone to join the GOP.

"Oh, I could be nice, but at this moment? At this moment I'm going to be ignorant."
"Oh, I could be nice, but at this moment? At this moment I'm going to be racist."
"Oh, I could be nice, but at this moment? At this moment I'm going to be xenophobic."

Etc.