• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SkoomaBlade

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Bush League Hockey has a one handed control scheme meant for playing while holding a beer.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you still have an XB1 either Kinect, Fru is ace. But you kinda still need your other arm I suppose.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Bush League Hockey has a one handed control scheme meant for playing while holding a beer.
Yup, this and Golf With Your Friends are constants in my crew's game night rotation because you can play them with one hand free to drink or consume other legal in my country substances. Should suit your purposes well.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
Papers Please, One Finger Death Punch, 80 Days, Civ V, Disco Elysium, Plants vs Zombies.

Also, now's your chance to try some classic point and click adventures if you've never played them:
Monkey Island 1&2, Indy & The Fate of Atlantis, Broken Sword, Day of the Tentacle and a new old one Thimbleweed Park.

Also Minesweeper!

OP
OP
smisk

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
How bad did you break your arm? I've broken both of mine over the course of my it neither cast I had to wear impaired my gaming habits.

Supposedly not too bad -fractured the ulna but it remained in place. But its really painful to move my right arm rn and my hand is too swollen to do much anyway. Should be all healed in 6-8 weekd.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call. Last I checked its like $10 on Amazon.

I also suggest getting Nine Hours, NINE persons, Nine Doors on DS, and Danganronpa on PC.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Supposedly not too bad -fractured the ulna but it remained in place. But its really painful to move my right arm rn and my hand is too swollen to do much anyway. Should be all healed in 6-8 weekd.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!
Ah, I gotcha, it sounds like your breaks were worse than mine then. Hope you heal fast! As for some suggestions, you could always maybe play some older 16 but turn based RPGs on an emulator? They're not dextrous and you'd probably easily be able to play them one handed.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Are you on PC? There are plenty of games you can play perfectly fine with your mouse only. Card games like Slay the Spire or a more traditional TCG, games like civilization etc.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
Mobile games are mostly made to be played one handed.

Ace Attorney? Threes? The Room?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
perfect1.jpg

Pick up one of these bad boys if you've got a Wii and enjoy some House of the Dead: Overkill. And when your hand heals up use your spare hand to drink beer.

783014-house_of_the_dead__overkill_nintendo_wiiscreenshots15522overkill_hospital2_311008.jpg

house-of-the-dead-overkill-lost-reels-1.jpg

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most mainline Suikoden games can be played with one hand, left or right. The controller configuration is mirrored on both sides. I think only Suikoden 4 doesn't have that.

Seventy5

Mar 14, 2020
Kingdom: New Lands and Kingdom: Rwo Crowns are excellent games and both can be played one handed with a controller or keyboard.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Used this back in the day for PS1 RPGs. works good if you don't have to mess with the camera.

s-l640.jpg

JankyNedelko

Oct 15, 2020
The Netherlands
Gen III Pokémon on GBA had the 'L=A' control option. Good for one-handed gaming. Don't remember if the other generations on DS and onwards have the same option. Never bothered to look, lol

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
If your fingers are all free then you could play any switch game with split joycons?
Or if not, switch lets you remap buttons in any configuration so you could probably find a lot of games that can be configured to work with one half
of a controller. Fire Emblem 3 houses, Xcom 2, Pokemon, Dragon Quest 11 I guess.... probably most turn based games

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It definitely takes time to get used to, but once it does it just kind of clicks. Now, I really need to remember to make a disclaimer when I talk about Surviving Mars:

Base game? It's OK
With the terraforming expansion? It's fantastic.

The game sucked 100+ hours from my life and quickly became my "one more turn" game as of late.
Cool. I'll stick to it for a bit longer then.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Cool. I'll stick to it for a bit longer then.
For your first colony, I highly recommend starting in a mild place with no meteors or freezes. Those can fuck you over hardcore if you're not prepared. And don't rush to make your first dome. Pick power supplies that can be easily repaired with materials on hand (like metals).

Using solar panels and turning off non-pertinent equipment at night (like extractors) is a great way to start.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Grindstone is on Apple Arcade and only needs one hand. Don't know about the Switch version, but assuming it has touch controls it's probably one handed too.

Also pretty much every VN only needs a mouse.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
For your first colony, I highly recommend starting in a mild place with no meteors or freezes. Those can fuck you over hardcore if you're not prepared. And don't rush to make your first dome. Pick power supplies that can be easily repaired with materials on hand (like metals).

Using solar panels and turning off non-pertinent equipment at night (like extractors) is a great way to start.
Lol I better start a new game then. Not a big deal since I'm not that far in.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
If you're playin on PC there are tons of games you can play on PC. Divinity OS games come to mind first.