• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Broke my right arm on Saturday, put a dent in my gaming plans over holiday vacation. Any suggestions for good games to play one handed? Was already playing Day of the Tentacle which should be fine, and I can play Trackmania pretty decently by putting brake/gas on the left trigger and bumper. Might look into some CCGs.

Strandr

Oct 12, 2019
Persona 4 Golden for PC has great keyboard controls that make it one handed
I played the whole thing one handed when it came out

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
This is going to my final plug for this FTP game. Literally just need WASD or arrow keys and you're good to go:

TagPro Capture the Flag

TagPro is a free-to-play online multiplayer capture the flag video game with servers in North America, Europe, and Australia that runs through all mainstream browsers!

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Earthbound can be played almost entirely with a control pad/stick and the left trigger

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Suikoden 1 and 2 can be played entirely with your left hand. L1 and L2 function as alternative buttons.

Manatron

Feb 6, 2018
I don't know why this one stood out in my mind, but Dragon Quest 8 on PS2 had a one handed control scheme. It seems like they also kept that for the mobile port.

It's a little old, but DQ8 is one of my favorite RPGS.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I've been getting into Planescape: Torment recently, I'm pretty sure you can play that game exclusively with the mouse. Well. I do, at least. Can't be bothered to learn the keyboard hotkeys.

Reigns and Reigns: Her Majesty are two good ones. If you can use Tinder, you can play the Reigns games. They're on mobile and PC. Planescape: Torment is only on PC, as far as I know.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasteland 3...I imagine you can play mouse only, anyway. I played on a controller, but even that seems doable one handed as combat is turn based.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
You can technically play Rust without doing anything other than barking orders at people.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Most mobile games.

-Super Mario Run
-DBZ Dokkan Battle (as well as other gacha games)
-Pokemon GO

Then on PC, I'd recommend One Finger Death Punch.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think Dragon Quest XI may be playable with one hand cause L2 can be used to confirm instead of X.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i remember when I got my wisdom teeth out and had to ice my face for like 2 whole days I played through almost all of paper mario ttyd with one hand

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I think uc4 has a one handed mode? Or at least it's playable with one hand as a friend who has suffered a stroke which resulted in loss of mobility in his left side was very pleased about it and loves the game for it.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
How bad did you break your arm? I've broken both of mine over the course of my it neither cast I had to wear impaired my gaming habits.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Trackmania is definitely a really good pick. There's obviously plenty of great puzzle and strategy games that only need a mouse, but I personally stan for Mini Metro. Simple, elegant, easy to learn, and hard to master.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
How is that game? I got it recently, but I'm finding myself pretty overwhelmed by the number of tutorials and subsystems. The UI seems very unintuitive for some reason.
It definitely takes time to get used to, but once it does it just kind of clicks. Now, I really need to remember to make a disclaimer when I talk about Surviving Mars:

Base game? It's OK
With the terraforming expansion? It's fantastic.

The game sucked 100+ hours from my life and quickly became my "one more turn" game as of late.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Gothic 1. The control scheme is somewhat irregular for an WRPG but it also happens to work extremely well with just one hand on the keyboard.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Divinity Original Sin, Shadow Tactics and Desperados III

Oh, and it might be a good time to get into VNs, you can start with either Zero Escape or Ace Attorney