• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

On which platform do you spend the most time gaming?

• Console

Votes: 786 52.8%
  • PC

Votes: 682 45.8%
  • Mobile (Android/iOS)

Votes: 20 1.3%

• Total voters

Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
Washington
Console.

If I wanted my PC to be able to play modern games, let alone have them look "PC good", I'd have to build or buy an entirely new rig. Motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, cooling system, the works. Thousands of dollars.

Or I can spend $500 on a PS5 next year and be good to go. Big bulky desktops are the opposite of the future.

You can buy a PS5 then buy a PS5 pro a year later for another $500.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
95% PC right now, especially with Gamepass.

The results right now are very deceiving, and are only close because the overwhelming majority of the forum (tens of thousands) aren't going to vote. I hope no one comes out of this thinking Era is almost 50% PC gamers.

I mean, isn't that how samples work?

Unless you're saying it's biased and PC gamers are disproportionately more likely to vote in this thread. I guess that could be possible considering how, to put it generously, "proud" (lol) they are of being PC players.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
It's probably closer this last year than usual. Online games are PC: Overwatch, Siege, Deceit, Dead by Daylight. Most single player games are console... so some weeks it's one, and some weeks it's the other.

GhostofWar

Apr 5, 2019

Unless you're saying it's biased and PC gamers are disproportionately more likely to vote in this thread. I guess that could be possible considering how, to put it generously, "proud" (lol) they are of being PC players.

Does that mean console players don't vote because they are ashamed of being console players?

Dec 15, 2017
PC only. Don't see myself buying any console unless Sony offers ps3 and PS4 bc out of the box and an improved VR solution.

Total Cereal

Oct 28, 2017
I went from console last gen to PC near the end of that gen, then back to console in the middle of this gen. Console just suites my needs more and I have no desire to go back to PC.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Console.

If I wanted my PC to be able to play modern games, let alone have them look "PC good", I'd have to build or buy an entirely new rig. Motherboard, CPU, RAM, graphics card, cooling system, the works. Thousands of dollars.

Or I can spend $500 on a PS5 next year and be good to go. Big bulky desktops are the opposite of the future.
You saying "thousands" (plural) shows that you're out of touch with PC gaming.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Voted console, as that has been the vast majority of my play the last few years. Just last weekend I bought a new gaming laptop so I'm just getting back into PC gaming, though, and if my current positive vibes continue, then PC is where I'll be at for a while going forward.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

Our undercover takeover of Era is proceeding as planned.

72nd.gif

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
While I'm a PC gamer at heart, I do also play on consoles as well. Currently, I juggle between PC, PS4, 3DS and the Switch. Yes, "X" button on controllers is always a nightmare when I switch between a different platform.

SalTea

Sep 19, 2019
Primarily on my switch for the handheld feature. I'll play whatever I can't get on my switch on PC.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Since I used to hang on Steam/GOG forums mostly to coming here I had little doubt in my mind this was a console heavy forum. I almost feel out of place recommending PC titles sometimes because post after post people are talking about titles on consoles :p

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I play on PC and console fairly evenly, and have for since the early '90s, but I'd say console just slightly more, so put my vote in for that.

Sartho

Jan 9, 2018
PC and Switch for me. I'd like to get a ps4 for the exclusives, but I might wait for the ps5.

Drelkag

Oct 25, 2017
PC, don't even have a console.

I always thought Era leaned majority console - looks like it's much closer.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
I play a lot more on consoles lately, i only have the Switch and it's cool to play on bed before going to sleep.

Maybe during summer vacation i'll get back to Pc gaming.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Console (Xbox One X). I generally play on PC (8700K+GTX1080) for like... "re-plays" after I already beat it on console or when I'm just messing around with a game to kill time sometimes.