• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
I played this

maxresdefault.jpg

in one of these

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nintendo 64. The very first games I remember playing are Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, and Star Fox 64 back when I was like 5.

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
Honestly shocked and pleased to have found Apple 2 on here. That was mine - Mario Bros. on an Apple //e my mom brought home from her school!

maxresdefault.jpg

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The real answer is I don't actually know. The first dedicated gaming system I had was a GBA and I almost certainly owned some PC games before that (voted Windows in the poll), but I also was introduced to games at my cousin's and other places when I was young and I couldn't give you a chronology of all that stuff and at the time didn't have the awareness to know what systems any of those games were on (some I know in retrospect because I now know what games released for what systems, but I still couldn't tell you when exactly I first played any of those games and there's probably gaming experiences from back then that I don't remember).

There wasn't an exact moment when games entered my life. They were always around, even if they were only at the edges of my awareness for a while

Oct 27, 2017
Era really is a den of gaming boomers.

Either game boy or genesis for me, got a game boy roughly at the same time my cousins had a genesis.

Croash

Oct 27, 2017
I got a PlayStation when I was 5.

Played on a Nintendo 64 when I was 6.

Discovered the SNES when I was 7.

Took me a while to realise video games had various generations. Once I got the PS2 at 9 in 2001 I think it all clicked. Didn't make Street Fighter 2 any less fun than Tekken 3.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
now this is tough for me cause I know I remember SEEing atari being played when I was about 3 but I can't remember If i TOUCHED the controller at all...

Also I'm sure I had one of those space ships that hooked up to the VCR games.... but I'm not positive if that was before or after I tried NES.

BUT NES and mario... and short order are probably my earliest confirmed gaming memories

chromatic9

Oct 25, 2017
My dad had arcades at home in the early 80s so it was that from 2-3 years old.

Really difficult to remember what was next, there was various home computers and funny consoles like binatone and intellivision type stuff that other families had and also popular were dedicated handhelds.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
The Sega Master System ! It was Alex Kidd but I barely played it.

Got so much mileage out of the other games my parents bought, thanks to the cartridge adapter on the Game Gear. Barely played any games on that one and kept on playing my old Master System games for years in "portable" mode lol

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Where my 9 other Gameboy Advance folks at?

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I don't really remember. The first that made a lasting impression was the C64 I believe. But I definitely played one of those first generation consoles which had a bunch of embedded "sports games". I think that was my first contact with video games at about 9 yo or something.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
My first was A Bug's Life for PS1 in 1999. Not a very good one to start with, but my second game was Spyro 2 so I guess it worked out pretty well.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I can't remember exactly but I think it was the Sega Master System. I have distinct memories of playing Alex the Kid over and over.

Eeek

Nov 3, 2018
I think it was Solitaire or Minesweeper or something like that so I voted Windows.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Dunno. We've had a Genesis, PS1, PS2, and N64 around when I first started playing video games. Can't really recall the first game.

Ctrl Alt Del

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
MS-DOS.

The first game I believe was an adventure from the early 90s I can't remember much of (including what it was called). I remember a hotel setting and you having you character cross-dress as woman to elude some bad guys. Anyone knows what I'm talking about?

It might have also been Wolfenstein 3D.

Oct 29, 2017
I played Pong at home with my older sister. It was kind of a stand-alone system. We also had an Atari 2600 back in the day.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
2600... shit fucking sucked (well, yar's revenge was fun)

wasn't til SMB1 on NES i really understood what this 'games' thing is about

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I believe it was the SNES but it honestly could've been the 64, Game Boy, or arcade. Mostly stuff from before my time. My god though, Era is so old, ya buncha gaming boomers