• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
ZX Spectrum baby! Still got my original computer boxed. No idea if the thing works anymore, I tend to emulate Spectrum stuff these days to avoid those tape loads.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Vote button doesn't work here... anyway, arcade
220px-Space_Invaders_flyer%2C_1978.jpg

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars the arcade game from the 1980's with the Death Star trench run. I was 4? We were at Showbiz Pizza (like Chuck-E-Cheese's). There was no way I was reaching the controls without my dad but I had to play. I loved Star Wars.

Shortly thereafter, a cousin got the Atari 2600 and the Empire Strikes Back cartridge... honestly it wasn't as good as that arcade experience.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Exactly the same as OP - Atari 2600, combat

My godmother also had a intellivision and I remember being obsessed with the cards you slid into the controller for each game. I can't remember any games I actually played in it though

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
The earliest clear memory I have is of the ZX81, but I know I played on some pong-like multi-game system around the same time, I just have no clue exactly what it was.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Star Wars the arcade game from the 1980's with the Death Star trench run. I was 4? We were at Showbiz Pizza (like Chuck-E-Cheese's). There was no way I was reaching the controls without my dad but I had to play. I loved Star Wars.

Shortly thereafter, a cousin got the Atari 2600 and the Empire Strikes Back cartridge... honestly it wasn't as good as that arcade experience.

Dads were wonderful back then. Mine lifted me up to play space invaders :)
Now, they look at their mobile and give you the tablet.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible it might've been some home computer thingy that my Pop brought home from work. I remember playing Bad Street Brawler early on, but I'm pretty sure it was a 2600. I remember Barnstorming specifically and thinking hitting the birds or whatever was funny and Berzerk! the loud noise that came out when you touched a wall scared me.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in shock as it dawned on me that I don't actually remember. I can't remember with certainty what the first game I ever played was. 😯

Oct 26, 2017
Super Mario All-Stars on the SNES in the hospital at likely 1993. It's one of the reasons I'm a Nintendo fan to this day. :)

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
My first game was Sesame Street Letter-Go-Round on Commodore 64. Good times

It makes me happy to see the Texas Instruments 99/4A represented on the poll even if no one has picked it yet

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Sega Genesis

We used the Sega Channel thing, and those are some of my earliest memories really. I remember playing Bomberman, Flicky, Pac-Man, Sonic, and some other stuff.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Voted Commodore 64 but technically it was the Commodore 128. 8-bit computer contrary to what later gaming naming conventions might lead you to believe!

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
2600 or Intellivision. Can't remember exactly which was was first. The first I truly played and understood was NES, though. I was too young to play the others appropriately.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Atari 2600. Surprised so many of us voted it.

My first and one of my favorite games to this day was River Raid.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Was likely an Atari if I remember correctly, though I was born in '90. Had a SNES for my fifth birthday though so that was the first one I actually owned myself.