• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I would like to personally thank Bungie for having Destiny being part of my life all these years. Despite its up and downs, there have not been any multiplayer game this gen that made such an impact for me that Destiny did.

Thank you for Destiny and I look forward to Shadowkeep and the future beyond :)

Destiny-Logo-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

MrBrawl96

Oct 27, 2017
Fucking fantastic game. Name me any other series that started off with such ugly reception and still continued on for 5 more years.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe its been 5 years since Peter Dinklage said "Eyes up Guardian" to me in the Cosmodrome.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
An incredibly special multiplayer game. Taking down Oryx for the first time is still one of my fav gaming memories.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
first game i ever returned
#memories

came back to it once taken king was released

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I was there day one baby

And boy was the game just awful. I usually have good judgment for games I'll like but yeah Destiny truly was an "I fucked up, there goes $60" moment. Think I only played for three days or so before dropping it.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I got the White PS4 bundle.

But then sold it in the first few months of 2015 due to financial troubles. Destiny for the first month or so was super fun, but they didn't iron things out yet for the postgame.

A lot has happened and I am interested to get back into things with Destiny 2 with the "soft reboot" later this year as I call it. Glad Destiny is still here 👍🏾

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Thousands of hours into the franchise, I can say without a doubt that D1 and as of recently D2 are my favorite games ever. I've made friends - people I legitimately consider friends - and had so many fun/great moments I can't even begin to count them.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I played it for a couple hours that day and thought it was boring. Was pretty disappointed as a Bungie fan coming off the Halo trilogy. I gave it a couple other shots that year and still didn't like it and never touched it again.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Zavalas voice: Indeed.

Best multiplayer game I ever played, with one of the best lores in sci fi period.

My favorite Destiny memory made me cry, to be honest.

Whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the Cabal on Mars. So let's get to taking out their command, one by one. Valus Ta'aurc. From what I can gather, he commands the Siege Dancers from an Imperial Land Tank just outside of Rubicon. He's well protected, but with the right team, we can punch through those defenses, take this beast out, and break their grip on Freehold.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Haha these shitposters tryna swerve in like "man this game sucked after 3 days I took it back" and coming back SIX YEARS LATER to mention it

L

L

L

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
That first month was amazing, so many people playing it. Early gen glory days.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Im right there with you OP, this is by far the most engaged in an online-centered game I've ever been in my life. I put over a 1000h in D1 alone, and while I wasnt invested as much in 2, I still played quite a bit

Those early days were chaotic but still great as a community bonding process. I've made so many friends because of this game, and even got my first jobs in game's media pretty much because of it. Despite all the shit that I've talked about it through the years (cuz oh boy this game had issues) it will always be a game I cherish a lot

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Fill of great memories man, will never for my first Raid.

Still contemplating if it's worth it to jump back in now (stopped at LL 330 I believe) or just wait for D3? Clan has probably kicked and everything by now lol.

Good times though man

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A game I played for about 200 hours in just over the first 2 weeks, heavily impacting my sleep schedule among other things. A gameplay that, to this day, is one of the FPS formulas that offers the most satisfaction. A non-existent storyline and a disappointing campaign where on day 2 I was already grinding side activities and whatnot to level up faster. A joke of an endgame at launch, where you'd get a whopping 1 (or 3 if you cared to level up more characters) chance to gain further ground in an RNG system. An incredible raid that I still think of to this fondly as one of the most memorable online shooter experiences I've ever had, up there with my first forays into the genre with Unreal and Unreal Tournament or my first win in a battle royale game. Bungie trying to squeeze more money from dedicated fans at every turn while actively hampering their progress when they tried to level up a little bit faster than the game's stupidly limited progress system. A lovely community where I met tons of great people. The starter of the shitty trend of using cursor-based menus on console. A low effort multiplayer (imho) with horrid netcode. For better or worse, an inspiration for most shooters and online games since.

A lot of things I loved and hated about that initial product, which was probably my harshest gaming addictions (I don't think I've put that many hours in so little time into any other game). I left when I opened my eyes on the fact it's just a mindless grind without nothing going for it anymore. I went back to the game a couple months later, but I turned it off in seconds, as I was almost feeling sick from the thought of doing those motions again. I will probably play Destiny 2's campaign when it goes F2P, hoping that I don't find myself addicted again. Destiny is my favourite game to hate. I love having spent so much time on it and at the same time I hate it. To this day the game isn't what it should have been pre-launch, but in some ways it's more than that. It's one conflicting memory for me for sure, but the game's influence and importance in gaming history is undeniable. I like to think about how long I would have been addicted had the game launched with enough content, considering how much I stayed on it as is.

Such a weird ride. If they revolutionize the formula for a Destiny 3, I might be back on board. Who knows?

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Game of the generation for me, obviously.

I've put in nearly 4200 hours between Destiny 1 and Destiny 2.

Thank you Bungie and the entire Destiny community for being such a major part of my life <3

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game was a disappointment and shallow for the most part. Bungie hasn't recovered in my eyes since.

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I played it for like an hour on my ps4 and never again. Never was an interesting game.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Atheon
Crota
Oryx
Aksis
Calus
Argos
Val Ca'uor
Riven
Insurrection Prime
Gahlran

Ten names. Ten names of foes I've grinded into dust. I await whatever faces me in the Black Garden.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite universe and "everyday" game I had the grace to play in the last decade.
Only started with Destiny 2 but thanks Bungie for the amazing universe you brought to us.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
It's a special game that continues to be special to this day. Both the original and 2 had and continue to have unparalleled designs and moments you can not find anywhere else.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I remember what a shit show that was. People were furious about the content and rightfully so.
But I admit they turned it around once Vault of Glass was unleashed.

BeaconofTruth

Dec 30, 2017
And said game was rubbish. Such a mind numbing gameplay loop. Can't beliebe they followed up Halo with that

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Really glad Activision planned it like th... Wait, what? They split up?

Really glad Activision planned it like this, yeah.

Twonny

Dec 12, 2018
I've never played the game, but at the time of the release, I was working at an alternative high school and like half of the student population didn't attend class.

I was laughing, but the rest of the staff were furious.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Favorite game of the generation for me

Playing VoG with my real life friends who mainly play 2K and Madden was a truly amazing experience

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
I was there, and I very much enjoyed the launch! It was truly a magical time. I played through the campaign with friends, replayed many strikes and then moved on to other games until the The Taken King.

Since I was never invested to stick around for endgame content, I was always highly entertained with all Destiny games and expansions.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Have really fond memories of the first 2 years of Destiny 1, it felt very much like old school MMO days. I kinda drifted away from the game after Destiny 2 though, it felt like i needed to be grouped and organized a lot more. It seems even more that way now, but I'm trying stadia out at launch so may as well see whats up with D2 then

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I was there Day 1 at launch, so much fun playing solo or with friends. I loved the crucible too, had a blast there.

And the gunplay is fucking amazing.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
I want to play Destiny 2 but i like to play games in order, you know for the story, so is it worth it to play Destiny 1 now or should i skip it and play 2?

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I want to play Destiny 2 but i like to play games in order, you know for the story, so is it worth it to play Destiny 1 now or should i skip it and play 2?
There are A LOT of important story embedded deep into the endgame in Destiny 1, simply playing the campaign won't give you the full picture, just watch a recap on Youtube.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
wish they had matchmaking for heroics and nightfalls at launch, but the first month was fun till I moved on

best feeling shooter

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish the story was more substantial and we had greater enemy variety.

And space/vehicle battles!

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Was there day one and sold the game a month later. Too much of a time sink for me. Rebought when TTK launched and fell in love. Destiny was my daily game for a long time. Nowadays I almost just play Destiny 2.

kreepmode

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Destiny Day

I was leaving my parents house last week and came to an intersection that led out of the neighborhood. Looked to my right and there was a father pushing a stroller, with a toddler holding his hand. He was wearing the Bungie Foundation Nepal t-shirt from when they raised over a million for charity for the earthquake back in 2018. I smiled and drove away, but later I wish I had rolled down my window and said, "Eyes up guardian!".

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I had picked up Destiny on day 1 and played it a bit but it didn't seem remarkable to me yet, and I stopped a few hours in. It wasn't until The Taken King when the rubber hit the road and I really got into Destiny. Been amazing ever since.