• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Truer every year:

qE331ln.jpg

Ryu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a 33 year old this year (in about one week) it's kind of weird watching the rest of my generation turning into the old people that yell at clouds in real time. I figured I'd have at least another decade or so before then.

Even if this thread got bumped, I wouldn't have seen this comment otherwise. Just made my day lol
And yes, it's true

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
That's cool there are plenty of gems from that era. People need to stop gatekeeping or getting hung up on any particular era

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It was the era right before social media and smartphones really became ubiquitous, which I think began in 2013. Also before streaming

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Where have you 90s kids been....?
I'm 29 (1990) and have been enjoying 90s nostalgia since 2010/2011....

Do you not remember those Facebook posts for 90s nostalgia? C'mon now.

...think about it. 80s nostalgia has been rolling imo since the Transformers movie (2007).

Question: Who grew up with the internet, 80s or 90s kids?

Older generations profess their nostalgia on their preferred form of media outlets.

Old gen: Tv shows/Movies
New Gen: Internet

So if you weren't on social media during 2010-2017 you missed the 90s wave my friends.

Age 35 in 2019 - Borderline Gen X
Age 25 in 2019 - Borderline Gen Z
Age 30 in 2019 - Sweet spot 😏

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Nostalgia is different in this time than, say, 40 years ago. So much is organized and available on the internet that all generations can find their niche, and young kids can easily watch Star Trek from the 1960s if they happen to stumble on it.

I think the idea of generational nostalgia is going to be quite different going forward than from generations prior to around 2000-2010.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Demon's and Dark Souls came out in that era, so how bad could it be?

There's something I'm nostalgic for from every era, I think.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me that I missed the train on 90s nostalgia, and I'm so very glad.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
a while back at an after work thing, they did a Mario Kart switch tourney and I was beaten soundly by a young coworker who said, "I've been playing this since I was a little kid," which i found out was MK on the Wii.

there will always be some form of nostalgia and always be writers trying to be the one to spot a trend or to be the first to say it's over.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
There is a near infinite number of places we can go for nostalgia, and nostalgia is a global phenomenon that crosses every boundary.

It is a pleasant feeling, reaching back that far.

Retro gaming, turn of the century 3D games, and the 90s.

Every generation has a turn.

Though people born in 2000 bring adults now really blows the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.