• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
Link:
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told Fox News Thursday night that while he has "no choice" but to hold a trial if the House votes to impeach President Donald Trump, that does not mean the process will be in any way impartial.

"Everything I do during this I'm coordinating with White House counsel," said the Kentucky Republican. "There will be no difference between the president's position and our position as to how to handle this."

McConnell noted that with "typical" legislative issues he has the power to simply block them from coming up for a vote, as he has done with a number of House-passed bills.

"We have no choice but to take it up," McConnell said of impeachment. "But we'll be working through this process hopefully in a fairly short period of time in total coordination with the White House counsel's office and the people who are representing the president."
We knew this was going to happen so I can't say I'm surprised at his honestly. Lock if old.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Like this is totally expected and everything but just hearing it so brazen is beyond maddening.

He's happily boasting on TV that the trial is going to be a sham and he's actively colluding with the accused party to acquit them. The entire system is fundamentally broken.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to think this whole process wasn't worth it just to try and bring into light the Ukraine stuff, which most will have forgotten about next year.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
I think it's become clear that things are only going to get worse. These guys only care about the career they are enjoying, not the people.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Mitch is just as bad, if not worse, than Trump. The two of leading their branches is a nightmare.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Tom Daschle stated today he coordinated with the Clinton White House during his impeachment trial.

So, it's not without precedent.

It's all political and always will be.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
What were a lot of these people talking about when they said that Roberts wouldn't allow for this to happen?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where is The Grim Reaper when you need him?

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If only the US had separate but equal branches of government. Unfortunately Mitch's hands are tied.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
If the USA exists as a unified country under the current Constitution in 15 years I will be highly surprised. The undemocratic Senate is going to destroy this country eventually unless it becomes proportional to the population of the country. Moscow Mitch would not even have a majority if the Senate had fair representation.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can never imagine prostrating myself so lowly for the benefit of one man and yet it seems there isn't any depth the GOP isn't willing to bend to facilitate Trump and his idiocy.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
so since he is openly stating obstruction and collusion will happen, cant this legally (not saying it will because republicans) happen

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Yea its why this whole impeachment thing means next to nothing for some folks. They're not going to do anything.

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That sounds extremely illegal.

Like ever more illegal than the usual shit they do.

For something to be illegal it has to be forbidden by a law.

This is all that defines the Senate trial.

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present.Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States; but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

This is a political process and playing politics isn't illegal.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to eat a ban for discussing my feelings about Mitch, so I'll just say that the world will only benefit from complete and total obliteration of republican power.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
Mitch is just as bad, if not worse, than Trump. The two of leading their branches is a nightmare.
Mitch is the danger. While Trump has been in office, he's been swearing in federal judges left and right for lifetime positions. Even if we get a progressive president in 2021, they'll run right in into Mitch's goons.

This dude is a complete monster.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Does that make it acceptable to you?

No. But the precedent was set by the Dems.

This is why when shit like this goes down, there needs to be laws set during the "off years" in between political show trials to make them more bipartisan by law, rather than partisan based on the whims of the majority party at any given time.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the entire impeachment process in the senate wakes up a significant portion of the electorate next year. It's going to be truly disgusting to see unfold.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
You know if the shoe was on the other foot and a Democrat said this about a Democrat president they'd be absolutely eviscerated by the media.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
House: We have to preserve the balance of powers as the framers intended.
Senate: Just call me Mitch the Bitch.

Sei

Oct 28, 2017
LA
Imagine Judge and Jury working with the Defense lawyers to coordinate procedure.

RIP checks and balances.