• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Regan's on-air speculation at the start of last week that coronavirus was merely another impeachment gambit for Democrats drew widespread pushback. Clearly the mood was changing at Fox by the time the network announced late Friday that her discussion-and-commentary program on Fox Business would leave the air indefinitely, to be replaced by long-form programming — part of a larger overhaul of the prime-time schedule, Fox officials said, intended to free up resources that would help bolster coverage of the crisis during "critical market hours."
Fox insiders said that Regan's removal from air showed that only some hosts — those with the biggest ratings — are protected at Fox News. "If you put Trish's comments up against Laura [Ingraham's], you can't honestly tell me that Trish is off the air" because of her coronavirus commentary, said a former Fox News executive who spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak frankly about his past employer.

Trish Regan last Monday:

JPqtXCW.png

Fox Business Last Friday:
www.nytimes.com

Fox Business Benches Trish Regan After Outcry Over Coronavirus Comments (Published 2020)

The host of “Trish Regan Primetime” told viewers this week that concerns about the coronavirus were “yet another attempt to impeach the president.”

The Fox Business anchor Trish Regan, whose on-air dismissal of the coronavirus as "another attempt to impeach the president" left her cable network facing a firestorm of criticism this week, has been removed from her prime-time slot for the foreseeable future, the network said on Friday.
Ms. Regan's 8 p.m. program, "Trish Regan Primetime," is "on hiatus until further notice," Fox Business said in a statement. The network declined to say if Ms. Regan would continue to appear on its other programs, saying that its coverage plans for the coronavirus crisis remained in flux.
Fox Business attributed the move to "the demands of the evolving pandemic crisis coverage," saying it was shifting resources toward daytime coverage of the pandemic and global markets. Both "Trish Regan Primetime" and its follow-up at 9, "Kennedy," will be replaced by general-interest programs.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I preferred when hey weren't taking this seriously. I don't want republicans to die, but I don't think I mind them getting real sick for a while....

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Trish Regan last Monday:

JPqtXCW.png

www.nytimes.com

Fox Business Benches Trish Regan After Outcry Over Coronavirus Comments (Published 2020)

The host of “Trish Regan Primetime” told viewers this week that concerns about the coronavirus were “yet another attempt to impeach the president.”

The Fox Business anchor Trish Regan, whose on-air dismissal of the coronavirus as "another attempt to impeach the president" left her cable network facing a firestorm of criticism this week, has been removed from her prime-time slot for the foreseeable future, the network said on Friday.
Ms. Regan's 8 p.m. program, "Trish Regan Primetime," is "on hiatus until further notice," Fox Business said in a statement. The network declined to say if Ms. Regan would continue to appear on its other programs, saying that its coverage plans for the coronavirus crisis remained in flux.
Fox Business attributed the move to "the demands of the evolving pandemic crisis coverage," saying it was shifting resources toward daytime coverage of the pandemic and global markets. Both "Trish Regan Primetime" and its follow-up at 9, "Kennedy," will be replaced by general-interest programs.

That's the first time, as a Canadian, that I've ever sat through more than a minute of watching a Fox op-ed, and I honestly thought I was watching an outtake from the V For Vendetta movie.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

andrew kaczynski🤔 on Twitter

“What a damning indictment of Fox News from the Post video team here. https://t.co/r8Fz8vo5KV”

Is it safe to assume that conservatives, when confronted with a video like that, insist that the "befores" are "fake news" deceptively created by computers by evil mainstream media, and they have no recollection of watching them, while the "afters" are what they clearly remember Fox has been saying for months?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Trish Regan last Monday:

JPqtXCW.png

www.nytimes.com

Fast-forward to November...

"The Dems are trying to use the election to impeach the President!"

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I really, REALLY don't understand how this works. At all. Like, how do you just REWRITE your memory to completely 180 your attitude, and never be aware that what you fear now, you previously thought was a hoax? How does a human mind just do that based on what a guy on TV says?

The people who fall for this shit have the critical thinking skills of a turnip (actually, I take that back, it's an insult to turnips).

These people don't want to step outside of their comfort zone. They're mentally incapable of handling change

That's what Fox preys on.

It's not hard to see why. Growing up in rural Northern California (which leans heavily conservative), I had to listen to Rush, G Gordon Liddy and Hannity on the radio, or rewatch Fox News and with those being the only news sources, it sucks you in.

The only reason I didn't fall into that trap is because I left for the Air Force and got to see the bigger picture (and I wasn't closed minded).

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
As long as there are brown people, liberals, and educated individuals running for office there will always be the cult of FOX. Fighting the progressive boogeyman is an integral part of their agenda, and they will spare no expensive to continue fighting against their own interests because 'MERICA; a misplaced ideology that they always win even if they have to dunk on themselves to do so.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's too late. The damage has already been done.

They've already gave Democrats more firepower & leverage to use something like this against Trump when he's running for re-election.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's scary to think how many idiots will be watching this and go, yeah yeah it's a crisis that were just saying hoax. It's terrifying they have that kind of viewership.

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
1984 has always been one of my favourite books, but I always thought the whole doublespeak thing was kind of stupid. Well, I was wrong.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I continue to be amazed that the american people allow garbage propaganda media like this to exist. In civilized democracies, FOX News would be protested and laughed out of existence.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
The desire to stick it to the left truly does override all rational thought.

That's exactly what it is, and this is why Fox News viewers / Trump supporters' reaction to the changing story isn't actually inconsistent. It's like this:

Trump/Fox: "Coronovirus is a hoax."
Right wing crowd: "Boy, that statement sure pisses off the left. Must be true."

Trump/Fox: "Coronavirus is a national emergency. By the way, we've always said so."
Right wing crowd: "Boy, that statement sure pisses off the left. Must be true."