• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Holy shit! It's finally happening! I was told I was foolish for believing we'd still get it this year, so I'm quite excited. I really hope it's good!

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Also to name drop I was randomly at omocats graduation (by chance a friend was graduating same day) actually how I discovered the game I was like who is this omocat I must know more

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I havent been following this games development at all but every time it games a new thread I instantly remember the tone and the visual style

a surefire sign of "nailing it" if ever there was one

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm interested. Is this only on pc?
I believe Switch, PS4, and X1, too. 3DS was backed, but they scrapped it, I believe. I imagine it comes to new consoles, but who knows when. I don't even know if it's coming to anything beyond PC on the 25th.
God ive been waiting years for this. So hyped.
Right???? Always so exciting to see an indie game you've followed for years get a hard date announced.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Switch, PS4, and X1, too. 3DS was backed, but they scrapped it, I believe. I imagine it comes to new consoles, but who knows when. I don't even know if it's coming to anything beyond PC on the 25th.

Right???? Always so exciting to see an indie game you've followed for years get a hard date announced.

Cool thanks I'll go grab it on switch. Wonder if it can be played on PS5 since it'll be on PS4.

Dreyarn

Oct 28, 2017
Looks amazing! I will definitely play it, but I still don't know if I'll wait for the Switch release or get it on PC

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
any reason why so many people are apparently waiting this for years? Did the devs made a cool game before that? Was that announced with something special?

Never heard of it but looks cool and will probably pick it

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
This is the year Kentucky Route Zero and Omori both released. And King of Cards was late last year.

All those long-term Kickstarter bets I made in early college are finally paying off!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I've been waiting fucking years for this. I can't believe it's finally coming out.

Please don't suck lmao

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
3DS backers had the platform changed to Switch automatically so that one's definitely coming sooner and Playism's publishing it iirc. Playism's also doing the JP localization (and presumably PC release on their store).

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I'm surprised it came out

I remember the Kickstarter being sus, around the time of the Soul Saga stuff, a lot of questionable promises and unanswered issues so I assumed it would just disappear

Funnily enough Soul Saga also finally came out this year and by the sounds of it completely changed genre and is absolutely terrible so hopefully this fares better

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
God its been so long that I completely forgot that backed this.

Apparently I got it on the switch.

Guess I need to find that thing....

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. Merry Christmas indeed. I was going to make it out first between it and Eastward.

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm surprised this isn't more popular, but it'll probably blow up after release... unless it's bad. I never played the demo. I think it'll be good!

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope this is good. It's checking a bunch of boxes for me and it has been since the first trailer dropped like... 7 years ago?

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Gematsu wrote "PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of Omori are also planned, but have yet to receive a release date." I would've preferred to play on Switch at launch, but oh well.
www.gematsu.com

Omori for PC launches December 25

“Surreal psychological horror RPG” OMORI will launch for PC via Steam on December 25, developer OMOCAT announced.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Never heard of this but this looks amazing.

Glad I've never heard of it, saved me the 6 years long wait lol

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Gematsu wrote "PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch versions of Omori are also planned, but have yet to receive a release date." I would've preferred to play on Switch at launch, but oh well.
www.gematsu.com

Omori for PC launches December 25

“Surreal psychological horror RPG” OMORI will launch for PC via Steam on December 25, developer OMOCAT announced.
Switch will probably come first since it's backer funded and Playism's involved.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I feel like I've seen this in a perpetual state of being created for years. Cool to see it finally have a release date!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
daaamn, I remember this!! Wow, I can't wait. I hope they announce when to expect Switch release.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, finally. Still very interested in this. They've started teasing daily on Twitter too.

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
Bump since it's coming out tomorrow... Do we have any idea when it's coming out exactly? There's no timer on steam 🤔

Dlanor A. Knox

▲ Legend ▲
Apr 6, 2018
No, and they don't like to answer questions from anyone (including backers), so we don't know the price, how long it is, or anything. Unknown if any outlets are getting review codes, either.

How weird, I only learned of this game's existence last month so I don't know much, but I heard there were some drama with its kickstarter campaign.

Hoping for a midnight release on Steam, and I hope it turns out good. Watched some gameplay of the old demo and it looked like a lot fun.

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
How weird, I only learned of this game's existence last month so I don't know much, but I heard there were some drama with its kickstarter campaign.

Hoping for a midnight release on Steam, and I hope it turns out good. Watched some gameplay of the old demo and it looked like a lot fun.
I've been excitedly following the game for years, wanting it desperately. Despite that, I will not buy the game without reviews. Too many unknowns. I have faith that it'll be great and interesting, but I don't have absolute confidence.