• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which do you pick?

• Mario's star

Votes: 78 46.7%
  • Sonic's chaos emeralds

Votes: 89 53.3%

• Total voters

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
artworks-000528623649-mde0gg-t500x500.jpg

Super Sonic is easily one of the most powerful beings in the Sonic series, having defeated titanic robots, fearsome monsters, forces of nature, other Super State users and even powerful deities. Due to being infused with the seven Chaos Emeralds' power, Super Sonic accordingly commands ultimate power and has access to unlimited energy. You can also fly and run at lightspeed, can project vast amounts of energy, destroy entire mountains with ease, warp time and space. It is also almost perfectly invincible. ALMOST as you can still be hurt if hit hard enough. It also only lasts for a short period of time.

31-315604_super-mario-star-power.png

Mario's super star- If the player gets a Star, they will become invincible. The user becomes temporarily invulnerable to all damage, being able to defeat any enemy. However, hazards that would be fatal regardless of power-ups (lava, pits, time running out, getting crushed, etc.) will still defeat the user, even with the Super Star. The projectiles or enemies that come into contact with the user of the Star while it is activated are destroyed. The Star also increases your speed substantially. And if you kill 8 enemies you get an extra life! (?)

So which do you pick to defend and possibly defeat your insanely powerful murderer?

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not up on my Sonic lore. I thought he was totally invincible as Super Sonic? Guess the only ones I really played were 2 and CD.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, one's strong, the other is invincible. But damn the strong one is the closest I'd get to Super Saiyan.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Sonic's Emeralds.

He's invincible and jumps higher just like Mario with his star, but he's SO much faster.

Plus it'll last as long as the number of rings I have whereas Mario's star is always a set short timer.

I fully expect Homelander to win though.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Will the mario invincibility kill either of them if i touch them?

If not the. Super sonic. Invincible virtually and can fly around and go offense

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Super Star Mario is still vulnerable to lava, and doesn't otherwise grant additional powers. Homeland eye lasers the ground under you until it melts, dead.

I can't think of any weaknesses to Chaos Super mode, so probably that.

Edit: Super Sonic is still vulnerable to crushing right? Doesn't seem like a big ask for Homelander. So he hard counters both.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Mario and Sonic both have toonforce and Mario survived the death of his universe

I need to get toonforce

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a choice between utility or aesthetics for me.
The Super Star is utilitarian; it makes the user literally untouchable and is probably the best bet against those two...
BUUUT... Super Sonic is probably way more fun. Ya get to fly around and be a super Saiyan. So it might not be enough to take out either of the two evil Supermen, but you're gonna give them a good fight and look good doing it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
You use the super star and even if touching them kills them, they fly up and away out of reach until your star runs out.

You take the chaos emeralds and you're invincible while being able to go on the attack. Are you fast enough and strong enough to go in for the kill? Who knows but I'm taking my chances with the chaos emeralds and finding out.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Feels like they're not beating either of these power-ups assuming they don't have their timers

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Chaos Emeralds feel like they'd give you a chance by making you able to fly and being mostly invulnerable. The Super Star may be stronger but it's always on a timer and you get no other powers through it.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
Couldn't you just fly at light speed through both of em and kill em instantly with the Super Sonic Power? Lol

Don't know much about Sonic Lore. But from what I've seen in the shows Omni and Homelander are fast but would still not be able to react to something at light speed.

Red Rush was able to work omniman until he got predictable and that was nowhere near light speed lol

Maybe I'm trippin tho 🤷‍♂️

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why we have Homelander compared to Omni, two different leagues.

Sonic seems the best bet, but you'd still lose.

Mario's star is useless. You can still fall down holes or be squished... well Omni man is really good at squishing. Also if it's like the real star you only got 30 seconds.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
super star, touch bad guy, they flip over into the horizon never to be seen again.

why would i choose anything else? golden sonic mode, with all due respect, sucked.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
The ultimate form is White Racoon Mario.

1280px-Invincibility_Raccoon_Mario_New_Super_Mario_Bros._2.png

Permanent invincibility and insta-kill of enemies. It can also fly. There's also Whit Tanooki Mario but he doesn't have flight like the racoon version does.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
After spending a day reading Irredeemable.

I'd take either over Plutonian.

Give me that Mario Super Star.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
What? Super Sonic.

One has 10 seconds of invincibility, one has a rolling variable of 50 seconds.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Super Sonic.

Homelander and Omni-Man, as I stated in the last similar-ish thread, are low tier when it comes to evil Superman pastiches. Chaos Emerald enhanced anybody would be leagues faster than both of those two combined. The timer could be 15 seconds and the fight would be over in three.

zero_suit

Oct 27, 2017
Super Sonic.

Homelander and Omni-Man, as I stated in the last similar-ish thread, are low tier when it comes to evil Superman pastiches. Chaos Emerald enhanced anybody would be leagues faster than both of those two combined. The timer could be 15 seconds and the fight would be over in three.
Sums it up perfectly.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Eh...both have pros and cons.

Super Sonic lets you jet around and has a lot of maneuverability. However, you're not completely immune to damage since in some games, taking damage from some enemies (usually endgame bosses) means you lose Rings, which shortens your time as Super Sonic. Ignoring game mechanics though, Chaos Emeralds are pretty OP as hell and basically warp reality based on the user's desires...so take that as you will.

Super Star only makes you slightly faster but given you can supposedly destroy anything by touching it, there's a good chance you could bait one of them into coming in direct contact with you. (Assuming invincibility doesn't wear off first.)

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Eh...both have pros and cons.

Super Sonic lets you jet around and has a lot of maneuverability. However, you're not completely immune to damage since in some games, taking damage from some enemies (usually endgame bosses) means you lose Rings, which shortens your time as Super Sonic. Ignoring game mechanics though, Chaos Emeralds are pretty OP as hell and basically warp reality based on the user's desires...so take that as you will.

Super Star only makes you slightly faster but given you can supposedly destroy anything by touching it, there's a good chance you could bait one of them into coming in direct contact with you. (Assuming invincibility doesn't wear off first.)
Going off of Sonic lore, you're going to need some Superman level stuff to hurt a Super character.

Omni-Man and Homelander aren't Superman level. The two are The Thing level, and that's being generous to both of them and downplaying Ben Grimm significantly.

It'd be like fighting children. Sure, they can do something that hurts, but does it matter in the grand scheme? Not really.

Ultratech

Oct 25, 2017
Going off of Sonic lore, you're going to need some Superman level stuff to hurt a Super character.

Omni-Man and Homelander aren't Superman level. The two are The Thing level, and that's being generous to both of them and downplaying Ben Grimm significantly.

It'd be like fighting children. Sure, they can do something that hurts, but does it matter in the grand scheme? Not really.

Yeah, I guess if we're using the Comics as lore mostly, then Super Sonic stomps. No question about it.

Archie Sonic is fucking absurd.
g1dbteamblogs.blogspot.com

Death Battle Predictions: Wally West VS Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie) - Part 1 / Analysis

(Djangor) (Ramen) (LaughingXenn) (GrandBull) (TheNerd-Bot) (Twice) (SoMaShadow) (Brobuscus) (BangJang96) (CEWinick) (Clockboxxer) (Phant...

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Definitely Super Sonic.

Pretty sure Mario insta kills anything he touches with invincibility no?

Yes. So does Sonic when either he's temporary invincible after smashing the invincibility box or when he's in Super Sonic mode after collecting the 7 Chaos Emeralds. And Super Sonic lasts longer, runs even faster & jumps even higher than Mario when in that form.