• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tiamant

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Was thinking about creating a thread about this, it was quite a shocking podcast in all kinds of ways.

It truly was. But honestly it was kinda heartwarming to see how he is planning to do so much stuff soon. The flight simulator stream with celebrities on twitch from a plane cockpit sounded rad.

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
My heart goes out to Omar. Fuck cancer.

Some very interesting tidbits, not exactly news that Kamiya is an ass.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Hearing the things about Monolith is wild given the history of Xenogears, Xenosaga 2, and Xenoblade 1 had of (for understandable reasons, mind you) not being able to make their deadlines.

Also fuck cancer.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
from what I recall from another interview, he was in his late 20s (i think 29?)when he got the first colon cancer diagnosis, which is very horrifying. I really don't want to get cancer since it runs in my family and reading stuff like this always has me worry a good bit that younger and younger adults are being diagnosed and that's pretty scary...

I wish I could say fuck cancer with confidence,but it feels like literally nothing is being done to stop and eradicate it from younger age groups since we keep hearing of people getting and dying of it far too young and i dont know what the hell they're doing to try and stop it :(

Really do worry about this guy and I hope to god somehow he makes a miracle recovery.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Omar mentions that he's working on a rhythm videogame about cancer right now. I think that's important to mention as well.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I'm just sad remembering iwata all over again. Even after his death, I keep discovering how him was the boss.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the highlights OP, fuck cancer indeed. It feels knoen how reliable monolithsoft is under nintendo

eltercero

Feb 3, 2018
Madrid
Not videogames related, but If you speak spanish Omar is also doing an amazing podcast called "Omar se muere" (roughly translated as "Omar is dying") which is basically him talking with a friend about life, death and everything in between. It's not cheesy at all (it's actually quite funny) and you just gotta love Omar, he's such a great guy.

Mar 2, 2020
Brazil
Damn Iwata was really ahead of his time. I never came to think of how Gameboy implicitly excludes women and non binary people. Makes sense, also DS is self explanatory. And it sold like no other Nintendo console and got a huge female audience. I miss the Iwata Asks, him on Directs and his decisions that at the time didn't seem to make sense but now we know how made Nintendo evolve for the better and culminated on his swansong, Nintendo Switch, that he sadly wasn't here to behold the golden days back.
Also, all my solidarity to Omar, that he might live as many days as it's possible and that it's much more than the expected 4 months. It's lovely that he's spending time with hobbies and that he spilled some funny beans about Nintendo inside.
Last but not least FUCK CANCER.
That damn disease took away Iwata, sadly Omar discovered that, and it's also what took alway my dad mid last year. I hope science evolves even more and we get a cure for this.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ditching the Game Boy branding was so smart in hindsight. At the time, as a dumb teen who grew up with the brand, I was disappointed but it's so obvious now that it was the right move.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has been yelled at for not promoting stuff, and then having to write an e-mail basically saying "we can't promote shit because you haven't sent us FUCKING ANYTHING", I believe this man 100%.

Also, much love for him and his loved ones, can't imagine how must it feel to be on your last weeks alive, but it's nice he still wants to talk about something that he's clearly passionate about.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Interesting tidbits and cancer sucks. I don't think Nintendo will sue for a few past tidbits. Also like Omar, I feel is holding back on purpose or releasing more Triple A games and franchises for the Switch Pro announcement

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Jesus cancer can fuck right off...

The Swiitch part sounds like just some sort of inside joke to be honest, but as everything else sounds like it could be true I'm not gonna doubt him.

Some cool anecdots.

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
he mentions how Iwata found opposition inside Nintendo when switching from the Gameboy brand into the Nintendo DS naming. In the end Iwata argued that the "boy" in Gameboy excluded women and that "Gameboy" wasn't the important name of the brand, but rather "Nintendo".
I mean, he wasn't wrong. The DS was NIntendo's most successful system of all time.

I wouldn't have minded "Swiitch", could take it or leave it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

"Who is this fucking insect spreading bullshit rumors about me..."

It's safe to say, he's not happy with this stuff.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I mean those arent leaks...those are cute aneqdotes and some speculation.
They would not really have anything in their hand i think.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
This is very interesting, the name Swiitch was used as a joke before but little did we know!
I wish him the best for now :(

OP
OP
Tiamant

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
I have requested the mods to delete the thread. The last thing I want is this to become bigger than it should and impact Omar negatively.

Bad wording on my part too with the Kamiya is crazy title. My apologies.

Kyussons

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have requested the mods to delete the thread. The last thing I want is this to become bigger than it should and impact Omar negatively.

Bad wording on my part too with the Kamiya is crazy title. My apologies.

Hey, no need to apologize, Kamiya is a jerk, sadly we all know already.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Thread got closed so I couldn't edit my reply there lol

Shitty remarks by Kamiya, whether the story is true or not.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yikes, kamiya really needs to learn how to react. dude is acting like a fucking teenager.

perhaps the title of this thread should be edited a bit? it makes it seem like omar called kamiya crazy.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing Kamiya, his actual engagement with this story was just seeing the thread title in the tweet and not bothering to read anything in it.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Haha what a quirky guy, it's perfectly normal that he called someone an insect if he doesn't know about the cancer.
Edit: /s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.