• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Olive Garden?

• Hell yes

Votes: 59 9.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 138 22.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • No

Votes: 87 14.2%
  • Hell no

Votes: 134 21.9%
  • 🔥🔥 Bread sticks 🔥🔥

Votes: 90 14.7%

• Total voters

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, its just canned pasta sauce with a shitload of sodium and sugar thrown in. You can get that same savory feel by buying same cheap pasta sauce and boiling your own spaghetti. Throw a shit ton of salt and grated parmesan and you have the same thing.

Twenty freaking dollars for a single portion of "chicken alfredo" (before tax and tip) when you can buy a box of pasta for a dollar, a jar of alfredo sauce for three bucks, and a rotisserie chicken for six bucks. All you have to do is boil water and you've got dinner for four for a tenner. This shit is a scam.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Steak Gorgonzola is honestly delicious but I feel like I haven't eaten there in 5 years. I never feel good afterwards no matter what I order.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to drop a truth bomb on some of your folks. You think Olive Garden's alfredo sauce is good but it's really not. It's overpriced, and greasy, and you can easily make a better version on your own.

This here's my go to alfredo recipe and its fucking fantastic.

Oct 27, 2017
Olive Garden is struggle tier. I don't care what suburb you're in or how little you are able to cook, there's a better option

Last edited:

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Update: Had the Asiago Tortellini Alfredo with grilled chicken.

Was fucking excellent.
It's alright. But I'm bitter because it replace the braised beef tortellini and that used to be my go to.
Br34rvKIIAAJWOn.jpg:small

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I like Olive Garden. I think it gets unfairly hated on. People act like it's the scourge of the earth or some shit and honestly it's kind of pathetic whenever I see the exaggerated reactions to it. It's nothing amazing but I'm not gonna say no to their spaghetti, salad, and breadsticks. Especially the breadsticks. Those are bangin.

DonNadie

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. There's so many other places I could go to get Italian food (or just cook it myself) that are cheaper and better quality/tasting.

Salty Soup

Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, but not for the price. You'll end up spending 60 or 70 dollars for two people unless you both just eat bread sticks, soup, and water.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to drop a truth bomb on some of your folks. You think Olive Garden's alfredo sauce is good but it's really not. It's overpriced, and greasy, and you can easily make a better version on your own.

This here's my go to alfredo recipe and its fucking fantastic.

Is there a version of this recipe in, like, actual recipe format instead of 20 minute long vlog format with ad reads and bad jokes and shit? I skipped in a bit and he was doing a sponsored message, skipped ahead more and he was shilling some gift thing, skipped ahead more and he was talking about "fup" as a replacement for the word "fuck".

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, its just canned pasta sauce with a shitload of sodium and sugar thrown in. You can get that same savory feel by buying same cheap pasta sauce and boiling your own spaghetti. Throw a shit ton of salt and grated parmesan and you have the same thing.
I mean I guess. But I don't really even eat pasta often. If I'm gonna eat it, I'd rather go to Olive Garden and get it with some good soup and breadsticks than try to deal with the hassle of making it myself.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
The brown butter & mizithra spaghetti at Old Spaghetti Factory rules.

My partner and I used to go to Olive Garden once a year during Never Ending Pasta Bowl. We have started replacing that with their to go jumbo salad that comes with a dozen breadsticks. We make it quite a few meals, and it rules.
Yo, that is literally what I get (Mizithra). Cheers!

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I'd still go. Not sure how pricey it is these days. Was never a fan of going out for Italian in general cuz it's all over priced for what is typically pretty easy food to make at home.

ostrichKing

Oct 25, 2017
$20 per pasta serving for what they put out is one of the biggest rip-offs in food. I'd be shocked if someone can't find a substantially better Italian place in their town for the same price or cheaper. Someone mentioned Taco Bell as a comparison. You can feed a family for $20 at Taco Bell.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a version of this recipe in, like, actual recipe format instead of 20 minute long vlog format with ad reads and bad jokes and shit? I skipped in a bit and he was doing a sponsored message, skipped ahead more and he was shilling some gift thing, skipped ahead more and he was talking about "fup" as a replacement for the word "fuck".

1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Combine melted butter and cream in saucepan on medium heat until they're combined, then stir in grated cheese until the sauce is smooth and as thick as you want. Toss cooked pasta in sauce. Job done.

Oct 25, 2017

1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup grated parmesan

Combine melted butter and cream in saucepan on medium heat until they're combined, then stir in grated cheese until the sauce is smooth and as thick as you want. Toss cooked pasta in sauce. Job done.

pretty much this though I'd recommend slicing up some garlic (like four cloves if you like garlic) cooking till fragrant in the butter, and adding a splash (like a tbsp or two) of vodka. Maybe some red pepper flakes too if you like some spice

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
The endless soup and breadsticks or never-ending pasta bowls were fine, but if we're talking popular chains focusing on Italian food, I much preferred the Macaroni Grill.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
pretty much this though I'd recommend slicing up some garlic (like four cloves if you like garlic) cooking till fragrant in the butter, and adding a splash (like a tbsp or two) of vodka. Maybe some red pepper flakes too if you like some spice

I mean yeah, that recipe is very, very basic. Dude didn't even season his sauce.

Torta Lover

Jan 3, 2022
I've only been there twice, but the food was good and the service was excellent a group of us left a 500 dollar tip.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Italian American food is some of the simplest food to make at home and for dirt cheap. Idk how Olive Garden makes something worse than that for way more money.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
It's alright. I've had some pretty bad experiences in the past at numerous locations. Overall the food is mid. I'd rate it 3/5

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Every time I've gone it's tasted worse than my own reheated pasta leftovers from the day before. Everyone else in my family likes it, though, so I always feel insane when I bring it up.

I tend to go for pasta at most chain sit down restaurants (unless I feel like fish and chips) and I've never tasted worse than at Olive Garden.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I guess it depends on what dish you want to eat. Their chicken parm is pretty good and I love their breadsticks. But their not priced much differently than a really good Italian restaurant, do that's what I would suggest.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Over priced garbage.

Also doesn't help that last time I went I got served raw chicken and almost everyone in my family got sick.

I'd rather go to a local Italian joint that's notably cheaper and has much better food

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Floored by that poll. People must really love their dry, microwaved pasta. Bread sticks aren't enough to deal with.. fucking olive garden.