• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what this thread could bring up.

I had this cup from the short-lived McDonald's mascut Mac Tonight. This one:

3c6d2b7b0f1db9652bdee1738ec42128.jpg

I had never seen this mascot at McDonald's proper. It was only decades later that I would read about it online.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive got my burger king kids club card somewhere in my closet

Aselith

Oct 27, 2017
s-l400.jpg
The McDonalds transformer type toys don't come up too much. They were pretty cool though.

These were good as hell too

9ntf1ol2ahx51.jpg

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I had a glass gandalf cup from burger king. It had a plastic base that lit up and illuminate the glass. I fucking loved it.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what this thread could bring up.

I had this cup from the short-lived McDonald's mascut Mac Tonight. This one:

3c6d2b7b0f1db9652bdee1738ec42128.jpg

I had never seen this mascot at McDonald's proper. It was only decades later that I would read about it online.

I had a couple little jeep happy meal toys with Mac Tonight driving them.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
About a billion Pokemon-related things.

I still have every PokeBall from BK. Mew and Mewtwo too.

And those gold-plated doo-dads

I actually gave some away here for a secret Santa, the first secret Santa here actually lol

Hope that person enjoyed them

NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
My dad was a firefighter, and so somehow as a kid we were given access to a free Daredevil comic about gasoline safety.

In the Marvel universe, gasoline is a magical substance that people will slather on anything to clean it (it actually is a rather good solvent, apparently), and will only ignite int he presence of Vapora, an invisible gasoline witch/ghost. And thus the only thing protecting New Yorkers from setting themselves on fire is the blind ninja acrobat boxer lawyer.

Also, there was an odd US Postal Service/Justice League crossover to inspire stamp collecting (?). I remember Batman lecturing me about the ash can school of art in it.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I remembered my dad bringing me to Taco Bell once a week for a month so he could collect all the Star Trek III promotional glasses.

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I am old and had the free mail in Mynock breathers and 4LOM from my Star Wars action figures.

It all went into an AT-ST box full of a complete set of Star Wars figures up to Jedi that I sold for 50 bucks AUD. The kid was super excited to get all my shit - I have no regrets. I think that shit is worth something these days!

Had a bunch of movie and video game cups from the early 80s but they all faded and disintegrated. I think I had an Empie one, a Space Invaders one and a Temple of Doom one…but its all vague, distant memories at this point.

Still have some Shenmue promo stuff from E3 - 2001, I think. A notepad, a mini-CD, maybe some other stuff in a box.

Last edited:

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My dad was a firefighter, and so somehow as a kid we were given access to a free Daredevil comic about gasoline safety.

In the Marvel universe, gasoline is a magical substance that people will slather on anything to clean it (it actually is a rather good solvent, apparently), and will only ignite int he presence of Vapora, an invisible gasoline witch/ghost. And thus the only thing protecting New Yorkers from setting themselves on fire is the blind ninja acrobat boxer lawyer.

Also, there was an odd US Postal Service/Justice League crossover to inspire stamp collecting (?). I remember Batman lecturing me about the ash can school of art in it.
Gasoline used to be used in dry cleaning actually.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
vintage-maggie-simpson-doll-burger-king-toys-1990-1024x1024.jpg

My sister got one of those from Burger King back in the day. She used to hit me in the head with it has hard as she could. Those hard plastic spikes hurt like hell. It's a miracle I don't have brain damage.

Gasoline used to be used in dry cleaning actually.

It's more dangerous than dynamite!

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Anybody else remember those Backstreet Boys toys from Burger King where they were all these weird superhero alter-egos?

Brian's power is "a basketball."
AJ is basically The Undertaker.
Nick is either a knight or some futuristic samurai (based on the feet).
Howie has robe.
Kevin. Is. Iron Man. *snap*

s509710972225922630_p47_i1_w452.jpeg

Oct 25, 2017
Hardees had this Apollo 13 movie tie-in: a rocket that came with pogs! And the rocket could open up and hold said pogs!

2t0ufkkn07t41.jpg

Anybody else remember those Backstreet Boys toys from Burger King where they were all these weird superhero alter-egos?

Brian's power is "a basketball."
AJ is basically The Undertaker.
Nick is either a knight or some futuristic samurai (based on the feet).
Howie has robe.
Kevin. Is. Iron Man. *snap*

s509710972225922630_p47_i1_w452.jpeg

I remember these, boy that just awakened a long-dormant memory.I was especially confused about Howie's giant shoulder pad robes.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
I remember these, boy that just awakened a long-dormant memory.I was especially confused about Howie's giant shoulder pad robes.
I also seem to recall that Kevin's figure came with a coffin that he could rise out of. Maybe it was actually AJ given his very undead look, but for some reason I remember Kevin.

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
I've got some weird Simpsons watches with audio clips, and one of them just says "no smoking" and then you hear some coughing. Whenever I go through old boxes it activates and scares the shit out of me.

I have a Metroid Prime lanyard that the guy at EB gave me even tho he was supposed to wear it all day.

I have some bizarre dragon quest shirt from a Valentine's Day DQ9 promo that says "Happy Valenslimes Day" or something of the sort.

I have a cloth map from FF8 that again, I don't think was supposed to be for customers, but I convinced the employee that I should get it because I was the first one in line to pick it up and I bought the guide as well. (I'll never forget that day, EB called everyone who preordered to tell them they could pick it up a day early in an attempt to kneecap the Dreamcast launch.)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I have a cloth map from FF8 that again, I don't think was supposed to be for customers, but I convinced the employee that I should get it because I was the first one in line to pick it up and I bought the guide as well. (I'll never forget that day, EB called everyone who preordered to tell them they could pick it up a day early in an attempt to kneecap the Dreamcast launch.)

I'm pretty sure that was a preorder bonus for the game.

Oct 28, 2017
Around the time Tomb Raider 3 was about to come out I went to a gaming convention that had a big contest to determine the best gamer. I got 3rd place and one of the things I won was a promo t-shirt with a close up shot of Lara's butt on the chest and the caption "Lara's back!".

Pretty stupid, even for the 90's. As a shy kid I never had the balls to wear it in public.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I've got a Lunar Silver Star Story Complete Ghaleon boxing puppet. I didn't get that as a kid really; I was already a teenager and saw a bunch in the box at a thrift store. I recalled seeing them advertised in EGM back when the game was coming out and had only played the GBA Lunar game but I grabbed one anyway.

Along the lines of the Daredevil vs Vapora comic posted up-thread (which I have), I've got a cool bagged 1981 Spider-Man and Hulk: Chaos in Kansas City comic that was a promotional comic "Presented by The Jones Store Co." They fight each other and Kraven all over KC, including at the KC Zoo and possibly at the headquarters of the KC Star newspaper?

Nov 26, 2017
vintage-maggie-simpson-doll-burger-king-toys-1990-1024x1024.jpg

My sister got one of those from Burger King back in the day. She used to hit me in the head with it has hard as she could. Those hard plastic spikes hurt like hell. It's a miracle I don't have brain damage.

I actually got my mom a complete set of Burger King The Simpsons figures for Christmas a few years ago.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
Burger King had watches for the launch of jurassic Park. Not just one type either. Several different versions, and they weren't really terrible. I got my mom to get me one that had a flip open cover and it glowed green around the digital screen with the t rex skeleton outline. I thought it was so cool as a kid

Oct 25, 2017
The Ghostbusters Slimer ghost was on a can of soft drink or something and it had instructions not to open it because a ghost was inside and the ghost would escape.

You know, if you opened it.

Actually maybe the can was empty.