• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
4AtdCI5.jpg

Young Kamiya is still the GOAT.

"My mama told me i could be anything, so i became a Kamen Rider!"

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
is he getting....younger?

look at him at 23 and then compare it to 44

People always say this but he just grew his hair out and dressed differently. Skin care is also key to looking young.

I remember seeing his Kid Icarus developer videos and he dressed in those same floral shirts they seem to distribute to Japanese men when they reach their 40s.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Never thought I'd say this but this thread is making me nostalgic for 90s and early 00s fashion.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a normcore paradise, both the outfits, as well as the office decor and electronics.

Here are Ion Storm's founders. Tom Hall, John Romero, Warren Spector:

1494180-romero_3designers.jpg

And here's Chris Avellone back in the Planesape / Fallout days:

t6KNWaI.jpg

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Great thread, it would be wonderful if this stuff was being cataloged officially somewhere. I wonder if I have any early Treyarch photos laying around.

The shots of Cerny are especially a hoot, I meet with him a few times a year for work, well see if I have the nerve to mention any of them to him next time.

wild_fire

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is a normcore paradise, both the outfits, as well as the office decor and electronics.

Here are Ion Storm's founders. Tom Hall, John Romero, Warren Spector:

1494180-romero_3designers.jpg

I knew about the myth of the Romero hair, but I don't think I'd experienced it until I saw some of the pics in this thread.

Two pictures of Masahiro Sakurai taken back in 1999-2000
ph10_27.jpg

4-1-3.JPG

They're both sourced from Shigesato Itoi's website. Which should contain countless other photos of Nintendo employees.

The latter is particularly notable, as it's sourced from an interview around the launch of the original Smash Bros that mentions "Dragon King: The Fighting Game", the original concept for said game.
4-1-4.jpg

The western audience wouldn't get to learn about it until 2008, with the Iwata Asks interview for Smash Bros Brawl.
20 years later and he looks almost exactly the same.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Have another Kojima
W9H4oSc.jpg

Also this one is him plus some of his (non game directing) friends, if you can guess em
X3Duqsx.jpg

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Young Goichi Suda (AKA Suda51):

SUDA51.jpg

Suda51_Stylized_2305.jpg

Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya during Resident Evil 2 development:

BwVLz8FIUAAnaB1.jpg:large

BwVMmy9IEAEW9AJ.jpg:large

Hideo Kojima sometime in the 90s (seen someone with this as an avatar on here):
367570.jpg