• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
80s fan too old? Because I grew up with the 4 Cup Islanders Dynasty and nothing will ever top that for me. Most of these guys lived in my town and I had met most of them during that time.

Clark Gillies
John Tonelli
Bobby Nystrom
Mike Bossy - 50 goals in 50 games (I was at game 50)
Pat Lafontaine
Billy "Smitty" Smith
The Sutter Brothers

and of course Dennis Potvin

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Grew up in Pittsburgh in the 90's. Mario, Jagr, and Tom Barrasso were my guys.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
80s fan too old? Because I grew up with the 4 Cup Islanders Dynasty and nothing will ever top that for me. Most of these guys lived in my town and I had met most of them during that time.

Clark Gillies
John Tonelli
Bobby Nystrom
Pat Lafontaine
Billy "Smitty" Smith
The Sutter Brothers

How

Did

You

Leave

Off

Bryan

Fucking

Trottier

You monster

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Never forget the Lightning had a female goalie their expansion year. Manon Rhéaume , sure it was a publicity stunt for the new team but cool none the less.

MANON.jpg

Safety Orange

Oct 27, 2017
Hextall for his antics. Kari Takko for his cool white pads. Skorodenski (hawks) had the last cool painted mask that I remember. Hasek of course.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts

Clark Gillies
John Tonelli
Bobby Nystrom
Pat Lafontaine
Billy "Smitty" Smith
The Sutter Brothers

The last Dynasty

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
I like this thread.

If we are talking 90s:

Petr Klima

Supremely talented player. Was complete garbage during the Oilers 1990 cup run but he scored the triple OT goal against Andy Moog (a former Oiler who needs a shoutout in this thread) and the Bruins to secure my Oilers the win in the first game of the Staley Cup final. The game was the longest game in Stanly Cup Finals history and even had a 30-minute delay in overtime due to a power or electrical issue. I passed out but was woke up by my dad cheering and spilling some of his beer on me. Good memories haha

He really should have been an elite player but just didn't seem to figure it out. Still love him though for his contribution to my team's last cup run.

wPOnUOe.jpg

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Last bit on the Isles. My little piece of history. I went into the locker room the next year after the 80 Cup and had the guys sign this.
FwP2D1e.jpg

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Yo. Shout out to Panini Sticker books

EN6Wshf.jpg

Also did anyone collect Upper Deck cards? What was up with the beach shots of Pavel and Valeri Bure?! I used to think I was going to be rich with those rookie cards.

73t6BT1.png

9w8eMfD.png

Olorin

Oct 27, 2017
Scott Stevens, Niedermayer, Bobby Holeeeek, Fetisov, Martin Brodeur

Loved watching the Devils in the 90s. My mom worked for the Meadowlands and had free passes weekly.

blackhawk163

Oct 28, 2017
The whole of the '94 rangers
But more importantly Jeff Beukeboom.

I just loved how that rolled off the tongue.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
I only watched for a couple years in the late 90s but Patrick Roy seemed unbeatable to me.

BlueJay

Oct 27, 2017
Joe Sakic
Mario Lemieux
Steve Yzerman
Pavel Bure
Jaromir Jagr
Paul Kariya
Teeming Selaane
Dominik Hasek
Patrick Roy
Curtis Joseph

Man late 90s/early 2000s hockey was so good.

Oct 27, 2017
Dynamic Duo: Lemieux and Jagr

Beyond my childhood team though:
Roy
Hasek
Federov
Chelios
Forsberg
Bure

Love the Damphousse post above, haven't heard that name in a long time

Rukland

Oct 28, 2017
Seen so many named already that I would have. My list would go on and one. But I have not see Stu Barnes named anywhere

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Tony Amonte
Chris Chelios
Troy Murray
Gary Suter
Ed Belfour
Steve Larmer
Jeremy Roenick

It's too bad Roenick is such a piece of shit now.

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Pat LaFontaine and those old white, yellow, and blue Sabres jerseys were a force to be reckoned with.

I guess Denis Savard was more of an '80s guy but I remember him being pretty dang good on those Canadiens teams in the '90s

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Who in Toronto doesn't remember these Gilmour milk commercials? Some stores even sold tights with the cow print back then. lol