• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking your Thomas Sandstroms, your Luc Robitailles, your Jeff Hackets, your Neal Brotens, your Steve Larmers, etc...

Early 90s NHL had some fun guys

If you're old like me come be nostalgic with me.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from Detroit, so basically the entire Wings roster. And eventually Chris Chelios who I hated when he was a Blackhawk and frigging loved as a Wing.

My favorite player was Kozlov though.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Mike Foligno.

And I am just as in love with Marcus and Nick as well. I've been avoiding watching a lot of hockey ever since the Sabres traded away Marcus and entered an endless rebuild.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Mullet/Jofa helmet Jagr with the Pens….dude was incredible.

Others would be Esa Tikkanen, Geoff Courtnall, Pat LaFontaine, etc.

SuperBonk

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
John LeClair, Peter Forsberg, Mark Recchi, Paul Kariya.

Didn't really start watching until the mid 90s.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was at Pavel Bure's first Canucks game (checks date... November 5, 1991) which seemed like a big deal for the city at the time. I only followed hockey for a bit, mostly because friends were into it. I would rather play the EA Genesis games.

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Mellanby
Eric Lindros
Brett Hull
Joe Sakic

I tried to model my wrist shot like Sakic's, dude was so smooth firing the puck.

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from Detroit, so basically the entire Wings roster. And eventually Chris Chelios who I hated when he was a Blackhawk and frigging loved as a Wing.

My favorite player was Kozlov though.

Same but I gotta go with McCarty for beating Lemieux's ass and for that amazing goal against the Flyers in the 97 finals. Fucking legend.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Are we remembering some guys here? I am always down to remember some guys.

Remember

Arturs Irbe?
Sandis Ozolinsh?
Dale Hunter?
Alexei Yashin?
Geoff Courtnall?
Pierre Turgeon?

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Doug Gilmour
Theo Fleury (anti vax piece of shit now unfortunately)
Owen Nolan
Joe Nieuwendyk
Ziggy Palffy
Teemu Selanne

Also, 'memba these:

EMGzlHgU4AA_g8K.jpg

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ray Bourque. And I loved the fact that not only did the teams and league set him up at the end for a Stanley Cup win, but he was allowed to bring it back to Boston to celebrate with his longtime fans.

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ray Bourque
Teemu Selanne
Martin Straka
Patrick Roy
Felix Potvin

and one more time for good measure
Felix Potvin

dotpatrick

Oct 28, 2017
I was a big Felix Potvin and Todd Gill fan. The latter because I used him in NHL '93 for Genesis and had him scoring 30 goals every game. Wasn't even a Leafs fan.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Rob Zettler
Kelly Kisio
Dino Ciccarelli
Peter Ing
Vincent Damphousse
Brian Skrudland
Jyrki Lumme

Ok now I'm cheating and looking through my 1991 hockey cards for best hockey names