• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
-Newgrounds
-Ebaum's World
-SmileySmile.net (The Beach Boys forum)
-AllThingsWeezer
-TheStrokesNews
-Every Woody Allen Movie (Not to bring Woody Allen up, but this blog was incredible as I was getting into his movies in college. The blog writer wrote a huge, detailed piece about every single Woody Allen movie. Unfortunately the writer passed away and the blog is no longer up.)

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
10 years ago is not old or nostalgic lol, but that recent, I would say NeoGAF, of course. Just like ResetERA is now, it was the only website I visited on the regular.

20 years ago: BlastCity.net (I believe we still have some blasters on here from back in the day), Gaming-Age.com, ShinForce.com, PSX2Central.net

25 years ago? 95 was wild west days! I used to search on Hotbot, Webcrawler, and Altavista back then. Zophar's Domain back in about 97 back when Genecyst, Nesticle, and ZSNES were still the best emus out there. Damn, those were indeed the good old days.

Chairman Yang

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gaming Intelligence Agency

So sad when it dissolved. Filled with smart people writing smart things. Glad some of them are still in the game.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Ebaumsworld
Break.com
Holy Lemon
Mini-Clip
Addicting Games
Hamster Dance song
Gameinformer before their redesign
Newgrounds
Albino black sheep
Youtube when it was about posting random videos and not trying to make money
IGN
Gametrailers
G4TechTV
Neogaf
And other ones I'm sure people will remind me exist that I happened to forget.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation-modkit.com

I was in that hex-edit life, relinking videos to fit them on CDs. Not proud of it now, but I was a superstar for one shining moment right outta high school.

Imp

Dec 18, 2017
Lincoln, UK
HabboHotel swapping furni like a boss.

Coke Music which was similar to Habbo Hotel, I ended up winning a years supply of Coke through that.

OG RuneScape

Gamingring

Ign Smackdown boards

Newgrounds

Ebaumsworld

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
860e5588eb6ff73f41ff560fac2239b203e3e914.jpg

Loved the 'planet' series of gaming sites.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
I was super active on Nintendo's NSider forums.

Seen a couple of people mention that one already.

Oct 30, 2017
Serebii.net Forums.

I don't think it's as active as it was before, and I remember it being reaaaaally slow that it was easy to make double/triple posts.

Oct 28, 2017
I got a weird one for y'all. This AOL Members fan page that was running GameCube news. I remember it being like being one of my primary resources in 2001 for some reason, lol

Nintendo GAMECUBE - News Page

Welcome to the Nintendo GAMECUBE news page. When news breaks you will see it here! The future is almost here...

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Computerandvideogames.com

Maybe it was called something else before that. Wonder if it's archived somewhere?

TacoSupreme

Jul 26, 2019
As an oldschool CS player: Gotfrag. It makes me really sad that it's gone. There's a legacy of news reports, demos and scoreboards from my playing days that is just permanently gone now.

Oct 26, 2017
Shining Force Central was probably the first online forum I frequented, it didn't prepare me for the rest of the internet because everybody there was really nice. It's still going, just very quiet.
It was actually at a time when the Shining Force 3 trilogy were the most recent Shining games, not even the GBA remake had been released.

SafeTScissors

May 1, 2020
No idea what the URL was, but it was a website that had flash versions of a bunch of boardgames, like Sorry and Monopoly. I even joined a geocities site that ran ranked Monopoly tournaments, with stupid rules like not being able to buy any properties till you went around the board at least once, and when someone bought a property, they had the rites to all other properties that shared a color. For some reason I think it was games.com, but I'm not sure.

That, battleon.com, Gaia Online, and Zoids roll playing pages pretty much made up my entire internet experience as a child.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Around 2000, I moved and wanted to make friends quickly. I used the old IGN boards to talk about games and bluelight.nu to do meetups for partying. IGN switched things up and I bounced, but I made a ton of friends on bluelight and went to house parties and massives often. It was maybe my funnest time socially not involving my core friends back home.

Prinz Eugn

Oct 25, 2017
A hyper-obscure Lego fan site from the late 90s when I was around 9. I'm pretty sure my mom found it for me and I would read over the creation descriptions over and over since I thought it was so cool people made up their own Lego stories.

I always remembered the word adequate was involved in getting to it, and found it again a few years ago:

Pretty crazy time capsule from my youth, it was like seeing something from a dream when I found it as an adult.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Sonic Foundation, which I visited from 1999 to some point in the mid 2000s where after a server transfer most everyone stopped posting. It was still around in the early 2010s, but I only came in every few months or so. Then the site went down fully.

I was only 9 when I joined, but of course I pretended to be 13 to register. Besides Sonic discussion, I took part in the RPs and group fanfics a lot; more so later, unfortunately when the site was close to death. I regret not saving any of those.

CosmicPanda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The Sonic Foundation, which I visited from 1999 to some point in the mid 2000s where after a server transfer most everyone stopped posting. It was still around in the early 2010s, but I only came in every few months or so. Then the site went down fully.

I was only 9 when I joined, but of course I pretended to be 13 to register. Besides Sonic discussion, I took part in the RPs and group fanfics a lot; more so later, unfortunately when the site was close to death. I regret not saving any of those.
OMG thanks that was a blast from the past remeber that site would show wav sound clips of the sonic cartoons like sonic under ground and Satam? i remeber going on that site from 1999 to like 2002

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
NintendoNow, Team Xbox, CheatCC, Neoseeker... probably many more I can't remember.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I'll try to think of more, but these are the first ones that come to mind:

IGN (specifically the Casamassina/Bozon era)
Gametrailers
CheatPlanet
ZeldaUniverse
Newgrounds
Machinima

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
Yeah, posted lots of troll topics on GameFaqs such as "Solid Snake is a christian" and "Lightning is the best FF character". I definitely lost a lot of karma. Good times, but I'm too old for that shit now.

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of nostalgia coming up for me in this thread.

IGN64 and later regular IGN and the boards, around GameCube release or so.. I *think*.
Nintendojo
Nintendorks
other Nintendo fan sites I'm assuredly forgetting from those days
GameSpot
Gaming Age (and then obviously GAF and NeoGAF)
The Magic Box
Box Office Mojo
Computer and Video Games (CVG, right?)
Daily Radar
1UP
Used to play the hell out of a Star Wars MUD called KoBrA. My original MMORPG
CheatCC and GameFAQs for cheats/guides
YTMND
Lots of various Angelfire and Geocities fan sites that I'm struggling to remember the name of (Animorphs, Star Wars, Nintendo, etc)