• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
How is it in half the space when you can get washer dryers which are the same unit? I'm really confused.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, holy fuck. I can't help but think that at some point in the process of making this commercial some white person was super happy and felt quite clever.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's some shit. Another new one is the one with a cover of biz Markie with altered lyrics. They suck but I'll take these over a white girl singing a slow, twee, version.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
its ok they probably made a tweet supporting BLM a few months ago so they can do all the raps

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Should've done the whole song tbh

I don't have a problem with you washing clothes
But I got a little problem with you not washing clothes

I buy from LG as you can see
FBI don't you be watchin' me

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I understand the heartburn here, but the dude with the baby is an acquaintance of mine and he is a really popular dancer/choreographer. So at least there's some street cred there. Haha

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
He may be, but I am sure his family is happy. If they did things right, they are getting paid for this. Hopefully at least. The Wu was notorious for speaking on the ills of the record industry, so hopefully he retains at least some of the rights to his intellectual property.

Deleted member 83122

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 15, 2020
That is a major stretch to fit the product into the song, who are the ad wizards that came up with this idea? They had to know what the OG song was about. Let's throw a baby in there for good measure. I am guessing whoever is in charge of ODB's song bank doesn't get many offers for advertising, and I don't think ODB would want to make some dollars off of washing machine commercials.

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
That is a major stretch to fit the product into the song, who are the ad wizards that came up with this idea? They had to know what the OG song was about. Let's throw a baby in there for good measure. I am guessing whoever is in charge of ODB's song bank doesn't get many offers for advertising, and I don't think ODB would want to make some dollars off of washing machine commercials.
Eh, they've been twisting old rock songs that have very different meanings than the things they are advertising for a long long time.

remember when they used the Buffalo Springfield song "For What It's Worth", a protest song, to advertise Miller beer?

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
He may be, but I am sure his family is happy. If they did things right, they are getting paid for this. Hopefully at least. The Wu was notorious for speaking on the ills of the record industry, so hopefully he retains at least some of the rights to his intellectual property.

Chad and Pharrell had to sign off on it too. Also their publishers.

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017
Wow that's some shit. Another new one is the one with a cover of biz Markie with altered lyrics. They suck but I'll take these over a white girl singing a slow, twee, version.

I mean, Biz's is pretty much a cover of a 60s soul song, so who should really get the credit? Him or Freddie Scott?

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
There's a sandwich shop here called Old School Wrap that uses old school rapper names for their sandwiches.

Like the Eminham, the Naanorious B.I.G. And there's a special mustard you can add to your sandwiches called the Ol' Dirty Mustard.

It has absolutely no relevance to this thread, but it's trivia that I needed to share and I will never have another opportunity.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Can someone tell me how this saves space? It's not a washer-dryer combo, it's two stacked on one another.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing like ERA blaming white people for the most benign shit.

Not even that it matters, but the head of marketing for LG USA is an asian woman.

Source

Wait, the head of marketing for LG USA is an Asian woman???? I take back everything I said because this one individual isn't white.

Matter of fact ... it seems this bit of trivia has rewritten reality and has erased all instances of classic music by black artists being essentially stolen through shitty record label contracts and used for Coors Light commercials and the like.

I can't thank you enough for completely refuting my previous post, and for refuting the fabric of society at large

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's a sandwich shop here called Old School Wrap that uses old school rapper names for their sandwiches.

Like the Eminham, the Naanorious B.I.G. And there's a special mustard you can add to your sandwiches called the Ol' Dirty Mustard.

It has absolutely no relevance to this thread, but it's trivia that I needed to share and I will never have another opportunity.

tenor.gif

AtomLung

Oct 25, 2017
This song features the lyrics "I don't have no problem with you fucking me, but I have a little problem with you not fucking me". They aren't exactly desecrating a classic.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017

We have a place That serves juices and salad called Gangster Vegan in Baltimore.