• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I just get way more selective about what gets my time. If I play a game and feel any sort of frustration or boredom within the first 20 minutes or so, I move on. Having access to such a large library means I no longer bother with mediocre games. It has been fantastic.

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
I feel you OP. I only commit to one game at a time. Blood stained wasn't on radar till today's announcement. Let's see how soon I can get through links Awakening.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
Hah! Gamepass just turns out to be backlog 2.0

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Subscriptions like this are not for me, so I hope I don't get to the situation where I'm losing out, but for those who do like this, this is great value!

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel you. It really has become like Netflix for me. Have too many games to play right now and don't touch other consoles anymore out of convenience. Best thing to happen to gaming this gen. It's honestly too good to be true to the point I almost feel guilty and hope the Devs are being paid well for having their games on there.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
God bless Game Pass. :)
Xbox Game Pass is
tenor.gif
Lol

Oct 25, 2017
the ocean
So I was at my regular Gamestop store the other day, and asked how sales were for Gears 5. The employee said that no copies have been sold since release and many pre-orders were cancelled, presumably due to Game Pass. She lamented that she'll probably lose her job one day and that the store could close in the next 1-2 years. So yeah, Game Pass! Obviously Gamestop has its problems, but its sad to see that physical shops could die in part due to gamepass and accelerate the drive to an all digital future. I recently got into collecting physical Switch games. Guess there will always be niche stores though. Interesting though, how MS doesn't mind cannabilizing its own sales and prefers to promote its ecosystem above all else, since I guess its their strategy.

OP
OP
Jul 4, 2018
So I was at my regular Gamestop store the other day, and asked how sales were for Gears 5. The employee said that no copies have been sold since release and many pre-orders were cancelled, presumably due to Game Pass. She lamented that she'll probably lose her job one day and that the store could close in the next 1-2 years. So yeah, Game Pass! Obviously Gamestop has its problems, but its sad to see that physical shops could die in part due to gamepass and accelerate the drive to an all digital future. I recently got into collecting physical Switch games. Guess there will always be niche stores though. Interesting though, how MS doesn't mind cannabilizing its own sales and prefers to promote its ecosystem above all else, since I guess its their strategy.

:(

Is this viral marketing.

No of course not

Posted from my Kinect, beta tested in the future

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is different tho. Everything is in one place foe $10 a month. And we are talking new releases that you dont have to "rent". Plus the added bonus of the backing of a major platform holder.
Oh, now I get the spoon feed gif on op. In fact, the only real difference is that every game given away were scratched between plattaforms, so you had to keep a eye.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I've set a priority in playing through backlog games, but I'm down to less than 60 entries and Game Pass now has many titles I feel much more like jumping in compared to my leftover backlog titles. It's all about fun and entertainment so I think I will jump into more games from the service now.

Still want to try Vampyr, Metro Exodus, Devil May Cry 5, Life is Strange 2 (once the whole season releases), We Happy Few, Wolfenstein 1, Wolfenstein 2, The Bard's Tale IV (maybe choosing it over Operencia), The Surge, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Shenmue 1+2, Middle Earth games, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, Mutant Year Zero, Outer Wilds, Banner Saga 3, Bloostained, Moonlighter, Void Bastards, Yoku's Islands Express, The Garden's Between, The Flame in the Glood, Observer, Below, Tacoma, For the King, Guacamelee, Lego City Undercover, I need to continue with Ashen, I want to try out Monster Hunter World, continue with ESO, and play some more Cities Skylines and Stellaris on consoles just to test it... Phew.

I have played many other titles from the Game Pass catalogue but I think I will likely choose more of these titles listed above soon. When I go through my backlog at hltb, Game Pass games just seem a lot more appealing as much of their stuff is newer. The great thing about Game Pass is that you can really see if it is for you, while I probably wish I didn't own some of my backlog titles. I have even ended up discovering so many new franchises and bought some of the titles I loved but had a lowered entry barrier with (Devil May Cry and Hitman series for example). If you love it, you'll stick with it, if you don't, it doesn't matter so much either.

Last edited:

Charcoal

Nov 2, 2017
Gamestop was shit long before Game Pass.

Oct 25, 2017
Too many games to choose from OP? Yeah, that's how I feel whenever I open my Steam library. Then I just go back to playing the same game I've been playing for years lol.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Game Pass is terrible. It's given me carpal tunnel. It's ruined my game...outside of gaming. I need help. Someone call a doctor....and a therapist!

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
It's absurdly good. I'm in the same boat - work long hours, have a wife, tough to find a good amount of time to game. I need a long vacation.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
It really is insane. I've purchased 4 games this year and will buy two more. I've also put time in 27 game pass games. Some have been really special, some I've dropped pretty quickly.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
That's a perfect gif in OP, lol.

I need to try Dead Cells.
Hopefully people give Ninja Gaiden Black a chance before it leaves.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I do wish that I could purchase a Game Pass upgrade that would give me a 2 week staycation along with it.

Deleted member 5148

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Time is precious isn't it?

laugh at me all you want... I have now idea what a game pass is
and I didn't even care to google what it is before posting this.

But one thing is for sure ... I wont cross the DLC line
Hence I never bought FF12 or 14, nor do I pay for season passes, or netflix gaming type of services.

If one day console and disc become obsolete than I will get a console that plays netflix type of gaming but until than
I'm staying physical.

Nov 1, 2017
One thing i have really liked is my favourite genre seems to be extremely well catered for on Game Pass: The Metroidvania. Off the top of my head i have enjoyed Ori & the Blind Forest (obviously, one of the stars) Dandara, Hollow Knight, both Gucamelee games, Steamworld Dig 2 and most recently Yoku's Island Express. The last one in particular was a delightful little game that i would never have taken a chance on otherwise because the idea behind it seems like it wouldn't work (but it does).

Also not to mention thanks to Monster Hunter World coming to game pass that franchise finally clicked with me after bouncing hard off of the handheld versions of those games and I am extremely grateful.

I legitimately believe that we are in a time where it's not just games that make a console platform attractive, services and features are just as important. Sony arguably has the more prolific exclusives but Microsoft has enough of them (KI, FH4, Gear 5, Ori etc) and things like Game Pass/BC that push the Xbox far above my PS4 in terms of the console i enjoy the most. If this is what being in 2nd/3rd place (whatever it ends up as once this gen is done and dusted) is like then i wouldn't be mad if Sony wins the next upcoming generation if it means Microsoft continues to pull out all the stops in response.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Now imagine being on PC and having access to Game Pass, Humble Monthly, Twitch Prime, Origin Access Premier, Uplay+, etc etc etc etc

interesting side effect is gaining access to the same games 4 or 5 times

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
I bought an Xbox one just to take advantage of the 3 years of ultimate i got for free from those alienware codes lmao.

Absolutely spoiled for choice now

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like a great deal now, but once the trial price expires and they want you to pay $15 a month for Ultimate, it won't seem that way anymore. Enjoy it while you can.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
It seems like a great deal now, but once the trial price expires and they want you to pay $15 a month for Ultimate, it won't seem that way anymore. Enjoy it while you can.

I'm paying $15 (going back to $5 again soon) right now. No regret.

Currently playing Gears 5, Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Still got Shadow of War installed and need to finish the Halo Wars 2 campaign.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

It was a great deal back when we had to pay $10 for gamepass and $10 for Live. Getting gamepass for pc on top of that for $15 is still a fantastic deal.

Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
When I was unemployed with lots of time I only had 1 or 2 games I'd play for hours on end. Now that I have a job and responsibilities I have too many games and no time to play anything.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God, you just reminded me that the Outer Worlds is out in a month. Glad I picked up those two months for $2 deal going on with Game Pass. Will be nice to play that on PC at release.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Once xCloud & 5G roll out, it's a wrap. Being able to quickly jump into a game of Sea of Thieves from a phone on the go is the future.