• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bamboo

Oct 25, 2017
With the pigtails and the huge bow she also looks like some weird version of Sailor Moon.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pf1nkoEzFs1v11hun_1280.png

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Now put a crown on a male toad and show me Prince Toadstool.

It would probably still turn into a princess.

The what is Baby Peach?

WHAT IS BABY PEACH?

Well, we don't fully know the biology of the mushroom kingdom people.

For one we know the lowly toads are genderless (explained last year or so or whatever year captain toad treasure trackers came out) so they get to choose their gender identity.
What if the lowest form of Toads are basic creatures with evolution potential?
Special toads, like Toadette would be able to use crowns to evolve into a higher form (Peachette)
But Peach was a baby, so it's likely that Peach and other "royal" forms of toads are just born in the much more advanced, human form.

Perhaps feeding from the super mushrooms stimulates each toad variant differently towards their ultimate evolution potential?

Of course not, Miyamoto just makes shit up on the fly without explanation, but it's fun to try to make sense out of it.

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Mario (or should I say extended Donkey Kong) universe will never be the same.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peach is Peach.

Peachette is Toadette with an hat that transforms her in Peach. They probably made that to make Peach playable without having to change the entire game since peach is kidnaped on the game.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this kinda irked me too, lol. As silly as it seems, the Mario universe does have what feels like an internal logic of sorts. I mean, I couldn't break it down scientifically or anything (nor would I try), but most things in the Mario universe felt like they made sense on their own terms.

But Toadette transforming into a mutant version of another character? Ehh, not so much!

Dreavus

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jan 12, 2018
I think this is just a cute way to let us play as a "Peach" character while still leaving the story the same (re: Peach gets kidnapped). Not the most elegant solution.

They probably could have just switched Peach to a Mario 3D World fairy and had Peach as a regular character, but this kinda works too.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just make Daisy playable?

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
My theory: In Toad's societies, a femalle is very rare (hence why there are many Toads but we ever only see one Toadette). The princess Peach is the ruler, and Toadette is the next in line of sucession. But Toadette can only become princess (by using the Crown) the moment that Peach is not princess anymore. However, since Peach keeps getting kidnapped, the crowns Toadette finds in game can be used as a way for her to access her Princess form and help save Peach.

Pretty much a reverse Gerudo situation.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
what's the explanation?

When you first a Power Star in Odyssey Cappy mistakes it for "a power moon of a different shape", for the game purposes the power stars can also power up the Odyssey, just like Power Moons, this suggests the power stars originated the same way or similarly to power moons, the power moons apparently came from blocks that fell from the moon.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Where does the lore begin and end? Does that mean Daisy was a banished Toadette to Sarasaland? I can't wrap my head around this new lore.

Oct 25, 2017
Peach has always been a toad. The shrooms are just hats. Toadette simply removed her hat, put on the crown, and grew large.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I see the Peachette crown opened a Pandora's Box in the Mario fandom.

Thank you! But Nintendo isn't about that life because they can't handle how cool Daisy is. Someday, they will come to their senses about Daisy and include her in more games and give her her own.
She was playable in Super Mario Run. Heck, the double jump from Peachette originally came from Daisy's moveset in that game.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017