• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there is not even confirmed platforms. What happened? I remember that Trailer in 2018 and was 100% cinematic, have I missed something? there is no thread about the game here on ERA in a long time. I hope Ancel is still working on it.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
They made it sound like the most ambitious thing ever, so I wouldn't expect to see it any time soon (if ever).

Spyounet

Oct 25, 2017
The team is on the "strong part" of the development, so they cant communicate a lot like before. Just relax and wait to see it on XBOX4 and PS5.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
They've been releasing semi-regular updates here and there. At least, I get emails from them every now and then.

It's probably next-gen which is why platforms haven't been confirmed.

Kupo Kupopo

Jul 6, 2019
I mean, there is not even confirmed platforms. What happened? I remember that Trailer in 2018 and was 100% cinematic, have I missed something? there is no thread about the game here on ERA in a long time. I hope Ancel is still working on it.

i think the grateful dead said it best: 'for this is all a dream we dreamed one afternoon long ago...'

Oct 26, 2017
I expect nothing good.

Another open world GAAS filled with Microtransactions and filler content.

I'll be glad to be proved wrong, but man, Ubisoft is so disappointing.

Spyounet

Oct 25, 2017
It's next gen for like 10 years tbh, the project change many times, at first it was a sequel and not a prequel for example.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
We have definitely some in-game gameplay so we know it's in the works. It sounds very ambitious so it'll probably take a while. I fully expect a next-gen version with better graphics to be available. I just hope they keep a last-gen version.
I remember hearing a rumour about BG&E2 being on the next Nintendo console before the Switch was announced but I guess that was baseless? No way the Switch could run it.

Deleted member 1238

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you like the developers to crunch harder so that you can get your stupid little updates, or do you think you can be a little more patient and just let them make the game?

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
The game was announced super early and also it was always next gen.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Well, this is a weird thread. There's the Space Monkey Program keeping you up to date with development, there's this News about the character generator from 2 months ago, there was this video just before E3

and they showed off a lot of gameplay at the end of last year

They are in the middle of developing a game. These take time.

Also where is their Skull and Bones ship game?

The game seemingly changed a lot during development and was ultimately pushed back to 2020 at the earliest

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've released some dev diaries which showed some very early prototype gameplay footage. I'm pretty sure that it's a next-gen game, though, so I wouldn't expect to have a big blowout before the next-gen consoles are properly revealed.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
We've pretty much known since it was announced that it would be 3-4 years at least. It'll be next gen for sure.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
They could remaster the first... Steam version doesn't support controllers

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
They had a big reveal of just how crazy the scope of the game is around January. It's clearly for next gen (they said as much), so not really sure what you'd expect in the news cycle in Fall with the holiday game launch season.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
SoulfulDisastrousIchthyosaurs-size_restricted.gif

Obviously the game was announced a bit too early. Considering this is an Ubisoft game, the scope of the setting needs time to be crafted.

OP
OP
Hayama Akito

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Well, this is a weird thread. There's the Space Monkey Program keeping you up to date with development, there's this News about the character generator from 2 months ago, there was this video just before E3

and they showed off a lot of gameplay at the end of last year

They are in the middle of developing a game. These take time.

The game seemingly changed a lot during development and was ultimately pushed back to 2020 at the earliest

This is the reply I was waiting for. I didn't knew anything about this and Google didn't help me, so I was worried. Thank you. This was never a "release this shit now!!2!" thread lol.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
It's got to be next-gen only at this point, so I don't expect to hear anything until the PS5 / Scarlett official announcements come out.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IIRC they said that they were on Day 0 of development when the trailer dropped.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
This is the reply I was waiting for. I didn't knew anything about this and Google didn't help me, so I was worried. Thank you. This was never a "release this shit now!!2!" thread lol.
You can see on the most recent video that data streaming is out of this world. The game is clearly done with SSD in mind. It is simply the first next gen game we are seeing in real time.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
They've given no indication it would be done any time soon, so to answer your questions... Exactly where everyone expected it to be.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Everyone made fun of me when I made a thread asking about where is Gods and Monsters.

I am convinced that BGE2, Gods and Monsters, Splinter Cell and Skull & Bones are all nextgen titles. lol.

BGE2 literally got a CGI reveal in 2017, and then a gameplay reveal in 2018 with thoughts and ideas of a beta by late 2019 or 2020. This E3 2019 they said they had no footage to show other than concept art and they said they are moving studios.

I bet you BGE2 gets shown in detail at E3 2020 for a 2020 beta or 2021 beta. And out late 2021 or 2022.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I honestly don't even care anymore. It's been so long, and it's changed and been teased and discussed so much. And the last mention of it, while interesting, isn't exactly what I had been wanting/expecting. So if it ever does release, I'm not sure if I'll be there with it.

Splinter Cell is almost to that point too. And I've given up hope entirely for Prince of Persia. Ubisoft just hasn't been doing pretty well with some of their IPs recently in my book.