• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallaboo

Nov 2, 2017
I've got a feeling Dirt Rally 2 is going to be inferior to the first game, also want Anthem to be good but something makes me think it's gonna blow chunks after all the Battlefront 2/BFV drama.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol at Days Gone being "hyped". I've seen virtually nothing but shitting on that game on here to the point I actually avoid threads on it for the most part now.

My money is on Devil May Cry V and Anthem.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read the spoiler thread, but had someone summarise it, and yeah, it's gonna be Kingdom Hearts 3. There's gonna be some meltdowns.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Metro Exodus (kinda?)

I really hope it will be good but I'm still not sold on the open world approach. I think 2033 and LL were as good as they were because of the limited exploration options and the atmosphere it created.

+1 for Anthem though

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a definitive reason why so many people here are doubting Anthem's potential success? Is it just the quality of DA: I and ME: A?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 3 - I think the convoluted story will do nothing for casual fans, alienate the uninitiated and polarize the diehard fans.

Anthem - I hope to hell this game succeeds because of how much BioWare needs it to hit. That being said, the talent at BioWare responsible for their past hits aren't at the company anymore and they just seem directionless.

Shenmue 3 - This was never going to be very good but the hardcore fans will appreciate the story.

Gears 5 - Will be a solid SP experience but will feel like a relic of a generation long past.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
sadly, i think it'll be metroid prime 4. i don't want it to be disappointing, but given who's making it, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that it will be. i'm looking forward to the game since i love metroid, but i can;t say i'm optimistic.

anthem i think will do well. it's the kind of game people seem to lap up these days, regardless of quality. if people can rave about the division and destiny, i have no doubt they'll rave about anthem. not interested in this one at all given what the game is and biowares recent output.

days gone doesn't seem to have any wild expectations associated with it. from what i understand they're a comparatively small studio. it's not got some inflated RDR2-like budget and so i think if anything it's going to be a surprising success given what they've put into it. cautiously optimistic about this one.

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Forgive my ignorance, but is there a definitive reason why so many people here are doubting Anthem's potential success? Is it just the quality of DA: I and ME: A?
Pretty much. Those were BioWare's last two games and they were both disappointing for a lot of people. So I don't really give them the benefit of the doubt for Anthem.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
lol at Days Gone being "hyped". I've seen virtually nothing but shitting on that game on here to the point I actually avoid threads on it for the most part now.

My money is on Devil May Cry V and Anthem.
lol at Anthem being "hyped". I've seen virtually nothing but shitting on that game on here to the point I actually avoid threads on it for the most part now.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
KH3.. people have such high expectations for the ending of a 13 year trilogy ending... it's just gonna be FFXV all over again. I loved that one though.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Anthem will be labeled unfinished at release. Thats just the reality of online only games at launch nowadays. Plus its Bioware and EA.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
God, these KHIII comments are worrying me. If it's anything like KHII, I should be content. But it is a shame if they didn't pack it full of content like KHIIFM+, though I guess that'll just be DLC.

I don't think DMCV will be a disappointment at all. Maybe something about Vergil will be, but otherwise I reckon it'll be a well received game. Generally, I have better expectations from Capcom in 2019 than say, Square Enix.

Aug 29, 2018
Kingdom hearts 3. Continuing a convoluted story even many fans weren't too attached to after a messy second installment plot wise was a big mistake and takes away from the essence of why KH had potential to be so commercially huge

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see anything that stands out as being a huge failure like Fallout 76 this past year yet.

I'm not into the type of game, but what I have seen of Anthem looks solid. I don't know how they are going to handle the mtx around the game, that is what would worry me the most.

Crackdown 3 is the game I'd be worried about most. So many delays and we still haven't seen much in terms of change from what was initially announced eons ago.

Days Gone is something that won't be to my taste I think, but it will do well commercially and it will at least do fine critically (75+).

Fire Emblem: Three Houses is something I'm mildly worried about from Nintendo. Intelligent Systems has been a bit more hit and miss lately than they normally have been between the shaky Paper Mario entries, the divisive Fire Emblem Fates, and the commercial bomb of Codename STEAM. Anything else from Nintendo I think will be delayed or not shown until they are in fine form, this goes for Metroid Prime 4, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion, Town, Bayonetta 3, etc.

Shenmue 3 is a good contender for me though. Kingdom Hearts 3 may not be a game worthy of a 14 year gap in mainline entries.

Last edited:

requiem

Dec 3, 2017
It just looks ugly. For a 2d metroidvania in this day and age thats enough to disappoint
I think it looks more than ugly...hideous in fact. I feel like going 2.5D was a bad decision in light of metroidvania masterpieces like Hollow Knight and Guacamelee 2 coming out recently with gorgeous and interesting art styles.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Days Gone will get good scores but won't make a big splash or anything. It will come and go with satisfactory sales and scores.

My bet is also on Anthem... it looks awesome but is has Destiny 1 vanilla written all over it. I predict there will be severe criticism about the content and business model.

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
The Division 2 because nowdays any online game turns into a fans raging mess within weeks of its launch;

Death Stranding if it releases this year because it feels like a smaller game than what people are expecting, I think Kojima went for a moderately small game to have an easy time with his new studio but all the trailers hyped up the fans and there's no turning back;

Ghost of Tsushima because a western team making a game set in Japan is like asking for an argument about interpretation of the japanese culture (still far less likely than the ones above and even if this happens it's still going to sell a lot);

Luigi's Mansion 3 since it's likely made by Next Level Games and I think the backlash for Federation Force hurt them a lot, the game seems to take inspiration fro. Luigi's Mansion 2 as opposed to the original (which is what most fans want) and I already heard some people complaining about the visuals. (like GoT, less likely, still gona sell a crapload);

The Outer Worlds: people take as granted this will be New Vegas 2 after one trailer, I don't think it'll be bad, but I'd wait a little longer before making such an assumption even if the developers are the same

Deleted member 37739

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
I think it looks more than ugly...hideous in fact. I feel like going 2.5D was a bad decision in light of metroidvania masterpieces like Hollow Knight and Guacamelee 2 coming out recently with gorgeous and interesting art styles.

Monster Boy too... with the amount of memory bandwidth consoles have these days, 2D games can look truly phenomenal.

For me, Bloodstained: RotN isn't looking great at all - I wouldn't be too shocked if it wound up a bigger disappointment than Mighty No. 9.

Last edited:

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone - It's going to be mediocre.
TLOU2 - It's going to be polished, but nowhere near the impact of the first game.
Shenmue 3 - Shenmue fans will like what it offers, but it won't make a big splash.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Anthem, Kingdom Hearts 3, Bloodstained, Day's Gone, Crackdown 3, and Far Cry New Dawn are all primed for meh/10

so many people have a weird doom boner for anthem

I'm not enthusiastic for any game to fail (save for the ones made by complete shitheads), but Anthem has doom written all over it.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Days Gone.

It seems like just another zombie game when zombies are so done to death.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Can someone tell me with no spoilers why Kingdom Hearts 3 is disappointing the leakers?
I was tempted to check the threads, but expected to be spoiled.
KH is known for a dumpster fire of a plot, is it that?
Because I'm in it for the gameplay, does that disappoint?

Duderino

Nov 2, 2017
Lots of Days Gone answers but does it even have high enough expectations to disappoint?

Of course. It's a Sony 1st party exclusive that millions have either followed coverage of or played (Days Gone has been quite popular at conventions as of late). This really shouldn't be up for debate, but the internet sure loves conjecture.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Official Staff Communication
This thread is mostly based on pessimistic guesses and hasn't produced much in terms of quality discussions, so we're closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.