• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

whats the better game?

• Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2... Lights out! Guerrilla Radio!

Votes: 888 52.2%
  • Tony hawk Pro Skater 3... Revert changed EVERYTHING!

Votes: 787 46.3%
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skate r 5 /s lol jk

Votes: 25 1.5%

• Total voters

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
I grew up during the PlayStation 1 era. I liked skateboarding, I had so many friends that were into it too, we even had a dedicated skate park. I was even into the kind of music the game had.

Yet this series completely flew me by. I didn't even know it existed until years later. I missed out big time.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Airport is the game changer.

Fuck these games were so awesome :')

Underground's OST was the best tho, introduced me to so much dope "underground" (heh) hip-hop.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Does 2x count?

7aeeffd2-5a53-4b38-9b35-9b9c7f0247c3_1.4344d74f1b3efaf87aa3851ad379f236.jpeg

side note, is there any way to play these games now or would I have to dig up an old console

2X runs seriously well on 360

SamWilson

Alt account
Banned
Mar 14, 2019
THPS3

Better maps (Cruise Ship, Airport, and Los Angeles were my favorites) and better secret characters (Darth Maul and Wolverine).

Mao Rome

Dec 22, 2018
It's a trick question, the real answer is Tony Hawk's American Wasteland.

Last edited:

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Both are great titles, but I think 3 takes the crown.

Gameplay is so much faster than in 2 and the addition of the revert made combos so much easier to keep going. Not to mention the levels are pretty expansive and the soundtrack is killer.

Underground is still the GOAT for me tho

goodsines

Oct 28, 2017
Colorado
Very fond memories of THPS2. The soundtrack, the levels...I also really enjoyed 3, but if I had to give it to one of them it'd be 2. Spent way more time with it and spent countless hours playing Skate Heaven as a kid.

Deleted member 47942

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2018
I spent so much damn time playing THPS2 with the park editor as a kid.

Even got a DexDrive so I could play other peoples levels.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
THPS3 is top ten GOAT material for me, so that one.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
THPS2 felt more "classic" at the time, but in retrospect

3 has a better soundtrack
3 has revert which is totally an essential feature
it's sort of a push on maps

bender

Oct 27, 2017
THPS2. I prefer the levels and as the series progressed and the scores got more and more out of hand due to combo linking abilities, I enjoyed the series less.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
THPS3 is the only one I've gone back to after newer games have come out. Never bothered to go back to 1 without the Manual and never went back to 2 again without the Revert.

If I wanted to play Tony Hawk right now, I would play THPS3 in a PS2 emulator.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
haha, I don't even know.

I love them both equally. TH3 had peak mechanics, but 2 more nostalgia for me. If I had to choose, THPS3 because I liked the gameplay and levels more. And the Xbox version in particular because it had extra stuff. Really close is THPS2 on Dreamcast.

One of my better refund actions was returning THPS4, which I didn't like much, and taking a cheap THPS3 copy + the rest of my cash back. I initially decided to buy 4 because I had played 3 loads on PC (which wasn't that good of a version), but I ended up playing the Xbox version of 3 for months.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
T.H.U.G. 1 holds a special place in my heart personally. Had a great rags to riches story mode where you can use a created character. Great stage and trick customization. I'm a big fan of the revamped combo system(forgot the term for it) letting you get off your skateboard in order to continue combos. Stage selection was great. Had a pretty fun online mode. Soundtrack was excellent. So i'd have to go with T.H.U.G. 1 personally.

This is considering that I haven't really played any of the previous Tony Hawk entries.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
As much as THPS3 turned the series into the complete package, its levels and soundtrack paled in comparison to 2.

jesterkap2

Oct 28, 2017
I think two was amazing, but I played so much of 3 over a spring break. Beat it with every character and unlocked everything. It's one of the best games of all time. The revert just brought everything full circle. It was the last essential addition to the formula.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, 3 loosing by only 1%. Seems the games have a perfect split fanbase.
I voted 3 and would defend that as the best one until my dying day, but they're both excellent games with tons of great maps. I don't think you could really be too surprised at people appreciating one over the other.

This series was so insanely good at one point. Even the GBA versions of these games were amazing.

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
I voted 3 and would defend that as the best one until my dying day, but they're both excellent games with tons of great maps. I don't think you could really be too surprised at people appreciating one over the other.

This series was so insanely good at one point. Even the GBA versions of these games were amazing.
Yeah, i voted for 3 cause it has a song i like. if it didn't i would be racking my brains out to pick.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
While I will admit the revert changed the series anyone who says the levels in THPS3 are better is high.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
The answer is THUG.

Between these two, though, I'll go with THPS3. It's just far more polished, to my recollection.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I thought long and hard on this, but I think 3 inches it out on the strength of the skating mechanics. 2 had the stronger soundtrack though, which is VERY important.

Still wondering how people can think THPS3 maps are awesome. They pale in comparison to basically all other THPS besides maybe THPS1.

THPS3 is probably the least good of the first 4 games. I thought it was great when I first got it, but just played it last week and...it has not aged well.