• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BEst NFS game

• Hot Pursuit 2 (ps2 version) (those police chases were crazy!)

Votes: 123 17.8%
  • Underground 1 ( to the window to the wall!)

Votes: 131 19.0%
  • Underground 2 ( riders on the storm, open world) DAT Cingular wireless. icon.

Votes: 192 27.8%
  • Most Wanted 2005 ( those police chases, dat BMW M3!)

Votes: 244 35.4%

• Total voters

Adroitone

Nov 12, 2017
Underground series by a HUGE margin for me! I chose Underground 1 because I felt the drag racing big part 1 was much more intense compared to part 2. Both are around my top 10 favorite racers.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit for me. I played that game to death

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Porsche Unleashed followed by the very first NFS. I liked when they were a bit less arcade, a huge pile of the series has awful trainlike driving.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Out of the ones in the poll, Most Wanted. I really liked Underground as well but I never owned them. My favorite though is the Hot Pursuit remake on PS3. That shit was really damn fun. The Most Wanted remake was a disappointment on the other hand.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
I'd vote for Porsche, then either The Need for Speed or Need for Speed II. None of them hold up well to this day but they are my favourite NFS games overall.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
I love how dated the Need for Speed games are. It's like a time warp jumping back into some of them. That being said, Most Wanted is the best.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
The open world in underground 2 changed the racing genre.

Did it? Thats a shame, I played a bit of it recently, and while Ill admit its like a decade or more dated by now, I didnt like it compared to Underground 1. And the terrible open world was why. It feels like busy work. Legit wireless company logos... I was like "Does cingular even exist anymore?" But seriously, Ive also played a little of the recent Heat and dislike it for the same reason.

"If you wanna race, head on over to blah blah blah on the other side of this suspiciously large but damn near traffic free town". Damn man... Yall cant add a warp button for those of us who don't want to sight see your terrible 'open world'? Shit had me heated.