• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BEst NFS game

• Hot Pursuit 2 (ps2 version) (those police chases were crazy!)

Votes: 123 17.8%
  • Underground 1 ( to the window to the wall!)

Votes: 131 19.0%
  • Underground 2 ( riders on the storm, open world) DAT Cingular wireless. icon.

Votes: 192 27.8%
  • Most Wanted 2005 ( those police chases, dat BMW M3!)

Votes: 244 35.4%

• Total voters

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
One thing I really really miss is ProStreet, the atmosphere of it was top notch and some of the physics were pretty neat with it leaning more towards the sim side rather than the usual arcade fare.
the new one is taking notes from it, which I think is quite awesome

anyways, of the ones I recently played:
MW (2005) > Underground > Underground 2 > Hot Pursuit (2010)

Most wanted's cop chases are fun yet challenging, the racing is still good, and the open world has a great flow to it yet a bit complex so shortcuts aren't always a win. The plot is full of cheese and ham, only enhanced by the very serious cops.

Underground has great track flow, plenty of corny dialogue pre-race and after sometimes, and said "Yeah, I'm the fast and the furious, so what." Being able to make your car look like a trainwreck has never been easier or more fun.

Underground 2 has a map traced from a world head's pasta dinner falling on the ground, the SUV racing is amusing at best and completely annoying at worst, and there's like 300 events that use the same races. UGL is interesting, although some of the end game races with it are bad, street x is just UG1 drift maps recycled, and half of the map is real life advertisements.

Hot Pursuit (2010) is worse OutRun2 with car stats

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia
None of those.

600full-need-for-speed-iii:-hot-pursuit-cover.jpg

PC VERSION.
The game that got me into PC gaming. Still have my disc inside my current PC so I can play it from time to time.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
all those people posting about HP2 but none of you even linked the best part about the game

This is the best intro to any racing game period and looks amazing even 17 years later

Rojiraan

Oct 30, 2017
Paris, France
As above, NFS III: Hot Pursuit, PC Version, mixed with some good mods from NFSCars.

There's something unique about this game I miss. When I see the autumn leaves of Hometown or the magnificent futuristic race of Atlantica, I... I don't know. Yeah I think NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 was maybe the last one giving me this authentic NFS vibe, but I can't really say that for sure because I didn't really play the others. I honestly don't understand why EA need to stick with these cheesy scenarios. Enough of american block-busteresque humans behavior. Give us Cars, Ambiance, fresh UI Aesthetic (NFS HP 2010 was great on this point), memorable Races...

So, yes, NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 was good, but in terms of gameplay and handling, it felt more like Burnout Paradise had a children with Outrun.

Oh, and Porsche Unleashed was unique. One of the bests NFS too. High Skates wasn't bad either. And I need to play Hot Pursuit 2. The PS2 version seems to have a particular cars handling.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I love Hot Pursuit 2, but I think my favorite is the Hot Pursuit reboot by Criterion. Great handling model. Really fun.

score01

Oct 27, 2017
No love for the original NFS? That was a game changer. It's all been downhill since then.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a very close call between underground and Most Wanted for me but I picked MW, that game was incredible.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Underground 2 logo fucks with my eyes every time. It's so bad.

I remember selling so many copies of the Underground series in my retail days but my heart will always be with the launch 360 Hot Pursuit

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
It's Underground 2 or Carbon imo. Most Wanted 2005 is outstanding and would easily take the top spot, but the mandatory police challenges got fucking ludicrously hard and annoying in the late game. I think Carbon is the most underrated and might be the best overall.

Oct 25, 2017
My most played NFS game was Underground 2. It felt really great at the time, and cool soundtrack. But I'd still say Most Wanted was the better game.

Deleted member 35204

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Underground 2 is the only true answer.
Most Wanted would have had a chance if it wasn't for the piss/sepia filter and only daytime gameplay.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Criterion's NFS Hot Pursuit. I still play it regularly to this day. Not only the best NFS, but the best racing game in general imo.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Most Wanted is almost the perfect NFS - nerve wracking police chases, on point soundtrack, customisation and a story that is flawless in tone. I'd have preferred more run of the mill cars which is why I put Underground 2 very close to MW, but otherwise there is a strong reason after all these years they still keep trying to recreate the magic of MW05. Sadly I think Black Box were the only team that could ever have done that, and they were ran into the ground by EA.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Underground

Until Need for Speed returns to that formula I will never buy a game of that series again.

Streets of Rage

Alt account
Banned
Jun 26, 2019
Out of those presented, it was NFSU2. Best game, even bought a controller for my PC back then, just to comfortably play the demo.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Most Wanted > Underground 1 = Hot Pursuit 2 >>>>> Underground 2 (honestly, I didn't like U2 at all, open world was a chore)

Last edited:

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Those in the poll are not my choice but Most Wanted was best of them

Best NFS all over are the classics by Distinctive Software (EA Canada) NFS 1-5.

5pectre

Nov 16, 2017
Out of those listed it's Underground 2 for me.

But the REAL answer is Need for Speed: Hot Persuit (2010)

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
713ie-Hl2mL._AA1081_.jpg

It was Need For Burnout more than anything. But I always preferred the Burnout games to NFS so this gets my vote.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Hot Pursuit 2010, then Most Wanted 2012. Criterion were true masters of racing games. Shame what happened to them.

Kayant

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most Wanted 2005 is near untouchable in my eyes. Underground 1 was also great. Didn't really play much of Underground 2 but remember not liking it as much as 1.

Deleted member 7948

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NFSIV High Stakes and Porsche Unleashed.

Out of those in OP, it's HP2. I'm not a fan of open-world in racing games, so NFSU2 and MW2005 never grabbed my attention. Actually, I think I completed the mission mode in MW2005 but barely touched the campaign.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How on earth is Most Wanted winning this, didn't like that game at all. Of those Underground 2 but the best are the Criterion games, with Hot Pursuit being the best of those.