• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to build myself.

I don't want to build myself.

I DON'T WANT TO BUILD MYSELF.

Now that that's out of the way........

I DON'T WANT TO BUILD MYSELF.

Where can I exchange money for awesome gaming PC, no strings attached?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I would check local shops first, they usually have decent deals and you can customize a bit and you have local support it

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do you still want it custom built (like you select the parts)? I know there are some businesses that have you select what you want and can charge you to build it for you.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You should build...

I mean ive seen good deals on clearance Gaming Desktops on Walmart and even good sales at Best Buy so those are my picks

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you should probably say what "awesome" is (You wanna run VR games, stream, etc) but my sister got a pretty good one off Amazon during black friday

Altair

Jan 11, 2018

giphy.gif

That's probably the worst place to buy one.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Bestbuy is usually really decent with sales, and if you know what you're looking for you can get a really decent rig.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
ok im gonna ask why you dont want to build it yourself?

do you think it will be difficult and you might break something?

Why do people always have to ask this? Some people just don't want to spend the time building a PC. There's nothing wrong with that either, but people think it's a crime for some reason.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't bought a pre-built in like 20 years but the problem people always had with them is that they'd cheap out on the power supply or the motherboard to squeeze any profit out of it.

So definitely avoid anyone that still does that.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
eBay retailers have been really good in my experience. You can get them cheaper without an OS and they usually give you a 3-year guarantee.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It is always a bit cringey, when you are on the internet and you have a question about getting a new computer there is always a cultish chant "Why don't you build itself". Some times people don't have the time, skill, or just plain don't want to.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best option is to get the parts you want, then have someone do it for you. That's usually a $75 or so service, but overall that's still a bit cheaper than a pre-built, and you know the part quality.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Buy a stock PC, swap out the PSU and put in a graphics card has been what I've done the last 3 times.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Why do people always have to ask this? Some people just don't want to spend the time building a PC. There's nothing wrong with that either, but people think it's a crime for some reason.
This is the PC Master race! We have evidence that you didn't build your own gaming PC and we are detaining you at this time! May god have mercy on your soul.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
It is always a bit cringey, when you are on the internet and you have a question about getting a new computer there is always a cultish chant "Why don't you build itself". Some times people don't have the time, skill, or just plain don't want to.
The anxiety of building it wrong makes sense to me. Maybe is very easy but when spending a lot of money, you don't want it easy, you want it done.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Micro center or Best Buy

You can also find good deals in amazon too

I got mine back in November from Best Buy

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I just built a PC on my own for the first time last year and it was kind of a hassle in my eyes so I understand why the OP doesn't want to build anything. That being said I'm satisfied with my build and I'll probably never buy a pre-built PC ever again.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure but definitely pay someone to build it for you. DONT buy a prebuilt Dell machine because it's not compatible with a lot of parts. If you ever want to upgrade it in the future it's a pain in the ass.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I'd take a look at cyberpower Pc. My rig from them via amazon was cheaper than building it myself.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Building my own pc and replacing parts is one of my proudest parts of my life.

However, if you're still insisting on prebuilt, newegg would be a good place to look. My first gaming pc was an ibuypower, and it was good. Funny enough after years of replacing pretty much every part my pc still says ibuypower in windows lol.

Deleted member 26394

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Warned: Antagonizing other users and hostility over a series of posts
It requires no skill other than being able to read the manual that comes with the motherboard.
If you don't have the time to build it, you don't have the time to use it, so why spend the money.
The one with twice/four times the ram and more storage space... (unless you want the extra core for epeen reasons.)

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The anxiety of building it wrong makes sense to me. Maybe is very easy but when spending a lot of money, you don't want it easy, you want it done.
After you've built one though, you realize how fragile they are and how easily something could become damaged or dislodged in transit. I would never order a PC online.

The one with twice/four times the ram and more storage space... (unless you want the extra core for epeen reasons.)
I would not spend money on anything less than 8 physical cores in 2020. Not with next-gen consoles coming in the fall.