• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
its because hes black.

if it was a cute white dude i doubt she would have reacted the way she did. people dont care what you do when your attractive.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
If its in public it's in public
as long as you're not a coward using a long lens to get creepy candid pics

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I saw this elsewhere. My dude was .... like extremely calm explaining himself. "Your paranoia is unwarranted". I would say my only issue here is photographing in public but wanting to cover her camera when she turns hers on you. If you are filming people publicly and saying the law backs you, then at least afford others the same.

But at the same time, I saw that he did that AFTER she threateningly tells him she's going to show this to her "15 million followers" /rolleyes. Which is basically "I'm going to sick my fans on you" in about as blatant a manner as possible. That after he was respectful in the confrontation.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
@hilaryduff GOOD FOR U! This makes me soooooo mad! I thought that @jennifer.garner @halleberry & others helped get the law changed in CA where what that creep did *IS* illegal?! Did i get that wrong? Good for u mama bear! Sending u and your beautiful family oodles of love and light! Kids should be protected.

:lol

she's just a mama bear protecting her cubs
it's some coincidence this is the dark man that always in the background when children disappear.
he'll pull out his ID and it says John Q. Candyman, III.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
When she said "I'll post this for my 15 million followers" – gross. She could've done what she did without saying that OR posting it at all.

Also, this lady's comment especially irked me: "This guy is a creep and maybe worse. Has nothing to do with being a public figure. He's immoral and unethical and Ms. Duff acted like any caring parent would - and should - act."

Hmm I wonder why she thinks that...

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Paparazzi? Fuck 'em.

This dude? He wasn't doing anything wrong.

She was just on a self righteous kick right here and didn't care if she made this guy, who was doing nothing wrong, seem like a pedophile to her 14.6 million followers. That's fucked.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys really don't find it creepy that he's out there taking pictures of a kids soccer game when he doesn't have a kid playing in it?

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
When she said "I'll post this for my 15 million followers" – gross. She could've done what she did without saying that OR posting it at all.

Also, this lady's comment especially irked me: "This guy is a creep and maybe worse. Has nothing to do with being a public figure. He's immoral and unethical and Ms. Duff acted like any caring parent would - and should - act."

Hmm I wonder why she thinks that...
I'm surprised some guy didn't try to get tough and threaten to beat the guy up.

End of the day he would be in jail and the photographer would still be shooting.

Plus I'm pretty sure he is shooting the new mirrorless and I'm pretty jealous.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Given that they're just children, I think it'd make sense to at least ask the parents if they're okay with him photographing them. I don't fault any parent for not liking the idea of a stranger photographing their kids.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
On the title of this thread alone, I agreed with her, especially considering who and where she is. If some person who I didn't know was taking pictures of my kids' games, I'd be a little weirded out. If I had to deal with paparazzi, especially from a young age like her, I'd be pretty pissed personally.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
You guys really don't find it creepy that he's out there taking pictures of a kids soccer game when he doesn't have a kid playing in it?
so you think every photographer everywhere is somehow related to the people they take snaps of?

i know as soon as he saw her camera out and heard her go "um, excuse me, who are you with?!" he knew he was in for a swell time

Last edited:

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Photographers tend to get paid for gigs like this. Sites will buy up pictures from local photographers and then offer them for sale so all those parents can have cool action shots of Little Johnny that their iPhones can't capture.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If you look on IG there are probaby hundreds of thousands of pictures of people (kids included) with pictures taken with out their permission. I do that shit all the time at sunset. Adds to the picture.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
so you think every photographer everywhere is somehow related to the people they take snaps of?
If not related, they should at least be affiliated with the team or grounds. I think it's weird and rude for anybody to be taking pictures of someone without some level of concent. Yeah, it's your job/hobby, but the least you can do is have a little courtesy and get permission.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a " they are both right, whaddya gonna do?" situation.

No one in public has a reasonable expectation of privacy from being photographed. At the same time it's annoying having your kids photographed by the public, especially knowing there's always a chance the person with the camera is a perv.

I've started taking a photo back of anyone that photos my kids.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
If not related, they should at least be affiliated with the team or grounds. I think it's weird and rude for anybody to be taking pictures of someone without some level of concent. Yeah, it's your job/hobby, but the least you can do is have a little courtesy and get permission.
thats not how this works thatsnothowanyofthisworks

if you ever played kiddie sport, often it happens in public spaces, there are no formal "organized teams" and hardly any formal "grounds". you just paid 75 bucks to rent a jersey for your child and give them the privilege to play on a ball team in a community park.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It's a tough one. I'd probably avoid taking pictures of kids (or even near kids) if I were practicing photography, simply because I know that how innocent the activity is matters less than how innocent it looks.

The guy is obviously within his rights, but it's dangerous territory.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"[T]he police were, you know, pretty dismissive of me, saying, 'What do you want us to do? You're at a public park,'"

lol, pretty much

That said, everything's creepier with a long camera lens

I swear if I have to add /s at the end of that...

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, his race made it obvious he didn't have a kid on the field. He would have been left alone if he was a white dude.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
thats not how this works thatsnothowanyofthisworks
I never said it was illegal. It's fucking rude. Your an entitled ass to think otherwise. Some people don't want their image plastered all over the internet, or worse, some strangers fucking wall.

It's a damned invasion of privacy regardless of what the law says.

birdinsky

Jun 10, 2019
Legally, public is public, and I understand that.

Personally, I abhor getting my picture taken WITH my consent, never mind without. Fuck photographers who are shooting people in public, including paparazzi and random joe schmoe. Shrug.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never said it was illegal. It's fucking rude. Your an entitled ass to think otherwise. Some people don't want their image plastered all over the internet, or worse, some strangers fucking wall.

Then honestly don't go outside. Once you are outside in a public space you give up privacy.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Well it wouldn't really change anything because it's not against the law to shoot the public.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Selling them as stock photos, selling them to local news papers, to local schools, to the athletic organization, etc, etc.

When your a photographer you have to hustle.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
People should be able to take pics of whatever they want, and if they are specifically using images of people for profit they should get consent as far as papparazzi goes. Like if you're taking pictures of people for the express purpose of selling those images for profit, with the exception of journalists. Thing is papparazzi can just call themselves journalists so nothing can really be done. But that should only be determined after the pictures are sold, up to that point I don't think you have much standing to tell anyone they can't take pictures in a public place.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
How about I set up a camera outside your door? It's public and therefore legal. How would you feel about that?
so you go from taking pictures of kids at a soccer match to posting up at my front door from across the street because you're a reasonable person?
as long as you're not on my lawn, go ahead and knock yourself out.

photogs snap pics everywhere. she can be paranoid and feel unsafe, but the feelings are unfounded, and she has no support at all for her suspicions.

Oct 25, 2017
Selling them as stock photos, selling them to local news papers, to local schools, to the athletic organization, etc, etc.

When your a photographer you have to hustle.
He wouldn't be able to use them commercially without a release. Perhaps if it was particularly newsworthy, he could get around that, but certainly not as stock photos.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
That lens he has probaby cost more than the camera 😂

yeah I was trying to see what it was. The dude is seriously into photography.

Some of the people here would flip if they saw street photography. There are a few members of this site that are pretty good at taking pictures of complete strangers. Although most street photographers do not photograph kids

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Well it wouldn't really change anything because it's not against the law to shoot the public.
Just because something's legal doesn't make it right. As others have said, I hate being in photos even with my consent, so back the fuck up. A fancy camera doesn't mean you're free from being called out for being an asshat.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
I'd say it was rude of him to specifically shoot kids he doesn't know without consent but she straight up insinuated things about him to a wide swathe of people for what amounted to pretty much nothing. I hope he sues the fuck out of her.

I shoot as a hobby and have had an urge to get some shots of local games I've passed by just to try it out when the lighting is interesting but I'm pretty sure I would get some mean mugging over it. Not worth the possible altercation regardless of the law.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.