• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Game-convention.jpg

Someone made a comment in another thread about game-themed orgies.

Part of me has always wanted to go to a con, but then I imagined the smells and opted out. Was finally going to pull the trigger this year but then plague 2.0 hit. How were your experiences @ people who have gone?

Dec 2, 2017
I always thought they were really sweaty and gross. Granted everyone I went to was in Ireland, usually in a hotel basement or a crowded hall, but they were awful.

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
I always thought they were really sweaty and gross. Granted everyone I went to was in Ireland, usually in a hotel basement or a crowded hall, but they were awful.

This is what I was thinking. I've never been to a con but I've swung by gaming club/anime club/gamestop on a busy day etc.... and my nose has never forgiven me

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Generally fun but tiring, sensory overload everywhere, generally you're not eating the most nutritious foods and you're probably dehydrated.

Mostly speaking from experience from PAX, but it's been going downhill over the years. More people, less free stuff, more having half the booths full of "content creators" instead of actual games.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Think furry convention but with awkward heterosexual nerds instead of outgoing LGBT folk

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I've never been, but i've heard pretty crazy stories from friends who have gone, so I'm assuming pretty damn wild.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
The ones I went were... normal I guess? Live performances, food, gaming competitions, lots of merch to buy.

I was introduced to Cup Noodles in my first convention. And there was a hilarious Uncle Phil (from Fresh Prince) cosplay lol.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I love anime cons. Have been to ColossalCon East and AnimeNYC. I mostly go to hang out with friends who I don't get to see often and buy tons of cool art from the Artist Alleys (probably what I spend 75% of my convention money on tbh). There's a fair amount of cringe and smell but it comes with the territory I guess, plenty of amazing cosplay and panels. I prefer the smaller cons like ColossalCon East to AnimeNYC as it has a smaller, friendlier vibe than the E3 convention center type vibe something like AnimeNYC has, but they're all enjoyable if you like the subject matter. But I have never attended any after parties, so my recollections are probably way more boring than some other stories. I check in, buy art, eat bad food, get drunk with friends, and go home on Sunday lol.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Pretty fun but expect lines and lines and lines for major games
Indie games are more approachable and the staff is always friendly
It stinks, especially at gaming conventions but also at comic con since it's in California
Wash yo ass before going

bring plenty of water though because you'll get dehydrated from walking and walking

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
They are not that wild. They are a fun and lively time in general though and once COVID is out of the way I suggest people give em a try if they've never been.

What happens behind closed doors generally stays behind closed doors, and you won't encounter it under most circumstances.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Only been to PAX East a few times. I was married and lived within driving distance so I didn't stay in a hotel which is where I'd assume any con orgies would take place. It was fine in the board game area but if being around a mass of people is a problem for you I'd skip it. Eventually you'll end up needing to shoulder check your way to where ever you're going or get squished real close with folks as you wait in line to play *thing*.

Smells weren't as bad as advertised but also not pleasant.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Full on like wild orgies? Nothing that I've experienced.
But yes there's usually some 18+ after party at a different location with most conventions which is where folks looking for some tail get crunk. Invites back to hotel rooms, etc etc you know how it goes.

It's really no different from clubbing. Just everyone is a huge nerd and is probably dressed up.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Btw, I went to some of these conventions with my dad, uncle and young cousins.

They are not this NSFW thing people idealize lol

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
They are not that wild. They are a fun and lively time in general though and once COVID is out of the way I suggest people give em a try if they've never been.

What happens behind closed doors generally stays behind closed doors, and you won't encounter it under most circumstances.
This goes for literally any con. Even business cons get pretty crazy behind closed doors.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
DragonCon was nicknamed SlutCon for a reason.

Lots of hookups and group sex sessions happen. You get a bunch of repressed nerds together and the hormones can get going.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've been to a bunch and a lot of the "nerdier" ones sounded like this while wandering about.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I went to Otakon a long time ago and it was...fine? Like it's a convention with lots of different things you can do so there's lots of different silos that you can find yourself in. Lots of cosplay ranging from really bad to above average (though the above average cosplayers had a bunch of people around them usually).

I didn't get really click with the guy I met online and roomed with so it was kinda awkward the whole weekend. And as someone who is both shy and bad with crowds I didn't get as much out of it as a lot of people probably did. But I spent some time in rooms watching AMV's, looking at a bunch of merch and buying some manga, played a few video games.

I'm sure there are some wild things going down but it just ends up depending on who you're there with and what you end up getting into.

I do think that it was good for me in the sense that it showed me that the culture around anime at the time was absolutely not for me. I thought my being put off by the anime club I tried to go to while at grad school was an isolated incident but nah, these definitely weren't my people.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You'll get wild room parties at any convention, but that's only if you know the people involved/are popular enough. Every now and again you hear of some stupid shit happening on the public floor involving people abusing drugs, personal space, or common sense. But otherwise cons aren't really all that much of a mind blowing experience, at least if you've gone to several already.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Denver Pop Culture Con (formerly Denver Comic Con) has never struck me as crazy and I've gone to every single one since it began. Granted, some of those were only one-day trips instead of full weekend, but it seemed pretty tame, and it promotes itself as a family-friendly environment with an educational theme. People do show up with their families and young children there. I have heard of there being issues with threats of violence between congoers and sexual harassment, though... I just never personally was a part of any of those situations, but I don't doubt that they happened.

The two big anime conventions have been definitely kind of weird at times -- I've been to NanDesuKon (NDK) and WasabiCon in the state of Colorado before and I stopped going to both because they did end up being kind of the awkward nerd, bad-body-odor kind of experiences that a lot of conventions get knocked for. It also didn't help my experience that I went to both on the encouragement of friends, because I'd been tapped out on anime subculture for a good long time. I liked seeing some of the stuff vendors had at both of them, at least?

I guess it can vary based on the size, the way the convention pitches itself, and of course the attendees. NDK and WasabiCon definitely cater to hardcore anime nerds in Colorado and the extended rocky mountain region; DPCC promotes itself as sort of a pop culture family-friendly cross-section and both generally kind of live up to the way they're pitched.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
When I go to PAX nowadays I have more fun just hanging around the local area than at the conventions themselves, mostly because most of my friends and I that I know from there use that time to go chill and get good food/drinks in the city and then do stuff at the con for a little while each day.

I'm very curious how things will be in the next few years when they start coming back.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I can tell you right now, those sweaty, overweight dudes aren't having orgies with those insta cosplay girls. How on earth we went from "girls find it hard to go to cons because of sexual harassment" to "sex free for all" I don't know.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Expected a John Kowalski thread.

I guess a John Kowalski reply is more likely.

Honestly I can only muster a wholesome reply. I've only been to a single comicon like five years ago, but I was so struct by watching kids who looked the kind who otherwise not have a lot of friends be so happy and social and boys and girls all together in their weirdness and everyone in the shops so filled with that optimism, it was amazing. It was like a whole big family being together.

Didn't see no sex tho. But that's just the curse that has been laid upon my life.

Last edited:

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
i don't like them, personally. sometimes the vendor shit is cool but i can't stand a lot of the people that go to these things. the only upside to the big anime conventions we have here are the arcades-- but they're not worth the very high price of admission.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
As wild as you want them to be.

Want to just chill and buy some merch you wouldn't normally be able to? Maybe talk to some creators in the field? Experience something not quite ready to release? Cons got you.

You want to dress up in a head to toe fur suit and follow vague clues posted on craigslist to find the open themed orgy? Cons got you.

It's really more about what you want out of a con as the con will usually have all of those bases covered.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
I can tell you right now, those sweaty, overweight dudes aren't having orgies with those insta cosplay girls. How on earth we went from "girls find it hard to go to cons because of sexual harassment" to "sex free for all" I don't know.
To be fair you're overestimating just how straight these get. It's not just lads pining for lasses. Hell sometimes it seems like it's RARELY lads pining for lasses.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
I've only been to one games con specifically but I've went to it a few times

I really enjoyed it, it was a great atmosphere particularly plus the opportunity for panels and game previews are self explanatory

they're certainly very busy obviously but I don't know any of this orgy stuff OP is mentioning O_o

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
Game-convention.jpg

Someone made a comment in another thread about game-themed orgies.

Part of me has always wanted to go to a con, but then I imagined the smells and opted out. Was finally going to pull the trigger this year but then plague 2.0 hit. How were your experiences @ people who have gone?
Went by myself once and it was pretty boring tbh. Definitely seems like the kind of thing that'd be great for meetups and groups.

Chille

Jan 7, 2018
I remember 2016 fanfest there was a shrine to a character who had died in game, someone put a box of condoms at the shrine and slowly over the few days of the con they were going lol. Cons can often end in sex due to alot of people who are single going to an event in which they share a common interest so one night stands are a thing.

Thugnificent

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot of sex and cocaine depending on the con.

The actual con itself is whatever. Most recent con I went to was Anime Expo in LA, and... it's okay I guess just for the experience? The events/rooms within the actual expo get kind of stale. You can buy some overpriced stuff from the shops.