• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uncle at Nintendo

▲ Legend ▲
Jan 3, 2018
www.businessinsider.com

Ohio Republicans propose annual state holiday honoring Trump as 'one of the greatest presidents in American history'

Reps. Jon Cross and Reggie Stoltfuz of Ohio have proposed a bill that would declare a state holiday in honor of former President Donald Trump.

Two Ohio Republicans want to honor former President Donald Trump by naming a day in June after him, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

Reps. Jon Cross of Kenton and Reggie Stoltfuz of Paris Township sent an email, on Friday, asking their fellow lawmakers to declare June 14 'President Donald J. Trump Day,' the paper reported.

The two Republicans specifically asked their colleagues in the Ohio House of Representatives to co-sponsor an upcoming bill that would "celebrate one of the greatest presidents in American history," the Dispatch said.

In the email, the representatives reportedly told fellow lawmakers: "Let's show the 3,154,834 Ohio voters who cast their ballot to re-elect Donald J. Trump that we as a legislature recognize the accomplishments of his administration."

How will Ohio-era celebrate this holiday?

May 21, 2018
That so many people see the guy as their ideal, most sublime specimen of a human being, the living embodiment of their sacred ideals, and the one who they make the foundation of their identities, is really sad.

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are they going to give Obama a day too for winning the state in 2012? The logic behind these people is freaking ridiculous.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Nov 18, 2020
Ohio has lost their fucking mind.

Your avatar is my exact reaction to this

2661.jpg

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
literally every "accomplishment" is getting undone by a new EO.

the rest will hopefully also be erased

Deleted member 59109

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Can we have a "Donald Trump out of office" day

(It's every day, but just another day to extra celebrate it)

Tlozbj

Banned
Jun 26, 2020
Puerto Rico
Well... as crazy and cultish as this is... At least the Ohio GOP joined the train of crazy state GOP franchises working to make things easier for Democrats in the midterms. All of this reverence and cult to Trump, linking it to the state GOP franchises, and keeping him and his anthics in the public eye should help to keep the Dem and anti-Trump base engage and on the watch for 2022

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, be thankful they're not trying to rename a day of the week after him. Imagine if they changed Thursday to Trumpsday.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
As a neighbor to the garbage pile that is Ohio... Do kindly fuck off with this.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
I have friends from Ohio and shit like this gives me endless fuel to make fun of them for being from Ohio.

Deleted member 12028

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ashamed to be from Ohio at this point. They may as well make it January 6th if they are going to proceed. So it's a day we can remember his true legacy of insurrection.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until the day I die, I will be forever confused and baffled by how people IDOLIZE a dude who is overweight, balding, crass, racist, homophobic, willfully ignorant, and brutishly cruel to anyone he doesn't like. It constantly feels like I'm in this alternate dimension where I and a small subset of people see him for this dumb mob boss, while everyone else worships him. And CONTINUE to worship him. It's unreal.

Oct 28, 2017
The entire Republican Party fucking LOVED being unabashedly racist for 4 years they are willing to bend over backwards to please a man who only gives a shit about himself. Fucking simps.