• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
well, now i want an engraved stand :-)

I have really bought it ( have pre-ordered on annouce day and very surprised to received this earlier)

20210310-181449.jpg

Wireless updating process

20210310-203803.jpg

20210310-203941.jpg

Some setup Options on Xbox App Acessories

20210310-204043.jpg

BT paired on LG Oled E9

20210310-204710.jpg
How's the mic quality? If it's even half decent I'm sold. These look comfortable as hell.

Liam1884

Oct 30, 2017
Will I be able to connect this headset to my windows laptop wirelessly and use it straight out of the box? No adaptor needed and use Bluetooth?

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I must do some more testings, but the sound quality is very, very good. On Series X i have DTS-X and after testing some games (most AC Valhalla) the imersion is great.

It has some nice noise cancelling. They are confy and the controls on each sides are very friendly user.

I have not yet tested mic or parties so i cannot give 1st impressions on that.

Overall, for 99 euros, very happy with this purchase

Thanks for the impressions.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, and to clear all doubts, as expected, this headset doesn´t work with my Ps5 (as expected)

I can get sound from PS5, but only with BT option on the TV Sound output (but is not ideal at all)

Ew-J2th8-WQAghx-c.jpg

Ew-J2rhk-WEAEcn-HT.jpg

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, and to clear all doubts, as expected, this headset doesn´t work with my Ps5 (as expected)

I can get sound from PS5, but only with BT option on the TV Sound output (but is not ideal at all)

Ew-J2th8-WQAghx-c.jpg

Ew-J2rhk-WEAEcn-HT.jpg

Have you tried connecting to your Xbox and phone at the same time yet? Playing/doing a mix of both at the same time?

Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried connecting to your Xbox and phone at the same time yet? Playing/doing a mix of both at the same time?

Yes. I have conected both Xbox and my phone and i have played some Valhalla listening to some musics on my spotify playlist and YT feed on the smartphone, mixing both at at the same time. All working flawless.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany

I have really bought it ( have pre-ordered on annouce day and very surprised to received this earlier)

20210310-181449.jpg

20210310-203803.jpg

20210310-203941.jpg

20210310-204043.jpg

BT paired on LG Oled E9

20210310-204710.jpg

Wow pairing with the LG OLEDs work? Awesome, that never worked with the Sony Gold Headsets.

Completely missed that it's coming now, amazon germany doesn't have it. :/

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. I have conected both Xbox and my phone and i have played some Valhalla listening to some musics on my spotify playlist and YT feed on the smartphone, mixing both at at the same time. All working flawless.

Fuck yeah. I'm excited to be able to use Discord while playing cross platform stuff with friends.

Oct 27, 2017
Wow pairing with the LG OLEDs work? Awesome, that never worked with the Sony Gold Headsets.

Completely missed that it's coming now, amazon germany doesn't have it. :/

On the LG we choose Speaker Output = BT. Then "search device" (something like that :-)
On The Headset we press the pairing "button" for 3 or 4 seconds (it stars blinking)

And the TV finds the Xbox Headset very fast and pair it.

I can play Xbox and if i want to change to regular TV and i choose BT Sound Output on the TV, i start to hear whats on TV...

Pairing is only needed once (the 1st paring process). Smartphone is the same (only 1st pairing needed)

(sorry for my not so good english :-)

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

damn awesome. good thing i got a preorder in, I think there's going to be more demand for it when people hear about this.

Oct 27, 2017
Cans look huge.

Now I'm kind of wishing I waited longer before getting 7x.

Yes they look huge, but also the earpads are confy and and sound stage is very nice (to my taste).

On Valhalla i "feel" the combat (strong beats and noisy combat attacks), but also i hear some sounds at far, and with good direction pin pointing

I tested also Ori and the sound is very punchy on the attacks but also pleasant with the subtle sounds and music.

It´s difficult to explain sound descriptions :-) (also, it´s a subject very subjective to taste)

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Great, nice to know it works well. After having the arctis wireless, I can't go back to headsets without it.

Oct 25, 2017
Can these be used wired with the PS5? I've almost bought a wired Corsair set that does Bluetooth simultaneously since I would mostly use discord for chatting while playing.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, and i forgot:

If Xbox is disconected and we turn on the headset, it also turns on the console (like if we use the controller). Neat feature.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
On the LG we choose Speaker Output = BT. Then "search device" (something like that :-)
On The Headset we press the pairing "button" for 3 or 4 seconds (it stars blinking)

And the TV finds the Xbox Headset very fast and pair it.

I can play Xbox and if i want to change to regular TV and i choose BT Sound Output on the TV, i start to hear whats on TV...

Pairing is only needed once (the 1st paring process). Smartphone is the same (only 1st pairing needed)

(sorry for my not so good english :-)
Are there any lip sync issues when paired with the LG?

Looks like I can use these cans with my PC, XSX and for TV audio which will be pretty cool. Will keep my Golds for my PS5.

krpiper

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm able to play a cross platform game and connect to discord on my phone at the same time?

Any early adopters have glasses and want to chime in how they feel?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
As someone who has a Turtle Beach Xbox headset that has BT and the Xbox Wireless single the dual audio device playback is incredible.

I'm never going back to a headset that cant do BT and Xbox audio simultaneously.

This seems like a really good deal for the price.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If I were to use this with my Xbox to chat in a party, but also connect it to my phone so I can take calls, how would I dictate which device uses the microphone? Like if I'm gaming with a friend and my phone rings, does it just smartly switch mic source? Or can I/do I have to switch it myself?

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Is this available to preorder anywhere in the UK? Been looking for a while and can't find anything.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017

This is why I pre-ordered these.

Holy crap that's amazing. Best gaming headset feature-set for the money.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta

20210310-181449.jpg

20210310-203803.jpg

20210310-203941.jpg

20210310-204043.jpg

BT paired on LG Oled E9

20210310-204710.jpg

When you turn them on, do they turn on the Xbox as well? My current Stealths do that and I don't like it and I haven't seen how to stop it from doing it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Can we connect two audio sources from any device and have it play? Like PC and my phone for example?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020

Ew-J2th8-WQAghx-c.jpg

Ew-J2rhk-WEAEcn-HT.jpg
Weird question... I have no idea if this will work or if the ps5 supports it...

did it come with a usb-c to usb-c cable? If so can you plug it into the ps5 controller's usb-c port to use it wired??

or is there some sort of usb-c to 3.5 adapter that could work?

Oct 27, 2017
This is a pet peeve, but the name Xbox Wireless Headset is impossible to google. A lot of the top results are for competing products. MS naming team needs an intervention.

Weird question... I have no idea if this will work or if the ps5 supports it...

did it come with a usb-c to usb-c cable? If so can you plug it into the ps5 controller's usb-c port to use it wired??

or is there some sort of usb-c to 3.5 adapter that could work?
I would imagine the PS5 controller only outputs audio through the 3.5 jack as using the USB-C port on the controller would be kind of a fringe case. They do make male-to-male USB-C/3.5 adapters though. Then the question then is if the XWH can accept audio input through the USB-C port?

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This is a pet peeve, but the name Xbox Wireless Headset is impossible to google. A lot of the top results are for competing products. MS naming team needs an intervention.

I would imagine the PS5 controller only outputs audio through the 3.5 jack as using the USB-C port on the controller would be kind of a fringe case. They do make male-to-male USB-C/3.5 adapters though. Then the question then is if the XWH can accept audio input through the USB-C port?
it does, according to the website. says you can use it on a PC via USB. No idea if a USB-C to 3.5mm adapter would work though

Sir can you please try it on an Xbox One?
it'll work just the same. accessories are backwards and forwards compatible.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Would love to hear how then mic quality is. Hardware Canucks latest video on wireless headsets showed the mic quality can be pretty rough for wireless kits so maybe this doesn't have that issue

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
With the TV, i noticed some minor lag yes (its not perfect lyp sync on the tests that i have made). With the phone, not at all.
Thanks for your impressions so far! I wonder though, how is the mic monitoring? I hate it when I can't hear myself properly when using a headset, it's really irritating to me for some reason when my own voice is muffled.