• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Where are people pre-ordering from in the UK?

Went with GAME, ugh. At least they don't charge until a week before.

Last edited:

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I wish they'd enable all Bluetooth headphones work. I have the Sony WH-1000XM4s and only way I can use it is by connecting it to the controller.
I doubt that's changing anytime soon. Sony doesn't even do this with their own headphones which I find absolutely baffling.

Like a few others said, I would like a premium headset. My Sony XM3s are great for audio but I really don't have any need for actual communication as my friend base is on Sony/discord rather than Xbox. But I bought the Platinum headset for PS4 and it is fantastic. The sound quality is good and the baked in features just make it so convenient in a way that most third parties just don't.

Pantato

Nov 5, 2019
I doubt that's changing anytime soon. Sony doesn't even do this with their own headphones which I find absolutely baffling.

Like a few others said, I would like a premium headset. My Sony XM3s are great for audio but I really don't have any need for actual communication as my friend base is on Sony/discord rather than Xbox. But I bought the Platinum headset for PS4 and it is fantastic. The sound quality is good and the baked in features just make it so convenient in a way that most third parties just don't.

I have a pair of Sony XM4 that I use wirelessly on my PS5, and they are fantastic. You just need a low latency bluetooth adapter such as the Route Air Pro. Works on PC and Switch as well, but haven't tried on the XSX yet.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
I have a pair of Sony XM4 that I use wirelessly on my PS5, and they are fantastic. You just need a low latency bluetooth adapter such as the Route Air Pro. Works on PC and Switch as well, but haven't tried on the XSX yet.

What I mean is that there should be a native first party solution, not a third party adapter/dongle. I'm already heavily invested in the Sony audio market, doesn't make sense that Sony can't just offer a Sony bluetooth adapter that works with all of their bluetooth products AND can benefit from the sound enhancements built into the headphones app/playstation headset functions.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to sell my Surface Headphones 2 to get this headset.

I love my Surface Headphones, but it was always an annoyance that it didn't have native Xbox wireless compatibility.

If this new headset can offer Surface Headphones level audio quality, minus noise cancellation, a carrying case, and a 3.5mm port, but with added Xbox Wireless support, for less than half the price, it'll be an absolute steal.

And ya'll, those rotating dials that they're bringing from the Surface Headphones are freaking awesome. The coolest, most intuitive way to adjust your audio on a pair of headphones.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
man, should i go for it or wait ?
this seems good and well in demand, and their surface headphones are pretty well received.
but would prefer something that'll work wireless on both ps5 and xbox. tired of having multiple headsets.
do arctic series x7 and x9 fit that bill?

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
this seems good and well in demand, and their surface headphones are pretty well received.
but would prefer something that'll work wireless on both ps5 and xbox. tired of having multiple headsets.
Just the 7x I believe. I want a pair of 7x's but they aren't in stock anywhere so I've just preordered these

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I have the 7x and they're fantastic. Can endorse.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Just a reminder not to buy into any sort of hype yet either.

At least with Amazon you can easily return it, but I'm just saying that we haven't seen this thing in action yet and as such haven't heard of any potential drawbacks

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
The SteelSeries 7x or Audeze Penrose X are the two options currently.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
How would this compare to the HyperX Cloud II's? Obviously it's wireless but that's not a selling point to me. More interested in the audio quality.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
How would this compare to the HyperX Cloud II's? Obviously it's wireless but that's not a selling point to me. More interested in the audio quality.
Cloud IIs are based off of a headset that was never intended to be paired with low powered devices like phones or video game controllers, which is why Hyperx includes a USB adapter to pump the volume and bass up. It wasn't until the Cloud Alpha that they specifically made a headset for gaming. This MS headset is obviously built from the ground up for gaming and has an equalizer built into the XSX/S itself, so the way it sounds will be completely up to you.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Cloud IIs are based off of a headset that was never intended to be paired with low powered devices like phones or video game controllers, which is why Hyperx includes a USB adapter to pump the volume and bass up. It wasn't until the Cloud Alpha that they specifically made a headset for gaming. This MS headset is obviously built from the ground up for gaming and has an equalizer built into the XSX/S itself, so the way it sounds will be completely up to you.
I currently run my Cloud II's straight into the Stereo port on the PC with no USB dongle since that's the optimal way with Dolby Atmos Headphones.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I currently run my Cloud II's straight into the Stereo port on the PC with no USB dongle since that's the optimal way with Dolby Atmos Headphones.
PCs aren't typically low powered devices. The Cloud 2 run directly into my Dualshock 4 or Dualsense sounds absolutely terrible. Almost no bass and very low volume. It needs a bit of power to get the most out of it, but then again it's a normal headphone that Hyperx turned into a gaming headset.

Oct 31, 2017
"oh, i'll just preorder this later..."

11761.jpg

Wet Jimmy

Nov 11, 2017
I've purchased (pre-ordered, obviously... )one of these despite being relatively happy with my current RIG 800LX headphones (I say relatively because they don't seem to handle bassy explosions very well).

I plan to move the RIG's to my PC, freeing up another USB port on the Xbox (the new Microsoft headphones don't require a dongle) and allow for another USB HDD to be added to the Xbox. Yay!

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
As an owner of the Surface Headphones, I'm really excited that they've brought over the earpiece dials for volume / mic control. Super intuitive.