• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017

36v.gif

ShadowGP

Oct 27, 2017
OK just got Arctis 1 wireless Xbox edition for my Series X. THE question: do I unbox them and keep them or should I return them and wait for the Official headset?

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh, I didn't realize preorders would go this fast, got super excited about this in the morning and then super distracted and forgot to order it. I have barely used Arctis 7x that I like quite a bit just have not had much cause to use, but this sounds really good and would like to have PC/Xbox audio stream at the same time (which seems possible with this) rather than having to switch a dongle/usb thingy.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Preordered right when wario64 posted it was on amazon. It had some generic placeholder title and no image.

Now they added a pic and the title is "
Xbox Wireless Headset, Switch, PS5"

I thought it wouldn't work with other systems. I was about ready to cancel when I saw people saying it wouldn't work with others. Will it?

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Have these gone on sale/pre-order yet for UK?
Yes, the Microsoft pre-order has sold out but Game still have it listed at £5 cheaper than the RRP (no idea if they add postage to that)

www.game.co.uk

Xbox Wireless Headset

Discover the Xbox Wireless Headset, the outstanding accessory for multiple devices including the Xbox Series X|S.

Edit: appears they add £4.99 for postage which makes it pretty much the same price as direct from Microsoft who don't charge for that.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Glad I bit the bullet, wasn't actually expecting them to sell out, but I had my concerns. I've needed a new replacement for my dying Logitech ones, so this came at a good time.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Yes, the Microsoft pre-order has sold out but Game still have it listed at £5 cheaper than the RRP (no idea if they add postage to that)

www.game.co.uk

Xbox Wireless Headset

Discover the Xbox Wireless Headset, the outstanding accessory for multiple devices including the Xbox Series X|S.

Edit: appears they add £4.99 for postage which makes it pretty much the same price as direct from Microsoft who don't charge for that.

Would they ship to the US?

eek

Oct 26, 2017
Does Chat Mix work on PC for Discord and stuff?
I don't think anyone can answer that yet. I'm curious if chatmix (native gamebar) will work on Windows or if chatmix can mix bt/wireless if you're connected to two sources.

I'm guessing game/discord won't work for chatmix unless the headset shows up as two devices when you pair it with a wireless dongle. 🤷‍♂️

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Yeesh was gonna preorder after work and surprised to see they're out on Amazon and through Microsoft. Keeping tabs on Best Buy.

Oct 25, 2017
Ngl this sell out shit is very frustrating. Like, just keep pushing back the delivery date estimate a la Apple instead of "whoops. Sold out! We'll randomly chuck more up every while so stay glued to twitter for when we release seven more!"

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed that these don't work with the PS5. I just want one decent budget wireless headphones that work for both consoles.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Ngl this sell out shit is very frustrating. Like, just keep pushing back the delivery date estimate a la Apple instead of "whoops. Sold out! We'll randomly chuck more up every while so stay glued to twitter for when we release seven more!"

It doesn't just work that way. You can't just push the release date back without knowing when you'll get that product back in, and you can't just keep taking pre-orders for product you don't HAVE and have no idea how many of said product you'll have when it comes back in stock.
You also can't determine who will keep their preorders and who will cancel their preorders.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
From what I'm reading $100 seems like a steal. Very aggressive price point for what they offer.

- "You can also simultaneously pair the headset to your phone and Xbox. That means, for example, that you can chat with a friend or – as the engineering team recalls doing – dial in to a conference call on your phone and play on your console at the same time." -

That's what sold me. Awesome feature.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
being able to have xbox audio and then Discord audio from mobile (and PC?) all wireless is....extremely enticing....and that price....uggggggggggh

Rivanov

Mar 22, 2018
The Netherlands
Already sold out at Microsoft but I ordered it via Bol.com in the Netherlands. Delivery on March 16th.
Will replace my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 1.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

www.game.co.uk

Xbox Wireless Headset

I can't get them into the basket in Game. Just keeps coming up an error.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Damn, I got the Arctis 9X for double the price in Dezember.
Now I just hope that the Microsoft headset does not sound better. :D

Is it confirmed that these don't work with the PS5. I just want one decent budget wireless headphones that work for both consoles.

It also uses Bluetooth, it should work fine with PS5.
I see no reason why it wouldn't.

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
Could I get audio from my Xbox and my PC at the same time using these? I like to play games while listening to podcasts or watching Youtube videos. Right now I'm using a complicated splitter setup to accomplish this.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
People are thirsty for new stuff in this time. And good price off course

Price is ridiculously good, most headsets that allow BT mixing are double this price.
Just need to see the reviews to see how this 'best in class' sound is.

I don't see it in the same ballpark as hi res headsets like Arctis Pro, but its still phenomenal value.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
RRP is £89.99 now it seems

I was wondering why Eurogamer stated £90, seeing as it would have come from a press release

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
If I use a Bose QC 35 II and the Hyper X cloud 2 headsets, would I actually benefit from something like these?

I usually just plug those headsets directly into the Dualsense/Xbox controller - the wire doesn't bother me, nor does connecting to two different channels.

Audio is still comparable even when plugged in to a controller I assume?

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Damn, I got the Arctis 9X for double the price in Dezember.
Now I just hope that the Microsoft headset does not sound better. :D

It also uses Bluetooth, it should work fine with PS5.
I see no reason why it wouldn't.
Sony doesn't allow bluetooth for gaming audio. It would need to have a dongle or be able to connect it via 3.5 mm jack into the controller if it has that capability.

Last edited:

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Xbox for giving this a super unique name like 'Xbox Wireless Headset' so that it's not a nightmare of other suggestions when searching to find somewhere it's in stock.

/s

bry

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone finds it in stock anywhere can you post here please.
Such a bummer that the pre orders sold out so quick

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK

www.game.co.uk

Xbox Wireless Headset

I'll take a gamble and order