• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spasm

Nov 16, 2017
Dammit, too late. If I didn't already have the Arctis 7x, I'd be interested. I would probably still prefer the 7x due to PS5 compatibility and 9 hours more battery life. I will keep an eye out for the Rtings review once it hits, though the 7p (same as the 7x) already has a very slight edge in sound quality over the latest Surface headphones. It will be interesting.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Does the connect to console and another device only work for Xbox and Windows? Sounds like it's not using standard bluetooth for that part.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Looks quite nice, and has a solid feature set. I can't give up my Arctis 7X's chat/game audio dial though, it's so critical. Some games like Gears 5 are so loud I need to really favour chat audio, while quieter games I can change the balance. Having that feature easily accessible all the time is so important.

Looks like this is included if I read correctly.
And I know what you mean about Gears.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Look awesome but the Arctis 9x are still going to my headset of choice until xbox gets an official discord app. I tried the 3rd party and series X ran like shit until i deleted it.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
US folk is getting a cracker deal with this. Price isn't nearly as spicy outside of the states (eg it's £95 in the UK), but it's still a fair bit cheaper than its competitors (eg Steelseries Arctis 7X is £65 more).

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look awesome but the Arctis 9x are still going to my headset of choice until xbox gets an official discord app. I tried the 3rd party and series X ran like shit until i deleted it.
You can simultaneously connect these to your Xbox and a phone/computer. So you could be connected to discord on your phone/computer and your Xbox at the same time.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been running wires to my XSX controller since getting it, so I'm really happy to see an official wireless solution. Price seems good too. I'm going to preorder.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Does the connect to console and another device only work for Xbox and Windows? Sounds like it's not using standard bluetooth for that part.
Probably. It supports both standard Bluetooth and Xbox's proprietary Xbox Wireless standard. So, I think the idea is that you can use both to connect to one device each (eg your Xbox and your phone), but you can't connect to two different Bluetooth devices.

Deleted member 35478

User-requested account closure
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
These are going to be insanely popular, price point and being an official MS product, it will be difficult to ignore.

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the result of Bang & Olufsen collaboration?
No, these were designed in house. The B&O set is still in the oven, expect a similar feature set with nicer materials.

Anyone know if they are bundling in codes for Atmos or DTSx with this new headset? Those are not included licenses on the consoles.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a good headset, just got a new one but I'd be looking at this if I hadn't since it has the bluetooth combo thing.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Good price and features. It's not for me, but it seems at first look a decent purchase.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
As a Pulse headset buyer, and then returner, I agree. Looks like MS put some actual thought into these. Hopefully they sound good.
I'm going to sell my Pulse actually, it's a very comfortable headset but it's more aesthetic than it is functional to be honest lol

Thanks for inspiring me to finally do it XD

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The important thing with the simultaneous Bluetooth audio is whether or not the balance between game/BT is adjustable on the headset itself. If it's not, it's kinda lame (don't really use my Penrose X as much as I'd like for this cuz the balance is terrible and FIXED).

If they have that adjustable I would recommend these to so many people at that price point.

mullah88

Oct 28, 2017
Will these work on the ps5 without a usb dongle? Looks good....also will the companion app be available on the pc for those that don't have an Xbox?

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There obviously already is voice chat on the console itself, but maybe you were talking in jest.

I mean... one's an optional bonus for people who might be playing cross-play games with friends on other platforms.

The other is Nintendo expecting everyone to use their rubbish app.

It was in jest haha.

I do use Discord and Xbox at same time often, so it's helpful I know!

Just wish Discord was on Xbox already. 😋

Cocobani

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just preordered, thanks OP. Hope we get some hands on/reviews before it releases. For $99 it seems like a good deal with all of of the features it has.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Hmm, after buying both the 7x and Penrose X I don't really need these.... but, we have three gaming areas and these might be better for my youngest who struggles with the dongles of the others so might give these a shot as well.

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
With those specs and it lacking bluetooth codecs for it, I can't imagine how latency will be good on PC.

Confirmed support for Windows via Xbox Wireless dongle or via Bluetooth or just connecting the headset to a USB port.

Edit: Missed this post, this on the other hand would fix it though if it does support the dongle. Just a weird contrast of marketing low latency with Xbox without using a dongle.

Last edited:

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
It seems you can connect to windows using USB-C. Unless it's only for charging. So may end being compatible with PS as well.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I know it connects wirelessly without a dongle to Xbox but will it have a dongle for PC? I'm kinda wondering if this will work for Switch, as this would be a really good option for Monster Hunter rise since you can do Bluetooth chat with discord and still get game audio...

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
One of the many in this thread that have a recently purchased 7X, so I'll wait for impressions on these. They look cool though. I'm really enjoying the 7X so far. They aren't super comfortable when wearing glasses, but this is my first headset so maybe they're all like that.