• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I had the PS4 one, Gold I think (but headset was blue). Sound was great but construction quality was so terrible it was 80% duct tape by the end

I know my Wireless Gold's seem kind of delicate, but I always wonder wtf some of you do with your headphones. I just don't think they would break unless you accidentally sit right on them or something.

Specs

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
3PntGOn.png

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Got gen 3 A50s that are long in the tooth now and disconnect randomly. Maybe I'll get this if the reviews are good

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I know my Wireless Gold's seem kind of delicate, but I always wonder wtf some of you do with your headphones. I just don't think they would break unless you accidentally sit right on them or something.
My son mostly used it, but you can feel the cheap quality of it's build from the day it was purchased. I cared more about the sound than the aesthetics but expected much better build quality for the price

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Bought, the fact that it works through the current xbox wireless adapter for windows and with no adapter at all on xbox is fucking awesome.

(whether the audio quality is trash or not remains to be seen though)

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Looks quite nice, and has a solid feature set. I can't give up my Arctis 7X's chat/game audio dial though, it's so critical. Some games like Gears 5 are so loud I need to really favour chat audio, while quieter games I can change the balance. Having that feature easily accessible all the time is so important.
These have that feature, the one ear cup lets you balance chat/game audio.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
The simple act of using the Sony Golds was enough to destroy them. It was the hinges that were snapping for most people.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh yeah, that's a great shout. Can connect to and use a console and a phone at the same time - great for Discord chats.

When Nintendo wants you to use a Phone App for voice chat...it's clunky.

When Microsoft wants you to use a Phone App for voice chat...AMAZING!

Haha, it's a nice feature though.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that simultaneous phone and console connection has the potential to be an absolutely killer feature tbh, if it works well. Are there other headsets that do that?

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
My experience with pretty much all wireless gaming headphones has been horrible since they tend to have terrible mics, full of distortion and noise. Hopefully, MS can offer sth better.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
These look great, love having the R and L inside the cups as well as I hate having to look for tiny prints or indents on headphones to find that shit.

I just recently got the PS5 headset... can I justify having a separate set for each console? Probably not... will I buy them eventually anyway... maybe?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
When Nintendo wants you to use a Phone App for voice chat...it's clunky.

When Microsoft wants you to use a Phone App for voice chat...AMAZING!

Haha, it's a nice feature though.

I mean... one's an optional bonus for people who might be playing cross-play games with friends on other platforms.

The other is Nintendo expecting everyone to use their rubbish app.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Pulse have been great for me so far on PS5. Just ordered these too, as I dig the design and like grabbing the first party accessories.

Thanks for posting this, OP!

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Looking forward to seeing the reviews for these. Could use a new set of headphones.

Ravenhawk

Oct 27, 2017
The rotating earcup dials of the new Xbox Wireless Headset provide an intuitive way to adjust the volume and game/chat audio balance with just a simple turn without interrupting how it rests on the player's head.
My Lucid LS35X haS this and it is a great feature. This sounds like a very interesting headset...I hope we start seeing some pre-release impressions soon.

Last edited:

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Might be in for these, price is definitely right. Still a little annoyed that my Surface Headphones 2 don't have any sort of connectivity with my $500 Series X made by the same company, though.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Oh yeah, that's a great shout. Can connect to and use a console and a phone at the same time - great for Discord chats.
Awesome feature and I wonder why not many headset that I know of support this. Would've come in handy, because I regularly chat with my guild via discord, while playing FF14 on PS.